PDA

View Full Version : OK so where shall we meet up? & what time? VFEXPO

Gayle in MD
03-22-2004, 12:38 PM
OK Kiddies, I am going to the EXPO, Driving up there all alone, and wondering how to locate as many of you as possible. How about if we pick a certain bar, and select a certain hour for each evening of the expo where CCBers can check in to meet other CCBers? Now I havent ever been there, so if this is a dumb idea, someone will have to tell me, LOL.

What do you guys think? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Love,
Gayle in MD /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2004, 12:41 PM
How's about Dr. D's booth #22?

Gayle in MD
03-22-2004, 12:53 PM
I'll definately stop by there to see Dr.D, but I was thinking if we selected a time and place where we could grab a seat and have a drink together, it would be fun, and also, we wouldn't be blocking her exhibit from view. What do you think?

Is there a place on sight for a drink and a snack? As I said, have never attended before so just looking for suggestions.

Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2004, 01:11 PM
I remember going to a restaurant, I forget which but Carol had told me and Tony about it, and they made the best pasta with whatever topping you wanted. It was the best! It's in the Radisson but I can't for the life of me remember. There were actually 2 restaurants that I can remember. I'm senile!

Gayle in MD
03-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Wow, That sounds perfect Wendy. What do you think would be the best time to set for the CCB cocktail hour? Can anyone remember the name of it?
Gayle in MD /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in MD
03-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi again, just looked up that sight, and wondered, could it be called the Blue Grotto?
Gayle in Md

Barbara
03-22-2004, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hi again, just looked up that sight, and wondered, could it be called the Blue Grotto?
Gayle in Md <hr /></blockquote>

That's it, Gayle! It's right above the Expo in the Scanticon hotel. Or whatever they renamed it to this year.

I'll be the one chained to the Amateur Tournament Desk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Eric.
03-22-2004, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Wow, That sounds perfect Wendy. What do you think would be the best time to set for the CCB cocktail hour? Can anyone remember the name of it?
Gayle in MD /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,

I think Barbara mentioned the restaurant's name is the Blue Grotto. Even if the name changed, it is easy to find. It's on the second level, right at the top of the stairs.

I think it might be a little tricky setting up a "good" time. I know some people might have matches earlier in the day.

Eric

Bob
03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
If memory serves me from last year, there were 2 places to get the make your own pasta, you can get it at both bar/resturants at both the Scanticon and the Raddison. The bar at the Raddison has more room then the one at the Scanticon. Both places fill real quick by 5 pm, so if your going to have a get together, make it an earlier one or there will be no seating.

I am staying at the Scanticon and would really like to meet you all. Please keep in touch with me.

Eydie Romano

Eric.
03-22-2004, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> Both places fill real quick by 5 pm, so if your going to have a get together, make it an earlier one or there will be no seating.

<hr /></blockquote>

As a suggestion, 8:00PM might be a good time to meet. The vendors close at 8, the players get a chance to finish their matches, and it might be late enough to miss the dinner rush hour.

Anyone willing to play Julie/Cruise Director?

Eric

Barbara
03-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Eric,

I don't know how the 4th day is going to factor in yet, but last year we sent off the last round of matches at 11 pm.

And when the vendors close, where do you think they're going to congregate? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There are always some beer/drink vendors in the Expo area itself, maybe you could find one and a time and post up at Dr. D's booth.

Barbara~~~Eric owes me a martini!!

CarolNYC
03-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey Wendy,Gayle&amp;Barb,
Its called :

Chumley's Steak House

This stately restaurant and bar features Certified Angus Beef(tm) including popular favorites like our 28 oz. Porterhouse and 16 oz. Prime Rib. Seafood dishes include tuffed Lobster Tail and, for lunch, enjoy the Pasta Bar where you select your favorite pasta, sauce and vegetables, then watch as a chef prepares it all before your eyes! Chumley's offers a great selection of wines by the glass.

Its on the Radisson side-remember Wendy?You and Tony were in the mood for Italian? They cook it fresh in front of you!
Man, you guys are gonna have a ball!
Have a great time-I'll see youse when I get there!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sally
03-22-2004, 04:49 PM
What's "tuffed" lobster tail? Sounds pretty suspect. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Gayle - count me in. I'll be there Thursday morning to play the tourney. I hope to meet you all. This sounds like fun.

DG - three days 'til Valley Forge

Barbara
03-22-2004, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>DG - three days 'til Valley Forge <hr /></blockquote>

Three days 'til dg's bet payoff... heh heh heh...

Barbara~~~candy and liquor... sah-weet!!!

DennyS
03-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Sounds great Gayle, I'll be arriving Wed. afternoon and i'm Looking forward to meeting everyone.

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2004, 07:58 PM
That's right! I remember going there after you told us. Then we went again the next day but they had moved to the Blue Grotto. Tony loved it! Afterwards at the end of the trip, I couldn't eat pasta for about 3 months! LOLOLOLOL

Thanks and see you there!

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Gayle, I'll go wherever I happen to be herded to! LOL

Wendy&lt;---not good at being Julie/Cruise director /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

cueball1950
03-22-2004, 10:15 PM
It is unfortunate for me but i can only get there for saturday" early matches. sure do hope i can catch up with some of you. Would be a shame if i missed any of you....mike

CarolNYC
03-23-2004, 03:59 AM
LMAO-tuff is a rock fused by volcanic heat-so........maybe, its lobster cooked by volcanis heat? ha ha ha
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
03-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Ok Carol, Chumley's it is. Hope everyone sees this. Also, For anyone who is there on Wednesday, since the Pro Charity event begins at 7:30 pm, we will meet at Chumley's at 5:00 0'clock pm.

Hope to see it full of CCBers!

Later,
Gayle in MD...can't wait to meet you folks /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SPetty
03-23-2004, 08:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>Anyone willing to play Julie/Cruise Director?<hr /></blockquote>Looks like Gayle's taking over the "Julie, your Cruise Director position", although I don't think anyone could do it as well as you did! Thanks again for making my stay extremely memorable! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
03-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Great, Looking forward to meeting you!
Safe traveling now.
Gayle in MD /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SteveFromNY
03-25-2004, 06:33 AM
Hope to see some of you guys there! I'm not spending the night, did that last year already so I'll be there on Saturday only. Drive safely everyone!

PQQLK9
03-25-2004, 06:41 AM
Hope to see you there Steve. I will be wearing my CCB keychain.