PDA

View Full Version : APA Discussion Forum

Sparky
03-19-2004, 12:27 PM
I created an APA discussion forum for APA members, or anyone interested in chatting about billiards. You can get to it by going to http://www.geocities.com/poolhustler891972. We hope to see you there.

Sparky

UWPoolGod
03-19-2004, 12:36 PM
dead link

Sparky
03-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Sorry...try this.

http://www.geocities.com/poolhustler891972

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SpiderMan
03-19-2004, 03:25 PM
Welcome back! I went to the APA forum, but didn't see a lot of discussion yet. Maybe it will pick up.

I'm curious, what kind of response did you ultimately get on that "Help Sparky Get Out Of Debt" thread?

SpiderMan

Ralph S.
03-19-2004, 05:23 PM
ROTFF I was wondering who was gonna be the first to mention that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nick B
03-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Is it just me but...I can never seem to get any of the "geocities" URL's to work. Does anybody else have this problem?

example:
http://www.geocities.com/poolhustler891972.

Nick

SPetty
03-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi Nick B,

The reason the link you showed doesn't work is because it has an extra period at the end. If you click on the link and the URL goes up in the address bar, go up there and remove the extra period at the end and try again.

That's why Sparky posted a second working link without the period (although he could have just edited his original and you wouldn't have had this problem...)

bluewolf
03-20-2004, 05:24 AM
I got in there but when I tried to register, it sent me to a page, where I had to create a hotmail account. That was kind of a pain to me. If anyone knows how to get there another way, I would sure like to know how.

Laura

Sparky
03-20-2004, 09:15 PM
SpiderMan...

I actually gave up on that idea...lol. I'm doing something legitimate now. I'm making and selling candles with my girlfriend. I also have a job now.

FlikerWik Candle Company (http://www.flikerwikcandles.com)

Take care,
Sparky

Sparky
03-20-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry about the dead link everyone. I accidentally put a period at the end. That is why I posted it again. I didn't realize I could have edited my previous post. I will fix it now. I was in a hurry that day. Once again...sorry!

Sparky

Sparky
03-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Well..I tried to edit my previous post with the bad link. However, my edit time has expired. Oh well! I can't do anything about it now. Sorry!

Sparky

Sparky
03-20-2004, 09:23 PM
You shouldn't need to create a Hotmail account to join an MSN group. Please try again.

Sparky

SpiderMan
03-22-2004, 10:30 AM
That's cool stuff. I have always been fascinated by candles, lanterns, and such. I've spent a lot of time camping and outdoors, and make all my own candles for such utilitarian purposes.

One of my all-time favorites was the so-called "strobe candle" that blinked on and off a couple times a second. These were a fad in the sixties. Have you tried making them?

SpiderMan

bluewolf
03-22-2004, 01:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> You shouldn't need to create a Hotmail account to join an MSN group. Please try again.

Sparky <hr /></blockquote>

I DID try again and it took me right to sign in my msn hotmail. I could not use bluewolf or anything like that also, so had to use my siberian huskie's name, parispandora. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Still have not posted there, though.

Hope it picks up though.

Laura

Sparky
03-22-2004, 01:44 PM
I have not tried making those yet SpiderMan. Maybe I will look into it though. They sound pretty cool. I wonder how it works. Hmmm....

Take care,
Sparky (Erik) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sparky
03-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Laura...

I guess you do need a .NET passport to sign in to MSN Groups. I didn't realize that. It's pretty easy to get one. I'm hoping more people show up over there and start posting. I just started the group and I would like it to grow. It's an open forum over there. Everyone is welcome.

Take care,
Sparky (Erik...aka The PoolHustler) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sparky
03-22-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm also looking into ways to host my own discussion boards from my own server. I haven't set up my server yet, or the software. I'm still looking into it. If I come up with something, I will let all of you know. I would like to host the discussion board directly from my American Poolplayers Member Site instead of from MSN Groups.

American Poolplayers Member Site (http://www.geocities.com/poolhustler891972)

Take care,
Sparky (Erik...aka The PoolHustler) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SpiderMan
03-22-2004, 02:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> I have not tried making those yet SpiderMan. Maybe I will look into it though. They sound pretty cool. I wonder how it works. Hmmm....

Take care,
Sparky (Erik) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

As I recall, they used two closely-spaced wicks. Probably the size and spacing of the wicks, as well as the candle diameter, was critical to performance. Once they started burning well, the flame of the strobe candles would try to self-extinguish, then re-catch, over and over again. It seemed that the two closely-spaced wicks somehow caused a draft that tried to blow themselves out. The twice-a-second (or faster) cycle was so dramatic that the candle actually made a popping sound in a quiet room.

SpiderMan

Sparky
03-22-2004, 05:06 PM
SpiderMan...

That sounds like a great idea. I may try that with one of my apothecary jars to see if it works. I bet it also has something to do with the meltpool. I'm not sure though. The wax may put out the flame and then the wick next to it my re-ignite it since they are so close together. Hmmm...not sure though.

Sparky /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif