PDA

View Full Version : 2004 U.S.Open 9-Ball Championships

Brady_Behrman
03-19-2004, 12:05 PM
From BARRY BEHRMAN

For Immediate Release, 2004 U.S.Open 9-Ball Championships

I'm Back for Good! I am looking forward again to seeing all of my friends at my 29th annual U.S.Open 9-Ball Championships, September 6-12, 2004.

The VIP seating is probably my best idea in years which enables those who plan to attend all week, or only Tuesday-Sunday, Wednesday-Sunday, Thursday-Sunday, or Friday-Sunday to pay pro-rated prices. You, My Fans, are #1. You asked and I delivered. Purchase tickets beginning April 1st, 2004 on a first come, first serve basis, LIVE in Real Time, on the World Wide Web.

The U.S.Open has a New Home on the web, www.usopen9ballchampionships.com (http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com), which will house the latest news, updates and more. The NEW site was built by my son, Brady Behrman, PoolSites.net and it's good to have him by my side again. Sign Up, Purchase Your Designated VIP Seats and get all the information including Hotel Arrangements all via the Web.

The U.S.Open Player Entry Fee is $500.00. After September 1, 2004 the entry is $550.00. No Exceptions.

$50,000 Added Minimum and with a Full Field of 256, I will add $72,000.00 which equals a Total Prize fund of $200,000.00 with the Champion taking home $40,000.00. With a Full Field, 96 Players will be paid.

I am asking ALL room owners for their support for as many U.S.Open Qualifiers to hopefully fill up the Field. Those interested in hosting qualifiers, please use the "Qualifier Form" at www.usopen9ballchampionships.com (http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com) . I won't be happy until the field is FULL again.

Again, I am looking forward to conducting the Best field of Players ever assembled and looking forward to seeing all the GREAT players from the US and Foreign Countries also.

My Sponsors (Diamond Billiard Products, Simonis Cloth, Aramith Balls, Billiard Club Network, Accu-Stats) and myself wish everyone a safe journey to and from and lets keep our fingers crossed that the Hurricane season will bypass this years event.

The support I had Last Year has made me a much stronger person that has changed my life for Good! I will be working diligently to fulfill everyone's needs and again thank you for your continued support of my event.

Barry Behrman
Founder & Promoter

Brady_Behrman
03-19-2004, 11:40 PM
The 3rd Annual CCB,ers event is drawing near.

I will build the site for the event..

Any ideas, let me know..

I need the two past champs pics..

Let me know,
Brady Behrman

cueball1950
03-19-2004, 11:49 PM
Thank you Brady for your kindness. I want to start off this years donations with the trophies for the winners or 1st and 2nd place. depending on how we play. And my 2nd and 3rd donations will be a new Cuetec cue and a 1x1 case for it. So mark me down. I'm there.....................mike

Ralph S.
03-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Although I have yet to attend my first U.S. Open, it is good good to see you back in action. I hope the event is a major success for you, the players, and the fans.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-20-2004, 12:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> The 3rd Annual CCB,ers event is drawing near.

I will build the site for the event..

Any ideas, let me know..

I need the two past champs pics..

<hr /></blockquote>

Try this website. www.poolplayersparadise.com (http://www.poolplayersparadise.com) look in the photo gallery under CCB pics.. KillerBreak is the CCBI winner and there is a pic of Kato (2nd place) and Ed (Champ) and me.... at QMasters.

Brady_Behrman
03-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Ralph,

You coming this year?

Thanks
Brady

Rich R.
03-20-2004, 07:57 AM
My wife and I will be there, looking forward to seeing everyone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
03-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Thelma and Louise just might be showing up this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Kato
03-20-2004, 12:05 PM
The WPBA has a tournament at Hollywood Billiards down by me Barbara at the same time as the US Open. I'm very sad................see? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato

Nostroke
03-20-2004, 12:29 PM
I can't beleive this. I am so pissed. I have 10 days to decide what to do. Oh well.

Barbara
03-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, when I went to go write down on my calendar, I saw the conflict.

For professional pool-playing couples with children (read: Dawn and Allen Hopkins), this isn't too good.

I think they should move it to the next week at least.

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
03-20-2004, 12:52 PM
why did they schedule the san diego event at the same time as the expo?

are they pissed at dawn? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

WPBA has a message board now. Do you think I'll get an answer to this from Ms. Oyama? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Doctor_D
03-20-2004, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> The WPBA has a tournament at Hollywood Billiards down by me Barbara at the same time as the US Open. I'm very sad................see? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

The WPBA seems to make it a habit to schedule their events whenever there is another major event somewhere.

