PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel safer now that Saddam has been caught?

eg8r
03-25-2004, 05:46 PM
This has been asked of myself at least once and maybe more times here on the board, and I have replied YES. My reasoning is that I felt there was no doubt Saddam did his part in financing Al Qaeda. Since we took Saddam down, one very important issue in terror has come to halt (for the time being) and that is Gadhafi. Maybe he is lying or maybe he has finally found some sense.

Anyways, it seems his son is right on track. Here is a quote from the Wall Street Journal Opinion Journal... [ QUOTE ]
"The son of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi said Wednesday Arab countries should support President Bush's campaign to promote democracy in the Middle East," the Associated Press reports:

"Instead of shouting and criticizing the American initiative, you have to bring democracy to your countries, and then there will be no need to fear America or your people," said Seif al-Islam Gadhafi. "The Arabs should either change or change will be imposed on them from outside."

He said that unlike other Arab countries, monarchies and "republics" alike, he does not plan to succeed his father as Libya's ruler. "Seif even praised Israel, saying that unlike Arab countries, sons do not tend to succeed their fathers in power there. 'We don't put the appropriate person in the right place, but Israel is a democratic country,' told the Al-Jazeera television station."

Seif heads the Gadhafi International Association for Charitable Organizations, but it's unclear to what extent he speaks for his father's regime. Still, some of Tripoli's actions have been encouraging of late, and in a part of the world where corrupt autocrats dominate, one has to be impressed by the emergence of such a prominent voice for reform.
<hr /></blockquote> This helps ease the mind a bit, knowing there are some changes on the rise. Hopefully.

Here is another quote from the same site... [ QUOTE ]
When Israel rid the world of terrorist Ahmed Yassin earlier this week, the question that occurred to a lot of us was: What took so long? Writing in the New York Post, the Iranian commentator Amir Taheri offers an astute analysis of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's strategy:

Possibly the most important reason why Sharon believes he can hit Hamas at the highest level of its leadership is the Israeli belief that the Palestinian radical movement is losing momentum. In 2003, the number of Israelis killed by Hamas and other radical groups such as Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine was down by almost 50 percent compared to 2002. Although this was partly due to more effective prevention work, there has also been a sharp decline in the total number of planned attacks.

Hamas and virtually all other Palestinian radical groups have been experiencing growing difficulties in attracting new recruits, especially for suicide operations. Hamas is also facing financial difficulties.

The fall of Saddam Hussein closed what had become the single biggest source of funds for Hamas in the past five years. Several other Arab countries have been forced to close channels through which funds were collected for and directed to Hamas.

Bolstering Taheri's analysis, Ha'aretz reports that "Israel Defense Forces sources said they were surprised by the low number of demonstrations in the territories in the wake of Yassin's death." <hr /></blockquote> This is pretty important. While the terrorist group being mentioned in this quote is Hamas, there is no doubt in my mind Al Qaeda was also receiving financing. Now that this has happened that money flow has stopped. I am guessing other nations are also being a little more careful in how they give their money, if they continue to donate to terror.

Anyways, I don't think Gadhafi would have made his change if we did not remove Saddam. Why should he, he was not scared before. I also feel that our removing Saddam has emboldened Israel and they are moving forward eliminating the terrorism in their area of the world.

If I was an Islamic terrorist I would be scared. As an American, yes I do feel safer.

eg8r

Qtec
03-26-2004, 10:09 AM
OMG.

You are joking. Please tell me you are.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, I don't think Gadhafi would have made his change if we did not remove Saddam. Why should he, he was not scared before. I also feel that our removing Saddam has emboldened Israel and they are moving forward eliminating the terrorism in their area of the world.
If I was an Islamic terrorist I would be scared. As an American, yes I do feel safer.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

You think people who are prepared to blow themselves up for an idea are now scared.
I would think they are angry and even more determined.

Asassination isnt the answer IMO.

Q [ rest easy eg8r. Europe is a much easier target for terrorists than the US.]

Cueless Joey
03-26-2004, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> OMG.

You are joking. Please tell me you are.

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

You think people who are prepared to blow themselves up for an idea are now scared.

