PDA

View Full Version : What do you call these guys???

bigalerickson
03-20-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm curious if anyone has any or knows any nicknames for these stereotyped people that can be found around.

What do ya call....

The guy who has every single glove, shaper, color chalk, attachable bridge, and of course a collection of cuetec cues?

The guy who's apparent favorite saying is "that's a pool shot.... yep, that's a pool shot." or one of my other personal favorites "I didn't deserve that."

The guy who talks about all the action he used to get, but nobody has seen him play a set for more than table time.

The rich guy who has the nicest custom cues, gets a new tip every other week, and can't run four balls but talk/acts like he is a major player?

The guy who doesn't have a cue, or apparently a clue but can pick up a bent tip less house cue and run racks?

The guy who loves to tell everyone else's story?

The girl who has no fear of anyone when at the table?
(am I the only one that finds this very attractive?)

Just some people I've been seeing around lately... -Alex

Tom_In_Cincy
03-20-2004, 12:14 AM
a NIT

and there are other NITs to that you may have witnessed.

My opinion from a long time ago (somethings don't change) (http://www.cuemaster.com/RSB/nits.htm)

haywood
03-20-2004, 02:08 AM
hmmm...ok...here's what I would be calling these guys in numerical order as listed....

1. We used to call this guy "THE MANAGER" when I was in high school. The sort of guy who wanted to play the game, but ended up being the roadie for the team and carrying the equipment bag.

2. "THE CRY BABY" Often has a hard time being understood due to the fact that he has his thumb in his mouth most of the time when he's not complaining about who wronged him.

3. "THE USED-TO-COULD" As Jeff Foxworthy would say...given enough time he might could again...

4. for lack of a better term here, "INSPECTOR GADGET" This guy would buy turn signal fluid if someone told him it would make a good shaft cleaner.

5. hmmm...I've seen a few people like this. "THE JANITOR" would be a fitting name. Cleaning up the table with an old broom handle with a tip glued on.

6. more than likely you will be calling this guy "BOB" Reason being is that thier life is so bland that they have wasted way too much time trying to figure out what thier named spelled backwards says that they mooch stories off of real players so they can be the center of attention. No offense meant for anyone reading this whose name is actually Bob, or boB should you be spelling backwards.

7. simply put, that is a thing of beauty. I call her "GREAT ONE WHO SHOULD TEACH ME THE FINER POINTS OF BRAVERY WHEN PLAYING MULTI-RAIL LAST POCKET 9-BALL FOR $473.92 AGAINST MR. STATE CHAMPION"

and one you forgot....the guy who is always wanting to bet on some wildly crazy shot like a table length one-armed bank, shooting behind your back, on one foot, with one eye closed. Surprisingly easier than one would think, by the way. Here's a little tip for those interested in avoiding this guy embarrassing of you. Never bet on anything involving a weedeater, a pig, or a haircut. And yes, I learned these things the hard way.

just my 2 cents worth of what they could be called /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bigalerickson
03-20-2004, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the good chuckle before im off to sleep haywood.

-Alex /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
03-20-2004, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy who has every single glove, shaper, color chalk, attachable bridge, and of course a collection of cuetec cues?
<hr /></blockquote>

POOL ENTHUSIAST

[ QUOTE ]
The guy who talks about all the action he used to get, but nobody has seen him play a set for more than table time. <hr /></blockquote>

WANNABE

[ QUOTE ]
The rich guy who has the nicest custom cues, gets a new tip every other week, and can't run four balls but talk/acts like he is a major player?
<hr /></blockquote>

POTENTIAL SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
The guy who loves to tell everyone else's story?
<hr /></blockquote>

THE "NEEDS-TO-GET-A-LIFE"

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

JEAN BALUKUS /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dr_billiards
03-20-2004, 05:48 AM
Down the list in order.....
1. A Nit
2. A Sap
3. A Chump
4. A Rich Nit
5. A Hustler
6. A Nosy @ss
7. Does she have a Short on the top / Mullet in the back haircut, and wear Flannel Shirts? .... well, I won't even go there.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Doc B

Barbara
03-20-2004, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>

POTENTIAL SPONSOR

<font color="blue">WHERE??? WHERE???</font color>

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>

JEAN BALUKUS /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You got that right, Girl!!

Good rolls to ya in San Diego!! See ya next Saturday!!

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

CarolNYC
03-21-2004, 03:58 AM
Thanks Barb,
See ya Saturday!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ajrack
03-23-2004, 03:24 AM
POOL NUTS!!!!