Dr. D.

Barbara
03-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Wally,

Peg Ledman's the one who does the WPBA Tour schedule. And yes, it looks like there's a little contention between the the Hopkins and the WPBA. I'm not exactly sure what it all is, but it revolves around money. The WPBA wants more from the host site than Allen was willing to give up.

You would think the WPBA would do a positive thing for their players and allow them to be with their sponsors for this kind of an event, but no. They made it a lose-lose situation.

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
03-20-2004, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr>
The WPBA seems to make it a habit to schedule their events whenever there is another major event somewhere.

Dr. D.

<hr /></blockquote>

They learned that from the UPA /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
03-20-2004, 03:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Thelma and Louise just might be showing up this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif<hr /></blockquote>
OK, I have to ask, who is Thelma and who is Louise? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Who gets Brad Pitt and who drives the car off the cliff? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Inquiring minds need to know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
03-20-2004, 03:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> OK, I have to ask, who is Thelma and who is Louise? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Who gets Brad Pitt and who drives the car off the cliff? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Inquiring minds need to know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Okay, first of all, there is no driving of ANY CAR, particularly, The Beast, over any cliffs. Brad Pitt is an option, but he can't rob us. There will be no bar parking lot scenes. And there will be no shooting of guns.

And to be more specific on who's Thelma and who's Louise, two words, "Tequeela Seesters". /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And, it's still a "maybe".

Barbara~~~can't see any good weekend in September to book a JPNEWT event now...

Ralph S.
03-21-2004, 02:22 AM
Brady, I really want and hope to be there. The way things are on the homefront right now, makes it impossible to say.

Nostroke
03-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Barb- i dont see anything for Binghamton this year. What's the word? Florence getting tired?

Barbara
03-21-2004, 09:36 AM
I haven't quite worked that one out all the way yet. But it will happen.

BTW, Florence sold the room and retired. The new owners are looking forward to hosting the event this year.

After the Expo, I'll finish off the JPNEWT schedule.

Barbara

Nostroke
03-21-2004, 11:44 AM
She finally packed it in. We'll I'll be..

I hope the new owners get the home fry recipe and keep the same type kitchen but they will pobably go to frozen garbage and fried mozarella sticks. Yuck!

Still i like the trip to the country and it will be interesting to see what the new owners do with the place.

I wonder if Florence took all the memorabilia on the walls with her? Id love to get a hold of some of that stuff!

Chris Cass
03-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Nostroke,

You kill me. HAHAHAHAHA The two times I seen ya in Va you were pissed. LMAO

Regards,

C.C.~~one of these days I'm going to meet nostroke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
03-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Fuuny thing is i told a couple people i met you (Carol NYC for one)- i was introduced to Wes K by Mike M and between the noisy arena and my dying brain cells, i heard it as Chris Cass. I found out a year later.

You might not see me this year and you sure as hell wont see that License Plate. i just ordered new ones. Bad mistake they were. Couldn't hide anywhere and couldn't even give the finger in a road rage incident.

I think maybe i look more pissed than i really am/was. Anyway ill be in Peoria for the WPBA event in June.That's your neighborhood right?

Chris Cass
03-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Hi Nostroke,

Yep, that's my neighborhood. In Va. I was standing outside with Heide and Spike and Kato and Wendy when you were driving in front of the hotel Turns out as you were coming up this idiot pulls dead in front of you. I was surprized you didn't run into him. I seen you were pissed. Then at the hall when they said it was open and it was closed, still no power. That was the other. Both times, I agree with ya.

See ya soon,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
03-22-2004, 10:16 AM
That was you in the car outside the poolroom??? You had me baffled. You know when you dont recognize someone right away, it's kinda awkward to stare so i just kept moving towards my car. You are right i was pissed.

Billy
03-22-2004, 04:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> The WPBA has a tournament at Hollywood Billiards down by me Barbara at the same time as the US Open. I'm very sad................see? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Dr. D.

<hr /></blockquote>

scheduling conflicting dates with independent events has been a trend of the WPBA for many years

they are right in some ways but wrong in so many others

in the long run I think they are hurting the game.pool at this moment can not afford to be so divided amongst the industry.living in the past,thinking of only today,and no or little forethought for tomorrow ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif sounds like a pool hustler /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) guess it comes down to the almighty buck

jmo