<hr /></blockquote>
Peace talks don't work either.
You try to deal with those people then tell us.
Deal with a group of people who whose 75% of them cannot read their own bible and believe whatever the higher authority says.
Yeah, blow yourself up so you can go to heaven.

nhp
03-26-2004, 11:11 AM
eg8r, you are a fine example of the placebo effect.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-26-2004, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> eg8r, you are a fine example of the placebo effect. <hr /></blockquote>

Libya and Iran have both retracted their claws in the wake of the Iraq invasion. Do you think this is a coincidence?

Iowashark
03-26-2004, 11:31 AM
No eg8r, I do not feel safer now that Saddam's been caught. But I did not feel all that safe before he was caught either. With terrorist activity as high as it is now, as it was before we caught Saddam, and even before we invaded Iraq, I don't think anyone anywhere should feel safe until Al-Qaida is brought down.

But to add on to my note of not feeling safer now...I would be outright scared if Kerry were in office.

eg8r
03-26-2004, 12:29 PM
The facts are there, he is just choosing to ignore them.

eg8r

Steve - Detroit
03-26-2004, 12:30 PM
According to the son, the deals that have been struck with the U.S were negotiated and finalized before the U.S invaded Iraq. He has been trying for several years to get the sanctions on Libya eased and it appears that he is succeeding. Paying reparations to the families of the Lockerbie action and surrendering the WMDís are all part of the deal.

The Libyan economy is a shambles and the son knows that the only way to boost revenue is to revitalize their oil industry. They are hoping for $10 billion in foreign investments to rebuild and modernize the infrastructure according to one source I read, and wish to double their oil output.

So who stands to benefit from this huge pot of dollars? Maybe the oil companies and the oil services companies? Can we say Halliburton? Isnít this the second country in recent history that needs the services of these companies? Now thatís a coincidence.

Maybe Iím just getting too cynical in my old age but it never ceases to amaze me just who weíll get in bed with.

Gadhafi, of all people. He has funded more terrorism around the world than anyone, including Saddam. If anyone needs to be up in front of a world court its him, and now he goes free. I donít trust that SOB any farther than I can throw his camel and believe me that ainít far.

eg8r
03-26-2004, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone anywhere should feel safe until Al-Qaida is brought down.
<hr /></blockquote> I did not state that I felt safe, but instead, I feel safer. There is a difference. With a lot of the terrorists countries rethinking some of the ways and changing for the good, it is quite a reinforcement for the good job that has been done so far.

eg8r

eg8r
03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So who stands to benefit from this huge pot of dollars? Maybe the oil companies and the oil services companies? Can we say Halliburton? Isnít this the second country in recent history that needs the services of these companies? Now thatís a coincidence.
<hr /></blockquote> Could you list how many other companies are out there that do the same job as Halliburton with respect to rebuilding and modernizing these types of oil facilities? It is not entirely about who is going to profit, but also, who else could do the work?

[ QUOTE ]
Gadhafi, of all people. He has funded more terrorism around the world than anyone, including Saddam. If anyone needs to be up in front of a world court its him, and now he goes free. I donít trust that SOB any farther than I can throw his camel and believe me that ainít far.
<hr /></blockquote> I absolutely agree, and I don't believe I could even throw a camel any distance. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigshooter
03-26-2004, 01:11 PM
<hr /></blockquote>

<hr /></blockquote>

Well by all means lets not provoke them they might do something crazy like highjack planes and crash them into some buildings or something.
Oh wait they already did that!
Whats the answer, hide our heads in the sand?
Pacify them and hope they leave us alone. (Spain)

They need to be eradicated no matter how long it takes.

