PDA

View Full Version : 7-Ball on ESPN 2 Last Night

daviddjmp
03-26-2004, 09:46 AM
I watched the finals last night (thanks for the tip, 9-Ball Girl) and it looks like they found a game/format that goes really fast and keeps fans interested. It looks to me as the rack was designed specifically to pocket as many balls on the break as possible, leaving very few to run out. The single-safety and BIH after any miss rules add to the quickness of the game, as one mistake can easily hand the game to your opponent. The format also maximizes the chance that the players will end in a tie, leaving a single game to determine the winner. I also liked the spin-demo cueball they used. Although I would rather see Johnny Archer play a straight pool match to 150, but I am glad to see three hours of 7-ball than 0 hours of straight pool.

9 Ball Girl
03-26-2004, 10:39 AM
You're welcome! Did you see the match between Danny Harriman and Thosten Hohmann (sp?) where Danny broke and made 6 balls in on the break! It was awesome! He left himself a cut or bank shot on the 7 and he opted for the cut shot (I would've played it the same way too /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

Wendy<---wondering why Rich didn't have his camera with him! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviddjmp
03-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Actually I missed the first few minutes of the first hour. I would always opt for a very thin cut rather than a bank myself. If a cut is less than 90 degrees, I will shoot that rather than a bank, unless the bank is perfectly natural. Thanks again!

stickman
03-27-2004, 12:23 AM
That was AWSOME! I had worked all day putting out my garden. I ate something and set down to watch the matches. I fell aspleep before the next match, and woke up at 12:00, just in time for bed. I thought Danny might win. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
03-27-2004, 08:21 AM
I think I'm going to have to check out that 7-ball sometime. I sounds interesting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif