PDA

View Full Version : anyone see dawn of the dead?

nAz
03-22-2004, 07:54 PM
i went to see it last saturday night. it was preety good not exactly what i expected, them damn zombies are really quick!
i do not think i would be able to get away from them even with my gunz!
my date thought it was really scary, which was good cause i got to cop a feel feels when ever she would grab my arm durring a "scary) part.

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2004, 08:06 PM
I saw it on Saturday too and this was my take:

1. I did not care for the "zombies". They reminded me too much of the movie 28 Days Later. Zombies are supposed to move slowly, IMO, at least like the original which I have here on DVD.

2. Ok so they were stuck in the mall. That was probably the only similarity with the original. Where the hell did the extra characters come from?

3. They should've named it Dawn of the Dead 2004 'cause I honestly thought it was going to be a real remake, albeit better music and effects than the real one (ah but the real one is such a classic!).

4. The majority of the theater goers where I went were young, teens to early 20s. They probably don't even know that there's an original movie out there. They probably wouldn't even appreciate the original. Matter of fact, they probably never even heard of George Romero. Double matter of fact, they probably don't even know that it's Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, then Day of the Dead. Damn whippersnappers! LOL

That's all I've got to say.

nhp
03-23-2004, 01:37 PM
I actually liked the movie. You'd figure someone would walk out of the theatre in disgust from all the extreme gore, but I think it's safe to say 99% of the public is de-sensitized to that sort of thing, including myself. The dark humor was great, there were scenes where the whole audience including myself burst out laughing, and I remember feeling weird because I was laughing at something disgusting, like a zombies head exploding or something. I was entertained the whole way through. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

heater451
03-24-2004, 07:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>. . .it's Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, then Day of the Dead. Damn whippersnappers! LOL

That's all I've got to say. <hr /></blockquote>You forgot the non-franchise, offshoot, "Night of the Living Dead" films. . . .

BTW, I thought 28 Days was very well done (with a few nitpicks), and I'm betting the new DotD is what I had **expected** 28 Days to be. 28 Days had an interesting viewpoint, on the--using the term loosely--"zombie" genera. It was also beautifully shot and colored, if you appreciate that stuff.

=========================

9 Ball Girl
03-25-2004, 07:40 AM
I actually liked 28 Days Later. I even have it in my DVD Horror collection. I liked their portrayal of "zombies" and found their story very interesting. DotD, IMO, should've been a little bit truer to its original.

Wendy~~~remember "Night of the Living Bread"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

heater451
03-25-2004, 05:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> . . .remember "Night of the Living Bread"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>I missed that one.

Have you ever seen "Bad Taste"?--I saw it years ago (maybe even a decade ago. . .), and only 2 weeks ago heard that it was Peter Jackson's first flick. And, while Bad Taste has it's own, um "charm", it's hard to see it leading to LotR.

IIRC, "Dead Alive" is another--I don't know if I can call it 'cult'--film that's good for laughing while occasionally cringing as well.

================================