PDA

View Full Version : ID namecard in case?

04-26-2002, 11:30 AM
Is it a good idea to put an id card with my name & phone number into my case? This way it might be returned if it gets lost or misplaced or something?

Rich R.
04-26-2002, 11:33 AM
IMHO, it is a good idea. However, I believe it is a bad idea to include your address. Rich R.

04-26-2002, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eddie G Chgo:</font><hr> Is it a good idea to put an id card with my name &amp; phone number into my case? This way it might be returned if it gets lost or misplaced or something? <hr></blockquote>

yes?

04-26-2002, 11:43 AM
When I use to go on vacations I remember reading that you should not have your name, address, or any personal information showing or inside your luggage. That would make you or your home etc. an easy target for thiefs.
And I also remember reading you should always have your name, address, phone # and place you would be staying while on vacation etc, in your luggage so it could be returned if it was lost or misplaced. I'm trying to decide which would be better for my pool cue &amp; case. I don't plan on doing any traveling. I might just start playing some again in area pool rooms.

Doctor_D
04-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Good evening:

Use your work or business adress. This way NO one knows your residential address.

Dr. D.

04-26-2002, 10:39 PM
me, i put my name phone #, e-mail and just that.

BillPorter
04-27-2002, 06:12 AM
I have my name, phone number and address on my luggage and my traveling cue case. Personally, I don't see any risk in doing this. So what if someone knows where you live? Why would that make it any more likely for you to be robbed unless you are known to have lots of cash or valuables in your home. Or if you are a celebrity. And who sees the tag anyway...Do you see baggage handlers making notes of names and addresses as they throw bags on and off those carts? I've been flying for 50 years, always with name and address on luggage, and have yet to see the harm in it.

04-27-2002, 09:06 AM
Hi Bill.
When I first traveling to Vegas, the travel agent told me to turn the address card backwards so no one would know my address. It supposedly makes you an easy target for thiefs. And I read travel articles in newspapers saying basically the same thing. And it does sound like many of you have some valuable cues. And it sounds like many of you also play in some decent sized money games. And not always in the best pool halls or taverns. It would only take a second for a thief to learn your address if you make it easy. About 20 years ago I played on a tavern league. I was warned about all this stuff. I was worned never to leave a drink unattended unless I was sure a team mate was watching it. I guess it sort of made me paranoid about safety. Now that I think of it, unless one has an unlisted number anyone can get your address from your phone number for about 50 cents from one of those address services. And many can also get your address from a license number. Maybe I should get to bed now. Seems like I'm getting a little carried away here.

04-27-2002, 09:09 AM
One more thought. Suppose someone did actually rob your cue &amp; case. Thiefs often return to take advantage of their victums.

JimS
04-27-2002, 09:16 AM
I have my name, business phone number and email address on my case. Feeling smugly safe and like I've covered the all the bases. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

BillPorter
04-27-2002, 09:16 AM
Eddie, I agree...anyone with half a brain and a few minutes of time can get your address these days. In Internet takes care of that. Besides, there's not much in my condo that I'd cry about if it were stolen (and had to be replaced with insurance money). Matter of fact, if they stole my mean Parakeet (Dudley), I'd probably be pretty happy. Just don't steal my fiancee...she would be very difficult to replace.