Steve - Detroit
03-26-2004, 03:56 PM
eg8r,
I was picking on Halliburton for no other reason than they are a pretty easy target these days /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In reality, there are hundreds of companies that will have the opportunity to profit from the huge investments required in both Iraq and Libya. These are not just U.S. companies either, the big oils and the associated service companies are about as international a group as it gets.

nAz
03-26-2004, 04:23 PM
formidable army in top shape and they actually sold weapon to ROUGE STATE. (pakistan and i believe lybiana i do not feel any safer, i feel the same as i did on 9/10. then again i live in NYC so we get use to it sort of. I would have felt safer if we had gotten the guys that sat around in a tent in that video that said it was a great day on 9/11 whats his name? Bin forgotten?
Saddam was in check and he new it. the only real thing he had under his control is the oil and you got to be blind to think that this gov. didn't want to get there hands on it. Before anyone starts with the humanitarian reason to get rid of him you should remember that NK is a bigger threat they starve their people in order to keep their formidable army in top shape and they actually sold weapon to ROUGE STATE. (Pakistan and i believe libia)

About Palestinian terrorist that is a whole other ball game those people have been living a 3rd class life style under the Israelis occupation, of course it's going to breed sickos who think that blowing themselves and others up is the right thing to do. hmmm now that i think of it thats almost the same thing the Jews living there in the early 40s did to the British when they were trying to get rid of them, but of course that was not terrorism that was freedom fighting.

Troy
03-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Do I feel safer, as an individual ??? HELL NO !!!!!

Since I as an individual did not feel threatened, how could I as an individual now feel safer ???

Maybe you need to rephrase the question.

Troy

nhp
03-26-2004, 08:01 PM
I sure do feel safer. I've always felt Saddam was somehow behind that Bush pretzel-choking incident. I can now eat pretzels freely.

eg8r
03-26-2004, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I as an individual did not feel threatened, how could I as an individual now feel safer ???

Maybe you need to rephrase the question.
<hr /></blockquote> I don't need to rephrase my question to meet your whim. Answer it as you choose.

eg8r

eg8r
03-26-2004, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats the answer, hide our heads in the sand?
Pacify them and hope they leave us alone. (Spain)
<hr /></blockquote> Watch what you say, nhp does not think it is right to call them APPEASERS. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sure you did not say it outright, but would you have needed to? That is what the citizens of Spain have become.

eg8r

nhp
03-27-2004, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch what you say, nhp does not think it is right to call them APPEASERS. Sure you did not say it outright, but would you have needed to? That is what the citizens of Spain have become.
<hr /></blockquote>

Go pick up a recent Newsweek magazine entitled "Europe's 9/11", look through the pictures until you find the photograph of a dead woman. Next to her is a mutilated body, and in the upper right of the photograph is a decapitated head and a body.

You mock the dead, the grieving families of the dead, and those who are in mourning of a great tragedy.

This is the REAL WORLD. When bombs explode, there is carnage. You are not one of the citizens of Spain, you do not know how they feel, yet you spit on them. Of course none of this will ever change the way you think, you would have to experience something like this for yourself to feel any sympathy whatsoever.

Now make your comeback with some half-wit verbal masturbation to remind yourself that you're still the wittiest guy on the net.

OnePocketChamp
03-27-2004, 08:33 AM
This is terrible news, my personal friend suffers from the dreaded "placebo effect". I know he has suffered from a reoccurring problem with a very nasty case of veneral disease but this sounds much worse. I'am pulling for you man and hope you can somehow over come this new health problem!!!

eg8r
03-27-2004, 09:10 AM
What was this all about?????

eg8r &lt;~~~no VD's here

Sid_Vicious
03-27-2004, 09:12 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

eg8r
03-27-2004, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go pick up a recent Newsweek magazine entitled "Europe's 9/11", look through the pictures until you find the photograph of a dead woman. Next to her is a mutilated body, and in the upper right of the photograph is a decapitated head and a body.

You mock the dead, the grieving families of the dead, and those who are in mourning of a great tragedy.

This is the REAL WORLD. When bombs explode, there is carnage. You are not one of the citizens of Spain, you do not know how they feel, yet you spit on them. Of course none of this will ever change the way you think, you would have to experience something like this for yourself to feel any sympathy whatsoever.

Now make your comeback with some half-wit verbal masturbation to remind yourself that you're still the wittiest guy on the net. <hr /></blockquote> Look nhp, you can paint the picture however you would like. You can call this the Europe 9/11, I really don't care. Since you would like to make the comparison, lets compare the way the two countries reacted. The US opened up war on terrorism, we went and bombed the crap out of Ashcanistan, and then we moved right on through Iraq. Now, what did Spain do...They ran like cowards and ousted the only man with a spine, and voted in an APPEASER. The people of Spain are APPEASERS, and are acting like cowards. They voted this guy in because his platform to remove the soldiers from Iraq are what they wanted because they believe they were attacked for being allies with us. I am sorry if your head to is thick to let this common sense seep in. Do what you need to, take a look at all the blood and gore. Whatever floats your boat. However it does not change the simple fact that they dealt with their "9/11" much differently than we did. We fought, they hide.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> You run your mouth with little quotes (like the one above) with nothing to back it up. Show me one single post in which I have mocked the dead. There is a reason why I add quotes to my posts, it is so people like you know exactly what I am talking about or referring to. I would appreciate you take time to do the same instead of posting crap that you made up inbetween class.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, you are a laugh. You are comparing this to 9/11 which happened in the US, which I am a citizen of, and then state I don't know what they are feeling. I know exactly what they are feeling since I and everyone else here in America WENT THROUGH THE EXACT SAME THING (reference to terrorism, not bombs). This is the kind of stupid crap you would here on CNN. You would make an excellent news person for Al Jazeera, and I am sure they would love for you to come over and spread your optimism. The basic fact is that I and the rest of America do know what they are going through.

[ QUOTE ]
Now make your comeback with some half-wit verbal masturbation to remind yourself that you're still the wittiest guy on the net. <hr /></blockquote> Here is the intelligence that we are dealing with. This is a wonderful, well thought out idea. I am appalled you were sane enough to type it. Would you call this quote of yours "witty"?????? I am happy to say, there is not enough time in my life to deal with your "wit" so you can continue to post your gutter-talk all you want, but if you feel so inclined to use it, respect that I will not reply. When you feel like you are grown up and man enough to talk in a civilized way, I will reply. Until then, you have some time to grow up.

eg8r

nhp
03-27-2004, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am sorry if your head to is thick to let this common sense seep in. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, common sense. When you learn what it is, then come back and try me again. Hint: Common sense= Bush invaded Iraq for oil, you are an idiot, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
You run your mouth with little quotes (like the one above) with nothing to back it up. Show me one single post in which I have mocked the dead. There is a reason why I add quotes to my posts, it is so people like you know exactly what I am talking about or referring to. I would appreciate you take time to do the same instead of posting crap that you made up inbetween class.
<hr /></blockquote>

Quote? What did I quote? I wrote that myself. With nothing to back what up? Oh, I get it. You're angry, so you're letting your emotion take control of your train of thought, resulting in your babble. Either that or your taking a potent hallucinogen.

[ QUOTE ]
Show me one single post in which I have mocked the dead. <hr /></blockquote>

Ok, this last post you just wrote.
Here's how:

[ QUOTE ]
The people of Spain are APPEASERS, and are acting like cowards. <hr /></blockquote>

So, you are calling the mourning families of the victims cowards and appeasers. You are insulting the families of the dead, therefore you are also insulting the dead.

[ QUOTE ]
I know exactly what they are feeling since I and everyone else here in America WENT THROUGH THE EXACT SAME THING <hr /></blockquote>

I'm sorry, I had no idea members of your family were killed in the WTC attacks. You must have been very brave when you insulted the families of the victims who were against war. How did they react when you called them cowards? Oh, none of this is true about you? Stop running your mouth then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the intelligence that we are dealing with. This is a wonderful, well thought out idea. I am appalled you were sane enough to type it. Would you call this quote of yours "witty"?????? I am happy to say, there is not enough time in my life to deal with your "wit" so you can continue to post your gutter-talk all you want, but if you feel so inclined to use it, respect that I will not reply. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey genius, if you had half a brain you'd know that it's not gutter talk. Verbal masturbation is used as an example to the extreme of when one talks or writes something to make himself feel good about himself. Get it? It's not the same thing as....well you know. You remind me of some naive idiot sayin "oooooooh! Mommy he said a bad word!" when you have no idea what it means. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, this is gettin a little too immature for me. If you take shots at me of course I'm gonna respond in kind. When someone starts complaining about word usage when they don't know the meaning of it, it sounds like mindless bickering instead of a debate about politics.

You are gettin too hot man, cool off a while before you have a meltdown. You make topics that of course are gonna cause an argument, and once you hear the other side you go nuts. If you hate arguments, don't start them.

