PDA

View Full Version : 115 registered members in 3 days...

02-19-2002, 11:59 AM
That's not too bad. Come on all you anonymous on lookers join our community. Once all this newness becomes the norm, you will come to find out this is the most informative pool discussion forum on the net.

TomBrooklyn
02-20-2002, 01:12 AM
133 Now. May be interesting to track. Would probably be best for daily updates for a week or two, then weekly updates for a while, then monthly.

TomBrooklyn
02-20-2002, 06:54 PM
2/20/02 2219EST 163

TomBrooklyn
02-22-2002, 04:18 AM
2/22/02 0426 EST 174

TomBrooklyn
02-23-2002, 01:10 AM
2/23/02 0118EST 181

Rod
02-23-2002, 02:18 AM
This is a test, its only a test, do not try to adjust
the horizontal or the vertical we are in complete control.
Ah well you get the idea, just checking my sig.

Alfie
02-23-2002, 04:07 PM
>> That's not too bad. Come on all you anonymous on lookers join our community. Once all this newness becomes the norm, you will come to find out this is the most informative pool discussion forum on the net. <<

Lurkers and anonymous posters are comfortable doing what they do. Why do you need for them to emerge?

You are being a cheerleader for an internet discussion group. For gods' sakes, man, get a grip.

TomBrooklyn
02-23-2002, 04:15 PM
Alfie,

I think shot said that in all the excitement over the new board format. LOL.

By the way, I have commandeered this thread to use for my user count. Why are you posting in my user count thread? LOL And whats up with rod adjusting his TV in here?? /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

jjinfla
02-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Tom, Where did you find the registered users total?
Jake

jjinfla
02-23-2002, 05:52 PM
Alfie, I don't think people who do not register can get to the "my home" page and therefore they can't change the "plain Jane" format that they see when they log on so they really don't know what they are missing. But other then telling them that I don't care if they register or not. Or if they post here or not. Or if they leave here or not. They are all big boys/girls and don't need my permission to do anything. I wonder how many of those who left are now trying to figure out how to rebuild that bridge they burned, or not. Jake

TomBrooklyn
02-23-2002, 06:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> Tom, Where did you find the registered users total? Jake <hr></blockquote> Jake, this board is very complex, and understanding all of it machinations is not somthing meant to be learned overnight. You are a newbie, and should be proud of it.

However,...some of the codes and secrets of the inner workings are not meant to be divulged before their proper time. Do you see the little book on the left side of this post. That is the book of knowledge. Myself and a few others are privy to the knowledge of the User List; however, I am not at liberty to divulge that information right now. I hope that the others that have knowledge of that level of access will concur that you must wait.

You will learn of the User List in time .......at the right time........

TomBrooklyn
02-24-2002, 01:07 AM
2/24/02 0115EST 184

jjinfla
02-24-2002, 09:26 AM
Myself and a few others are privy to the knowledge of the User List;
You will learn of the User List in time .......at the right time........

I guess it pays to read "everything" on the home page before asking stupid questions. Now I suppose there is apage that tells me how to properly use the new quote feature? Jake

TomBrooklyn
02-24-2002, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>You will learn of the User List in time .......at the right time........ <hr></blockquote>

I guess it pays to read "everything" on the home page... Now I suppose there is a page that tells me how to properly use the new quote feature? <hr></blockquote>

Ahh, your time has come, grasshopper. (/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gifSorry Jake, I was just havin' a little fun 'with 'ya/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif.)

Clicking on "quote" is just like reply but puts the post your replying to into a quote. It is generally clearer to your reader if you then edit the quote and leave only the pertinent part you wish to respond to. Check out the FAQs for a lot of info on the site features. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

I tried something interesting here. I embedded a quote. I quoted you quoting me. It doesn't look that clear, but I tried it as a novelty. You can do it manually using the proper square bracket commands. I guess they're called HTML codes. It's a little confusing at first, but it gets a lot easier after you play around with it a few times.

heater451
02-24-2002, 01:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>...You can do it manually using the proper square bracket commands. I guess they're called HTML codes. It's a little confusing at first, but it gets a lot easier after you play around with it a few times. <hr></blockquote>

Tom, the square brackets are UBBCode delimiters for UBBCode tags. HTML (Hyper-Text Markup Language) uses the angle brackets "&lt;" and "&gt;" to surround tags.

The effects are pretty much the same, the tags are used to "mark-up" the text for display formatting.

I'm guessing, but I believe the UBBCode was created, in order to disallow actual HTML to be used on the board. Early bulletin boards allowed HTML by default, and, because some people feel the desire to screw things up, 'cause they can, it got out of hand.

02-25-2002, 06:43 AM
I think it's more a question of saving face than rebuilding bridges. Of course they could simply like the other places more.

02-28-2002, 02:13 AM
As of 02/28/02 at 1:20am, There are 211 registered members.