View Full Version : Snooker, pool, other good stuff on internet
03-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Someone has already posted this link, but I think it's worth putting up again: go to http://www.cntb.y365.com/ , and click on the Skysports logo. Just watched Marco Fu vs. Steve Davis (Premier League snooker). Fu had a 140+ frame. Skysports also broadcasts pool, rugby, soccer, etc.
03-27-2004, 10:01 PM
I hate to seem like a dope, but how do you make it work.
03-28-2004, 05:47 AM
My fault, Popcorn; I should have given fuller instructions.
(1) Click on http://www.cntb.y365.com/ .
(2) Click on the small green box that contains red Chinese characters and a red animated heart.
(3) Click on the small blue button that contains the word "more." (This button is located about halfway down the screen.)
(4) Scroll through the display of logos to the one labelled "starsports" and click on that logo.
(5) A sort of animated TV screen is displayed. Wait for the program to appear on this screen (you may have to wait a minute or two for the program to begin.) To get a full-screen display, which is what you will want, click on the button that has an image of overlapping boxes on its face. To get out of full-screen mode, press the Esc button on your keypad.
03-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Has anyone found a program schedule, so we can know when they will be showing pool, etc.?
03-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Well, I found this site http://www.espnstar.com/jsp/cda/sportsonair/tvtimes_legacy.html I don't know what country this is coming from though, so I don't know which to choose.
03-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Easier still- click on that link, then click on home (lower left) then click on online TV at top, then look for the Star Sports and or Espn 2 logo-click on it. Wait a minute- its been slow lately, but once it starts its fine.
Fortunately, somehere something went wrong and you do not get the message "what do you want to use to open this file?" - God i want to shoot myself and Bill Gates when i get that message. If you get it like three times in a week, you just have to buy a new computer.
03-28-2004, 04:44 PM
I think you found what we need. The programming that's running this afternoon seems to be the programming listed for CHINA, ALL SPORTS, STAR SPORTS, 29 MARCH-30 MARCH. The times listed in the schedule are Hong Kong times. EST = HK -13 hours, so Higgins vs. Hunter (snooker), which is scheduled for 0900 Monday, Hong Kong time, will be shown tonight (Sunday) at 2200 EST.
At least that's my guess...
03-28-2004, 04:55 PM
No wonder you're confused. I wrote "Skysports" in error; I meant to write "Star Sports." Dammit. AS
03-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Davis vs. Fu started a few minutes ago and will run for 2 hr. AS
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.