PDA

View Full Version : "Z" you later (the shaft)

boalt06
03-25-2004, 01:07 AM
The Z is 11.75 in diamater. Does anyone use a shaft this thin. I was thinking, that if such a diamater is not anamolous, perhaps I should learn to use it. Since I am a begginer, I can get use to a thinner shaft, whcih I understand has less deflection because of the stiffness. Maybe this is just a bad idea, and I should stay with a more conventional diamater shaft.
I greatly appreciate all comments and insights.
--Erick /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tateuts
03-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi Erick,

Just the tip is small. Because of the "Euro" taper, the shaft is a lot thicker. Check out the diagram - the exagerrated drawing shows the "Z" taper versus the 314. It's a wedge shape.

http://www.predatorcues.com/english/shafts.htm

Chris

Popcorn
03-25-2004, 12:51 PM
From what they show, Euro taper, short ferrule, small tip, it looks like this is meant to be marketed to billiard players. It looks like a billiard shaft.

tateuts
03-25-2004, 01:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> From what they show, Euro taper, short ferrule, small tip, it looks like this is meant to be marketed to billiard players. It looks like a billiard shaft. <hr /></blockquote>

It's a billard shaft design, but they're marketing it to pool players. I would like to hit a few balls with one but I don't like extreme tapers at all.

Chris

boalt06
03-25-2004, 01:21 PM
It feels wierd. I mean, It looks like it is going to break if you hit it too hard. also, a local expert told me that it is harder to hit center with this shaft; the shaft would be very "unforgiving." However, I thought it would be good to learn with an unforgiving shaft; it would make me hit dead center everyhit. (yet, the shaft still looks funny).
--Erick

rocky
03-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I have one of the proto types of the shaft and it is great. The taper is so gradual that you dont really notice how much smaller it is. And it was designes with billiard players in mind, but not aimed at them. One of the biggest complaints that we got was that the 314 was to thick for alot of the older players that had taken down thier shafts.

Popcorn
03-25-2004, 05:06 PM
If you look at the illustration on the web site it looks very exaggerated, but if you look at the real pictures they don't look that different. What are the actual measurements from at the tip to back sat 10 inches?

[url=http://www.predatorcues.com/english/shafts.htm]

Are there any name billiard players now using it?

boalt06
03-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Rocky, you seem to know a lot about the shaft. Do you think it would be a good idea for a begining player to learn with this shaft? OR should I starter with a thicker shaft? THank You,
EG