PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Answer This Question?

9 Ball Girl
03-18-2004, 10:27 AM
So what's more important? Me or pool?

Wendy<---continually asked this question that leaves me like this /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2004, 10:39 AM
that sounds like something a woman would say.

you must have balance in life.

my first wife began to dislike my dog once and she said "choose me or the dog". I told her to pack her bags. unfortunately she stuck around for 2 more years.

surely this is something that can be settled with a reasonable compromise.

but what do I know..I'm just some dude...

Keith Talent
03-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Not fair ... a false choice. So, do these types of people quietly rejoice once they've got you in jail, doing something with them that you'd really rather not be doing? What a way to get your kicks, eh?

Eric.
03-18-2004, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> So what's more important? Me or pool?

Wendy&lt;---continually asked this question that leaves me like this /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy,

Sit your guy down and have a serious heart to heart conversation. Let him know that he means the world to you and how it would be a complete shame to let something like this interfere with a healthy relationship. Also, reassure him that he shouldn't feel insecure or threatened over something like this.

Last but not least, after you make your choice, make sure you keep his phone number and address so you don't miss him too much when he's gone.

Eric &gt;usually a big help

stickman
03-18-2004, 11:18 AM
For me, the answer is easy. I've spent the best part of a lifetime trying to please another half. I'm pleasing me now. Pool is what pleases me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
03-18-2004, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> So what's more important? Me or pool?

Wendy&lt;---continually asked this question that leaves me like this /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I wouldn't want to be around someone that has to ask that kind of question. They must be very insecure and even moreso, just a jerk.

Ralph S.
03-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Wendy, the answer is simple. You gotta look out for #1 first. This means you need to do what you want to do, do what makes you happy. You will be glad you did in the long run.

9 Ball Girl
03-18-2004, 01:08 PM
Well, I gave up pool for 6 years once for a guy, and I sure as heck don't intend to do it again. He's a poolplayer too, only thing is is that I really like pool. And Virginia? I've already been told that if I go bymyself ('cause he ain't planning on going), then it's over. Boohoo c'est la vie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---Me? Miss Virginia? Not!

nAz
03-18-2004, 02:15 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif N = 8===================================D

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif M = 8=====D

9 Ball Girl
03-18-2004, 02:24 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif M = 8=====D

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/Fool/adr.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif N = 8===================================D

nAz
03-18-2004, 02:37 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif M = 8=====D /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif = W

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif N = 8===================================D /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif = W

Leviathan
03-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Dear girl, try to keep your sense of humor. It's only life, and life is a silly business. Suggestion: if the guy is not hispanic, look into his eyes soulfully, tell him it's over, squeeze his hand (briefly), and murmur "Adios, una cotorra que chi no canta." You're in the clear and he'll treasure the moment forever.

AS

Rod
03-18-2004, 05:27 PM
It's a D/A question. Me given the ultimatum, Bye Bye

Rod

stickman
03-18-2004, 05:40 PM
You Go Girl! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif HaHaHa!

Qtec
03-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Wally,that could be the most sensible thing you ever said; at least on this forum. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well done.

Q

JPB
03-18-2004, 10:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Well, I gave up pool for 6 years once for a guy, and I sure as heck don't intend to do it again. He's a poolplayer too, only thing is is that I really like pool. And Virginia? I've already been told that if I go bymyself ('cause he ain't planning on going), then it's over. Boohoo c'est la vie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---Me? Miss Virginia? Not! <hr /></blockquote>

As soon as somebody asks you this question the answer is "Pool. Buh-bye." the post I quoted confirms it. Anybody who gives you such an ultimatum is a manipulative jackass. Wouldn't surprise me if he smacked you around someday if you stay with him, although I am NOT accusing him of this. Just wouldn't surprise me, that's all. Does he call you all the time, bother you at work, need to know where you are, try to keep you from other friends?

Cueless Joey
03-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Flip a coin with two heads and call heads. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
03-19-2004, 06:35 AM
Yo:
Are you wondering how you can "be your own person" and love a man at the same time?

That was the very topic at the Aesthetic Realism seminar (http://www.aestheticrealism.org/events2.htm#Public_Seminars) at the Terrain Gallery in SOHO just a couple of weeks ago. Seminars are every Thursday though and similar subjects come around pretty often. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif TBk

pooltchr
03-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Anyone who would ask that question is difinitely not as important as pool.

bluewolf
03-19-2004, 11:53 AM

A person once said this to me. Person A says 'choose between me and person or thing B. The correct choice is B'

Laura

pooljunkie73
03-19-2004, 01:52 PM
You need to find a nice Canadian who loves pool as much as you do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kent Mc.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-19-2004, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> You need to find a nice Canadian who loves pool as much as you do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kent Mc. <hr /></blockquote>

Takes more than a little surgery to calm the libido it seems /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you doin' ok there "newfie"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooljunkie73
03-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I feel like someone kicked the snot out of me. But, as good as can be expected.

Kent Mc.

pooljunkie73
03-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Anyone who is worth your time wouldn't ask this question. You are too good for that. Find someone who will love you for what you are, a pool player.

Kent Mc.

cueball1950
03-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Virginia without Wendy would be like life without air.The question is totally out of the other persons mind. Just tell him that he has nothing to fear about Virginia. Just tell him your pool family will make sure you are safe and sound and that no one will bother you. But we all know what your decision will be. He sounds like a control freak to me. Get rid of him for YOUR own good.................mike

Gayle in MD
03-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Hi Wendy,
Think I would say, "Mature grown ups enjoy seeing people they love enjoy themselves doing things they love to do."

Love,
Gayle in Md