PDA

View Full Version : Playing Tony Fargo

Ketchup
03-24-2004, 12:09 AM
In a recent tournament in my home town I had to meet up with Tony if I won my first match. First, I played Jason Lefleur and won. Next match was Tony Fargo. I have never played someone of his caliber at a big tournament before. The match was neck to neck the whole time. With the set tied at 5 games a piece in a race to 7 I leave myself a bank on the 9. It's a tough bank...I fire the shot in and watch the cue ball slide into the side pocket. Fargo is up 6 to 5. He breaks and runs out. I was so dissapointed in myself for scratching...had a chance to get on the hill and breaking. I was just proud of myself for keeping up with the champ. I guess all that practicing and tough, long gambling sessions finally paid off in toughening up my skin.

Tommy_Davidson
03-24-2004, 03:23 AM
> I know exactly how you feel,I've played Tony a couple times in tournaments and let it slip away due to bad decisions both times. Not to knock his action,but he is generally considered to be the best banker in the world,or at least was several years ago. Trust me,no one is lining up to play him,even IF he has truly lost a step,but from what I have seen that's not the case. Jason LaFleur,the guy you beat,is a very high quality player from the Louisiana area,and usually cashes in the U.S. Open,which is the only place I have ever seen him. If you beat him,you obviously played a strong match. Tommy D.