PDA

View Full Version : what did YOU do at Valley Forge...

haywood
03-28-2004, 02:33 AM
here's a list of the things that I did at Valley Forge...
1. I lurked....sorry, but I felt since I was new to this forum that I should attend unannounced...lol.....actually, I didn't know for sure that I was going to be able to attend until the day I got there.....I wish I would have known a few poeple before hand so I could have said hello without them getting all freaked out...
2. I saw some VERY intense action.....I knew the second that I walked into the motel and saw Jose Parica checking in that it as going to be a good time. Not to mention watching the practice table action and seeing Cory Deuel play 6 or 7 games ond only shoot 4 balls....unreal how the relatively unknown people can come out of nowhere and mop the table with good players....How was I to know that betting 20 on the racker (Corey) would be a losing proposition???
3. I placed an order for a new custom cue and case. It's amazing what being in an atmosphere such as Valley Forge will cause a person to think is the norm. Seeing all of the custom cues floating around seems to foster the "I gotta keep up with th Jones'" line of thinking. In all seriousness though, I had already planned on making an order a reality if I made it to the show. Hitting only 1 ball with an Omen sneaky-pete cue sealed the deal for me. And sitting and talking with Jack Justis for 20 minutes sewed that deal up. If nothing else, in about 5 months I'll be able to scare a few folks into thinking that I know what I am doing on a pool table. : )
4. I saw the best players the world has to offer. There was just something about sitting 5 feet from Johnny Archer, Jimmy Wetch, Rodney Morris, and Rob Baez and watching them duke it out on 2 different tables on either side of me that just turned my crank. TK from FLA looked like he was stroking the ball really well too. Actually, just watching action where if a person missed one time, they may not get to shoot again for 30 minutes or so just blew me away. By the way, mark my word, I think Frankie Hernandez (I believe that was his name) will be the next big thing in the pool world. Just something about the way he handled himself said that he was the genuine article.
That's my list....what did everyone else do up there????

Rich R.
03-28-2004, 06:57 AM
Haywood, you should have let joined in with us. We were all spread out and doing a bunch of things; having fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
We were all strangers at one time, but we have become friends.
Remember, you only meet a stranger once, after that, they are no longer a stranger. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course, some of us are still a little strange. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Next time, try to find someone and introduce yourself. You won't regret it.

From your post, it sounds like you have returned home, but, if I am wrong, and you are still here, look us up. Dr. D's booth would be a good place to start and she can point you in the right direction from there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
03-28-2004, 12:36 PM
You can keep an eye on Frankie and Robby Saez at AZ Billiards website. Check the "Players" category to see their finishes in the current and past years.

Robby has made tremendous improvements in the past years and should be a force to reckon with in the Northeast and East Coast area....

I hope you also got a chance to see Jose Garcia in action. He just placed 4th in Valley Forge, playing undefeated until the last 8, but falling to Ralf Souquet 10-9, and then to Johnny Archer in loser's bracket. Parica is currently waiting for the outcome of Souquet-Archer for the Finals.

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Rich R.
03-29-2004, 04:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> I hope you also got a chance to see Jose Garcia in action. He just placed 4th in Valley Forge, playing undefeated until the last 8, but falling to Ralf Souquet 10-9, and then to Johnny Archer in loser's bracket. Parica is currently waiting for the outcome of Souquet-Archer for the Finals. <hr /></blockquote>
Harold, Jose was a very impressive player. Unfortunately, he could not get a break against Archer, who kept him away from the table, most of the time. As you know, you can not win a match, if you are not at the table.

DennyS
03-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Besides having a great time , I worked @ the StrokeTrainer/Quick Clean Booth. When not at the booth I was able to meet and chat with alot of old friends and meet alot of new ones. I will relish those moments.

Scott Lee
03-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Chris Cass, Spike, and I arrived in VF late Wednesday afternoon (after driving in from Chicago Tuesday night...and met Gayle from MD. Gayle and I played a few hours of pool at Houseman's room in Downingtown! Chris and Christ stayed plenty busy for the entire weekend, whether it was tournament play, or booking action. Father and son were constantly in action almost until the moment we left VF, at 7pm Sunday night. A couple of days, the boys each spent more than 15 hours on the pool tables! Whew!

I spent much of the time working in the Stealth booth (which was right next to Denny Stewart and the Stroketrainer booth). Both booths saw lots of action over the weekend. I'll be working the Stealth booth again this week in Las Vegas, along with stopping in to visit and work with my cue sponsor, Samsara Cues. I also got to see some of the trick shot matches and the pro matches. Lots of great parties, but the best are always the Inside Pool parties! Thanks J.R., Sally, and all the crew! All in all, it was a fun time had by all! The only people I missed seeing, were Carol and Wendy. Sorry to have missed you both!

Scott Lee

Barbara
03-29-2004, 01:01 PM
I ran 9 tournaments. Did a 256-player chart by hand, too. And that's the last time that's going to happen.