I say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

eg8r
03-28-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, you are calling the mourning families of the victims cowards and appeasers. You are insulting the families of the dead, therefore you are also insulting the dead.
<hr /></blockquote> Wrong again. Also, there was not a mocking tone at all. Actually it is a bit scary the way they are acting as they are giving strength to the terrorists by acting like APPEASERS.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, I had no idea members of your family were killed in the WTC attacks. <hr /></blockquote> Are you ridiculous or is this your normal nature. Do you think that every single citizen of Spain that went to the poles to vote had a family member killed in the terrorist act? C'mon, think a little before you post. It is quite obvious my posts included all the voters in Spain. They ALL (those with famiy members and others who were merely countrymen) voted out of fear.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey genius, if you had half a brain you'd know that it's not gutter talk. Verbal masturbation is used as an example to the extreme of when one talks or writes something to make himself feel good about himself. <hr /></blockquote> Exactly and they use that example of perversion on purpose, the underlying connotations are clear.

eg8r

Qtec
03-28-2004, 10:46 PM
You quoted this;
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly the most important reason why Sharon believes he can hit Hamas at the highest level of its leadership is the Israeli belief that the Palestinian radical movement is losing momentum. <hr /></blockquote>

So what do the Israelis do? They assasinate an 80 year old blind guy in a wheelchair. What do you get?
This.

[ QUOTE ]
New Hamas leader: Bush is 'enemy of Muslims'

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- New Hamas leader Abdel Aziz Rantisi delivered a fiery speech at a memorial service Sunday for his slain predecessor, blasting Israel for its Palestinian policies and calling U.S. President Bush "an enemy of Muslims."

"Bush is the enemy of God, the enemy of Islam, an enemy of Muslims," Rantisi said at Gaza's Islamic University, where thousands had gathered to remember Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who -- along with seven others -- was killed in a targeted Israeli airstrike on Monday.

He said it came as no surprise that the United States -- which he said consistently sides with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's government -- vetoed a United Nations' resolution condemning the killing of Yassin.

"America declared war against God. Sharon declared war against God and God declared war against America, Bush and Sharon," Rantisi said. "The war of God continues against them and I can see the victory coming up from the land of Palestine by the hand of Hamas."<hr /></blockquote>

Better the devil you know............etc

Q

eg8r
03-29-2004, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what do the Israelis do? They assasinate an 80 year old blind guy in a wheelchair. What do you get?
<hr /></blockquote> Could this 80 year old speak? Did the people follow him? Was he still in control? He has been in his wheelchair almost his entire life, that never obstructed him from commanding the terrorists to do what he said, so why should it be an issue with you right now?

As far as the new guy stepping up, wasn't that a given? A new guy would have to replace the old guy, and surely when he replaced the old guy, he would be pissed at Israel, so I don't quite think anything so far has been unexpected.

Here is one point that I think is interesting... [ QUOTE ]
"Bush is the enemy of God, the enemy of Islam, an enemy of Muslims," <hr /></blockquote> If we were allowed to profile, then this statement could be true, however since the government is not allowed to profile, Bush is only the enemy of Terrorism (and Saddam). I would think the Muslims around the world who are not part of the terrorist organizations would stand up and speak for themselves. This fool is trying to lump all the muslims of the world into his little brainwashed clan of killers.

eg8r

Steve - Detroit
03-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Quote eg8r:

"This fool is trying to lump all the muslims of the world into his little brainwashed clan of killers."

Don't most Americans lump all terrorists into one little clan of killers, regardless of the group's agenda?

Qtec
03-29-2004, 06:34 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like it.

Q

Kato
03-29-2004, 06:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> So what do the Israelis do? They assasinate an 80 year old blind guy in a wheelchair. <hr /></blockquote>

Come on Q, this is a guy that allows people to strap bombs to their bodies or load their cars with dynamite and walk or drive into public places, do you expect the Israelis to ask him to dinner? We're not talking about people killing leaders and politicians, we're talking about the innocent here. I don't have a problem with the reaction.

As for the next guy, try something new. Try talking.

