PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rocky (or others in the Memphis Area)

SpiderMan
03-22-2004, 03:09 PM
I seem to recall that someone in Memphis published a freely-distributed newsletter with local pool happenings. Is that still available, and is there an online source for the information?

I'm interested in weekly tournaments and interesting places to play in the North Mississippi area. Would be particularly interested in places to play in Sardis, Batesville, or Holly Springs. I used to go to Purvis's in Oxford, but he closed down about 3 years ago.

SpiderMan

Tom_In_Cincy
03-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Spidy,

I think this is what you are looking for:

Memphis Based Monthy Pool Magazine (http://www.professorqball.com/)

rocky
03-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Are you from around Batesville? You wont find any descent tournaments around there, well unless you want to win $45.00 first place lol. I will try and let you know whenever something descent comes around.

SpiderMan
03-23-2004, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rocky:</font><hr> Are you from around Batesville? You wont find any descent tournaments around there, well unless you want to win $45.00 first place lol. I will try and let you know whenever something descent comes around. <hr /></blockquote>

I have family in Sardis and Batesville, and my parents live in Oxford. $45 tournaments is fine, just looking for something to do when I'm visiting and hanging out with friends.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
03-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks Tom,

I've seen that one, though actually I didn't know it was Memphis-based. It doesn't seem to concentrate on happenings in the Memphis area. I was thinking of something like a little flyer that I saw stacked around in some of the local bars and maybe at the Rack or the Rec.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Spidy,

I think this is what you are looking for:

Memphis Based Monthy Pool Magazine (http://www.professorqball.com/) <hr /></blockquote>

rocky
03-24-2004, 08:38 AM
If you dont mind the drive Paragould Ar. is the place to play tournamnets, there is one almost every night. Lot of good action, but also some outstanding players. Let me know when you are coming and i will put together a list for you of what is going on in the area. You know John Barton doesnt live far from their.

SpiderMan
03-24-2004, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rocky:</font><hr> If you dont mind the drive Paragould Ar. is the place to play tournamnets, there is one almost every night. Lot of good action, but also some outstanding players. Let me know when you are coming and i will put together a list for you of what is going on in the area. You know John Barton doesnt live far from their. <hr /></blockquote>

At the end of May, Sid V and I are thinking about driving to Little Rock for that big Airgun Show in the Expo Center. Afterwards, I think he's going north to visit family and I'll head east, through Memphis and down to Oxford.

SpiderMan