PDA

View Full Version : Treating tips

silver2k
03-27-2004, 01:34 PM
I have a moori hard(quick) that i am going to get installed on my predator shaft.

I read somewhere that people treat some tips before they install them. I think I read people soak them in orange juice, or some other concoction.

Could somebody please tell me what I can soak it in?

I like very hard tips. I play a decent game with my J&J jump/break which has a phenolic tip. I have a moori hard on my other cue, and I think it could be a little harder.

Troy
03-27-2004, 03:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silver2k:</font><hr> I have a moori hard(quick) that i am going to get installed on my predator shaft.

I read somewhere that people treat some tips before they install them. I think I read people soak them in orange juice, or some other concoction.

Could somebody please tell me what I can soak it in?

I like very hard tips. I play a decent game with my J&amp;J jump/break which has a phenolic tip. I have a moori hard on my other cue, and I think it could be a little harder. <hr /></blockquote>
I would NEVER soak a layered tip in anything !!!
The result could be a softening of the layer adhesive.

Troy

SpiderMan
03-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Gotta agree with Troy there, don't ruin an expensive tip. If you want something hard as a rock, they're out there to buy. A brown WB comes to mind, even Sid thinks they're too hard for anything but a break cue. After some break-in, re-shape and trim it to about a 0.100 sidewall height for a super hard feel.

SpiderMan