Kato

Kato
03-29-2004, 06:42 PM
The answer to the question is neither yes nor no. I have never been afraid to die in a terrorist attack, my mind doesn't work like that. Am I afraid of my country being bitten by a terrorist, yes. More than before? Nah.

Besides, we've got Homeland Security, that'll protect me...............whatever.

Kato

Qtec
03-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Its a fact that the majority of Spanish voters were against Spain joining the US and GB in the war against Iraq.
The Spansh PM took it apon himself to commit Spain to the war.
There has been no turn-around.

When you talk about APPEASMENT, is that the same kind of APPEASMENT that your hero[ R.Reagan] embarked apon when he did his deal with the Iranians?
Did the US APPEASE the N.Vietnamese when they withdrew from Vietnam?

Your eagerness for war and assassination astounds me.
I,ll bet you would have thought Agent Orange was a good idea. LOL

[What kind of mentality came up with that idea I dont know.Its the dumbest and most disgusting thing I have ever heard of.]

The fact is eg8r, there is more chance of you being killed by your own lawnmower than being the victim of a terrorist bombing, so lets try and keep it real.

You are a lot safer in FL than in Baghdad.

Q

Qtec
03-29-2004, 07:12 PM
The difference is Kato, we dont have to behave like the terrorists do.
If we employ the same tactics we are just as wrong as they are.

If the guy is enciting violence, arrest him. Put him in jail.
Once we throw away the rule of law.....what then?

My other point was this.
The old guy probably would have died pretty soon.
The assassination is not a solution: its a provocation!

Sharon doesnt want peace.

Q

Kato
03-29-2004, 10:33 PM
As you've now seen Q there's immediately someone just as crazy behind him. Fight fire with fire, that's the only way. Guy walks into a church with a bomb strapped to his chest and kills 100 people, who do you arrest? The dead terrorist? You strike at the leaders. Either way, the leaders are martyrs and more follow. Genocide in the name of what ever god they follow. You can argue the terrorist side if you want but you will not convince me your way or their way is right.

Sorry Q, I can't see your side on this one.

Kato

eg8r
03-30-2004, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides, we've got Homeland Security, that'll protect me...............whatever. <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeah, I don't think Homeland Security is any different than what was already in place.

eg8r

eg8r
03-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Yeah, Q says to arrest the terrorist. Tell me that is not ludicrous. Then Q will be on the board talking about how we keep people in prison who really should not be there. His example would be Yassin, he was never the homicide bomber, so he should be let free. Q might also defend this position because what else do the Palestinians have to live for, they are poor and desperate. These are all the same poor reasons he has given before as atonement for the homicide bombers.

The sad thing, is that Israel did arrest him however they let him go in a trade to free some of their own people.

eg8r

eg8r
03-30-2004, 07:13 AM
Do they? Does that make it right? Does your view of how Americans lump terrorists into groups, satisfy or set the hearts of the innocent muslims at ease?

eg8r

eg8r
03-30-2004, 07:13 AM
I knew you would, it is your style. Sad but true.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
03-30-2004, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Yeah, Q says to arrest the terrorist. Tell me that is not ludicrous.....<hr /></blockquote>

aka the Clinton Doctrine /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Clinton:</font><hr>"I couldn't arrest Bin Laden since we didn't have the legal autority. I tried to get the Saudis to take him but they didn't want him." <hr /></blockquote>
======================================

What made me sick was the news media kept showing that old guy being pushed around in his wheelchair looking harmless and pathetic. Then to top it off they referred to him as a "cleric" . That's your "conservative" media for you /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
03-30-2004, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its a fact that the majority of Spanish voters were against Spain joining the US and GB in the war against Iraq.
The Spansh PM took it apon himself to commit Spain to the war.
There has been no turn-around.
<hr /></blockquote> It is a fact that the Spanish voted this way because they were afraid the terrorists would do it again. They APPEASED the terrorists by bringing in a spineless leader.

[ QUOTE ]
When you talk about APPEASMENT, is that the same kind of APPEASMENT that your hero[ R.Reagan] embarked apon when he did his deal with the Iranians?
Did the US APPEASE the N.Vietnamese when they withdrew from Vietnam?
<hr /></blockquote> I don't think the deal with the Iranians was because we were afraid of them coming here and bombing us. Stick with the topic and all the relevant subject matter included and you will not stray. Same thing with Vietnam. If your comparisons held any weight whatsoever, and even resembled some type of real comparison to what happened in Spain, then the Iranians and Vietnamese would have had to bomb us here on our own soil. That did not happen.

If you would really like to put forth an honest effort in comparing our actions after a terrorist attack, then go no further than 9/11. Why do you purposely ignore the closest comparison, and then compare the reaction? At least nhp has the common sense to use 9/11 as the comparison.

[ QUOTE ]
Your eagerness for war and assassination astounds me.
I,ll bet you would have thought Agent Orange was a good idea. LOL
<hr /></blockquote> This is not about going to war or about assassination, it is about standing up for your country when you have been terrorized. Reacting in a pro-active manner in an effort to remove the terrorists from the earth so they will not attempt terrorism again. You might call it Cause and Corrective Action. If that is too tough for you to understand just ask, I will be glad to clarify it. Are you clouded to even comprehend the subject matter of this thread?

[ QUOTE ]
The fact is eg8r, there is more chance of you being killed by your own lawnmower than being the victim of a terrorist bombing, so lets try and keep it real. <hr /></blockquote> Given the current subject matter (which is why the thread is here and you are straying) go tell that to the Spanish. Sure we are further away, however the Spanish were not bombed by the Al Qaeda in Ashcanistan, but probably by a cell much closer. Same thing could happen here. You keep implying that we are so far away and it won't happen here, well go back and take a look at how secure we felt on 9/10 (believe the same crap of yours I just quoted), and how vulnerable we felt on 9/11 (and now believing what I quote of you, as actually being crap and no longer the truth anymore). You don't want to keep it real, as your are obviously ignoring the reality in the quote above.

eg8r

Qtec
03-30-2004, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fight fire with fire, that's the only way <hr /></blockquote>

The best way to fight fire is with water. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Didnt Ghandi force the British to quit India without firing a single bullet?

If the Palestinian problem could be solved it would be a major blow for Al Quaeda. That would really take the wind out their sails.
Problem is, the extremists on both sides are dictating events and its not helping.
Maybe if Sharon gets indited for coruption someone more reasonable will appear.

Q

eg8r
03-30-2004, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Didnt Ghandi force the British to quit India without firing a single bullet?
<hr /></blockquote> There is your one example. Would you like to hear the endless examples of force being the only effective means???? A quick one would be Nazi Germany. Should the world have sat around and waited for Hitler to come to his senses and just stop killing? Maybe Ghandi should have been sent it to discuss ways to end the Nazi regime. I am sure Hitler would have loved to speak with him.

eg8r

Qtec
03-30-2004, 10:05 AM
All I said was there are other options.

Are you seriously comparing Hiter with Hammas?

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
03-30-2004, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
Are you seriously comparing Hiter with Hammas?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Hamas

Saddam

Al-Quaida

take your pick.

eg8r
03-30-2004, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you seriously comparing Hiter with Hammas? <hr /></blockquote> I did not make any comparisons...go back and read what the words say. Did I ask you if you were comparing the British to Hammas? C'mon is your comprehension that bad, or are you trying to put words in my mouth (so to say)? I offered another option and was just as specific as you were.

eg8r

Kato
03-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Try this out Q. You and your family are sitting in a resturaunt, church, shopping mall ect having a chat and a 15 year old kid comes and blows up your family but you miraculously survive. Tell me now.........prison or death? If you pick prison then you're obviously a better person than I.

Kato

Iowashark
03-30-2004, 04:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Try this out Q. You and your family are sitting in a resturaunt, church, shopping mall ect having a chat and a 15 year old kid comes and blows up your family but you miraculously survive. Tell me now.........prison or death? If you pick prison then you're obviously a better person than I.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Does he get the in-laws, too? Hmmm, that's a toughy. I'll have to get back to you on that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j/k of course

KevinT
03-30-2004, 08:18 PM
We are not any safer. All Saddam cared about was keeping power, and he probably knew the minute he made one wrong move he would be history, either by the US or the surrounding Arab nations that despise him. He may be evil, but I don't think he is stupid. The world is better without him in power, however.