PDA

View Full Version : Hear of an Extreme shaft?

UWPoolGod
03-22-2004, 12:23 PM
has anyone ever heard of an Extreme shaft? I played against a good local player who had a prototype Extreme shaft customed to his 80's Birdseye Southwest. It had a super short ferrule on it. He said that it is going to be a competitor to a Predator shaft, so i don't know if that means it is spliced or what. Any ideas or places they are found at?

Rich R.
03-22-2004, 12:38 PM
He could be referring to the X-Shaft, made by Tiger. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
http://www.tigerproducts.com/xshaft.htm

UWPoolGod
03-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah it's possible. His ferrule was at most 1/2" long. Which made it kind of look funky but if it works then use it. There were no markings on the shaft since he had it customized to his SW (ringwork and whatnot). Guess he could have sanded off their emblem.

Cueless Joey
03-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Yup, that's the Tiger shaft.
I tried one. I ran 9 racks in a row when I tried it.
Then I woke up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tateuts
03-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Joey,

I know some good players have switched over - did you really try one and what do you think? I think they're using your Ivor-X ferrules and Ned Morris is turning the shafts.

Chris

Cueless Joey
03-22-2004, 08:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Joey,

I know some good players have switched over - did you really try one and what do you think? I think they're using your Ivor-X ferrules and Ned Morris is turning the shafts.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>
Nope, not Ivor-X. They're using a plugged-on fiber type short ferrule. X shafts are not bored out like the 314's.
It's also stiffer. It really hits just like a stiffer conventional shaft.

TheFish
03-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Anyone haev more info on it?
I am shipping my gilbert to get the cue stacked wrap and figure since i am paying the damn shipping might as well try out the xshaft too if its any good. i was gonna get the predator shaft with the gilbrt ring work..but i guess if it saves me 20 US..and is nie to play with.. why not.

Btw, hasnt this been out for a long while already?

Cueless Joey
03-23-2004, 12:30 AM
It's been out for more than a year.

Rich R.
03-23-2004, 04:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> There were no markings on the shaft since he had it customized to his SW (ringwork and whatnot). Guess he could have sanded off their emblem. <hr /></blockquote>
If his was truely a "prototype", as you said, they may not have put the markings on the shaft.

UWPoolGod
03-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Yeah looking at that webpage the design is kind of cool. If it hits stiffer than a Predator i don't think i could handle it. I may give one a whirl down the road. We'll see.