PDA

View Full Version : What's the first thing you read?

Wally_in_Cincy
03-26-2004, 03:08 PM
I received my new Inside Pool mag yesterday and of course went straight to Keith McCready's column. That got me thinking, what's the first thing you read?

Pool and Billiard....Phil Cappelle's column

Inside Pool....Keith McCready's column

Billiards Digest....George Fels' column and then Mike Shamos "Chronicles"

sorry if this is stupid. Everybody's at VF and I'm bored.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Wally,

I stopped reading P&B after the Johnson City stories. The mag seemed too industry oriented. Not bad tournament coverage but still not enough.

BD.. always GF articles 1st, after that.. tournament coverages.. then the tips from the pros.

InsidePool. Always my articles first, then Keith's.. Then the great tournament coverages.

KGeeED
03-26-2004, 04:18 PM
I don't get any magazines anymore. About 15 years ago I signed up for a 5 year subscription to a pool magazine. Got one issue and then it went out of business. Did not get my money back. I am not sure but I think the name was On The Snap or Snap. A bad experience that does not represent all magazines. Now I feel that I can learn more from watching ESPN and listening to Mitch Laurance/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gifLOL

Ralph S.
03-26-2004, 06:45 PM
I subscribe to two magazines, Inside Pool and Billiards Digest. As for what I always read first in each is as follows:

BD-George Fels' article
IP-Keith McCready's article

Wally_in_Cincy
03-29-2004, 07:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Wally,

I stopped reading P&amp;B after the Johnson City stories. The mag seemed too industry oriented. Not bad tournament coverage but still not enough. <hr /></blockquote>

P &amp; B has been incredibly lame recently but they say they're going to do more "Legends of the Road" articles soon beginning with Larry Lisciotti.

Barbara
03-29-2004, 01:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>That got me thinking, what's the first thing you read? <hr /></blockquote>

Anything you write, Wally. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara~~~not just some broad...

cueman1973
03-30-2004, 12:23 AM
definitely George Fels first

04-24-2004, 09:45 AM
I'll give you guys, oh, five or ten years to cut out all this flattery stuff...GF

Harold Acosta
04-24-2004, 05:41 PM
GF, don't ever think about retiring! Your column is the first one I read when I get my BD magazine, a month later than everyone else in the U.S.

The next thing I read is the Yesteryear column, Mail Bag, and maybe the Mike Panozzo column. After that, I just look at the ads.

stlshooter
04-26-2004, 04:22 AM
George, I always read your piece first because you come across with sincere passion that makes for interesting and entertaining reading. Fel's fan, Mark Wilson

Chris Cass
04-26-2004, 06:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>

Barbara~~~not just some broad... <hr /></blockquote>

You are Some woman but even better, your a great buddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

catscradle
04-27-2004, 07:31 AM
I find that in fact I hardly read anything in them. I've one subscription left (P&amp;B) and I'm just going to let that run out. I find the instructional articles to brief to be of any help and the tournament reports to abstract to really picture the action. All I really get out of them are who finished where in which tournament and the points standings. I think I can find that online.