PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Ann Rogers!

9 Ball Girl
03-26-2004, 12:36 PM
9-0 victory over Ewa Laurence! Way to go, huh!

Here (http://azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=1698)

recoveryjones
03-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Just goes to show you that on any given day,a higher ranked player can be beaten by a lower ranked player and all players are to be respected.

When a lesser ranked player gets into a zone it can be shocking and have an effect on a higher ranked player to the point where their shooting detriorates.Also I'm sure she had the odd lucky roll which usually is the case when someone wins 9-0.

At my local pool hall I'm ranked a B+, however I've beaten every A and A+ (straight up)a few times for cash when I'm in the zone.Although it happens occasionally (mostly pro level)rarely have I seen two people in the same match in the zone at the same time.Usually if you BRING IT, they tighten up, especially at the amatuer level.

Don't you just love it when the underdog brings it?Way to go Leslie Ann!

bigshooter
03-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Holy Cow! 9-0
Was she shooting that good or was Ewa shooting that bad
or both?
Thats pretty incredible! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OnePocketChamp
03-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the update on one of our Texas stars, she lives here in the DFW area and has come out to sub on our team at Clicks in Arlington on Tuesday nights four or five times. The guys hate to see here come in the door because they know she will be playing on our team and since we have been in 1st Place for the last four leagues, everyone wants to see us go down. She is a great player and very nice in person, I hope this is going to be her break through year on the tour.

Nostroke
03-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Ikumi Ushiroda had Ewa 6-0 in her next match too before she staged a too little too late comeback losing 9-6 or so

pooltchr
03-29-2004, 07:41 AM
I don't know Leslie personally, but her husband is a BCA Master level instructor who works with RandyG at his school in Dallas. With all that talent in one household, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. From what I hear, she could find herself in the touring pro ranks very quickly. Knocking off the newest "Hall of Famer" is a great accomplishment in anyone's book.
Congratulations!