PDA

View Full Version : Wraps

AnimalChin
03-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Okay, I tried the Magic Eraser on my shaft, and it did work great. But I just had to press my luck. Lately, especially during practice sessions, I've noticed my linen wrap getting damp, sticky and funky like a wet sock. I thought just maybe, if I went over it *lightly* with the eraser, it might clean it up a little. I know, I know, I read all through the archives and talked to people and everyone said not to mess with it. As you might have guessed, it left my wrap feeling like a wad of kite string. So now all day I have been going over it with wax paper, then a cloth. This seems to be bringing it back to it's original feel. But with all this time to think about wraps, I was wondering what the folks on here preferred and why. I like the feel of a new linen wrap, but if that feeling is only going to last a month, I might try leather in the future or no wrap at all. Besides washing my hands and keeping them dry (which I try really hard to do already), what can I do to extend the life of my wrap and keep it clean?

AnimalChin
03-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Wasn't thinking...checked the archive. Problem solved. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif