PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Alabama Pool Scene

Ketchup
03-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Soon I will be living in the Mobile area. Looking for info on local tournaments, action, and leagues. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Vagabond
03-19-2004, 05:10 AM
Howdy,
Breakers Billiards Tel# 251 341 1117. Good luck
Vagabond

cycopath
03-19-2004, 11:33 AM
There are three poolhalls.

Breakers Billiards, 7-9ft Diamonds, 9-8ft Gandys, 9 barboxes. Decent place, tables seem a little too close at times. It can get pretty crowded on the weekends, it's right beside a big dance club. This is where most of the action happens.

Runway Billiards, nice hall with 8-9ft Diamonds, 8-8ft Gandys, 4 barboxes. Very clean place with lots of room between the 9ft tables. The crowd is mostly redneck-ish, but the owner (Jason, who did own the defuncted Neon Palace) definitely has gamble.

Bumpers Billiards, approx. 12-8ft tables, 6 barboxes, 1 snooker table. I don't go here. The lack of 9ft tables should tell you who goes here.

Breakers has a big 9ball barbox tourny, and one pocket tourny once a year. They also use to run a Sunday 8ball tournament, don't know if they still do.

Runway has only been open a few months, I'm waiting to see if they are going to have any tournaments.

The only leagues I know of are APA 8 Ball.

HTH.

Ketchup
03-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info. I figured surely there would be somewhere there with weekly tournys.