Two words. Tournament Software.

Barbara~~~babbling somewhat more coherently today...

Chris in NC
03-29-2004, 01:46 PM
We got there late Thursday night and left Sunday around noon. I spent a fair amoung of time checking out the cues at all the booths before finally purchasing two very nice ones.

Some time was spent in the pro arena watching the pros play - but I found that almost depressing to see how GOOD those guys play! However, they don't always play great. Keith McReady never came close to getting in stroke in his match on Friday, as did Luc Salvas - who couldn't seem to make a ball against Troy Frank. I hear that Salvas played lights out winning 4-5 straight matches on Saturday before falling to Garcia Saturday night. I was quite impressed with two young players - Binion and Saez.

The action downstairs is always great and I easily spent the majority of my time down there - either as a spectator or as a participant. Many obviously prefer this to watching the pros. I found it a good idea to play very late at night into the morning (2am-10am) when there are less players. Only then are the waits at the tables short enough that if you lose you only have to wait a game or two to get back on. Also, a better chance you can match up head-to-head with someone and play some sets. You sure can't beat the quarter per game charge!

Problem was my system just wasn't used to staying up all night and trying to catch some sleep during the afternoon, so by Saturday I was wiped out. This forced me to cut short the late Saturday night action so I could get a much needed night's sleep before our long drive back on Sunday.

This is a great can't miss event for all pool players for many, many reasons. There's just nothing quite like being around a bunch of pool nuts. - Chris in NC

Barbara
03-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Okay, sarcasm aside, here's what I did at the Expo.

Got there Wednesday night and hooked up with the tournament crew. Found out that we're doing the charts by hand again this year. And this will be the last time, too. Pete and I are going to do some research on tournament software, Mr Ingrate's being the first to come to mind.

Thursday we started at 9 am and I got to meet the usual CCB suspects. dg-in-central-pa stopped by to pay off his bet with me and added some bonuses to it! I drank the bonuses at the staff party Sunday night and shared the chocolate with the tournament staff. Eric still owes me because he left early Sunday afternoon and there is no drinking while running a chart. Too many things can go wrong. Rich and Cathy also stopped by with more chocolate which was very much appreciated. It's nice to have a sweet munch that also gives you a little energy boost - thanks you two!

Actually got done by midnight Thursday night since the extra day cut out the 11 pm matches we usually held. The extra day is now worth it for me.

On Friday we started the other 4 tournaments. At 4:30, I was tasked with drawing a 256-player Second Chance chart to go off at 7 pm. Another staffer and I went up to a room to do this. We had two hours to do this. Now, you would think that that would be plenty of time, but the f*ck-up fairy decided to visit us and there were a few problems. The numbered discs we use to do the draw had to be sorted out to take out the byes and the chart had to be manually numbered. Why this wasn't done beforehand, I'll never know. This wasted a whole hour and now I am starting to get tense. Then, out of sheer stupidity I wrote down the same draw number twice and missed writing down another draw munber. After two hours of trying to figure out who went where, I ended up leaving out a player, but he ended up being very nice about it. So to all of you players that had to wait for the Second Chance chart, I apologize profusely for the delay. This will not happen again. And since this is the first time we ever did something like this, we will be more prepared next year. By 9 pm the TD told me to leave since I was mentally burnt out. I actually got to bed by 11.

Saturday and Sunday went much better since the extra day got us two rounds ahead then we usually are on Saturday. I met lots of new faces even though I cannot remember right now just all who did come up to me. Sorry, but I am still exhausted and running on fumes.

The staff party was a blast! I actually made it til 11 pm and then had to call it quits. Carol and I hooked up as partners and whipped up on Allen Hopkins and whomever he was playing with. That was fun!! Also played with the husband of another staffer and found out what a nice person he is after all this time because I already knew what a great player he is.

But I'd have to say that the best part of the whole time was seeing Chris Cass and Spike again and finally getting CC to meet my Cueman, Barry Szamboti. Barry introduced him to a couple of his Dads friends and chatted with CC while I scrambled to get back to the desk. That was really the best. It was hard to say goodbye to them and I hope they and Scott Lee got back safe and sound. I look forward to seeing them and Heide next year.

Another good thing that happened this year was no smoking on the upper level. Man, did that help a bunch!

So that's all I can think of now. I hope everyone had a wonderful time and will come back again.

Barbara~~~one tired puppy...

Eric.
03-29-2004, 04:01 PM
And then, one time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, in a nutshell, I met some friends, new and old. Bought some supplies, played Pool, browsed the cues.

Eric

Eric.
03-29-2004, 04:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> And then, one time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, in a nutshell, I met some friends, new and old. Bought some supplies, played Pool, browsed the cues.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Alright, that sounded boring, here's a story, kiddies:

So it was Saturday night and the downstairs tables (not the ring game tables) are were closed off and open all night. You pay $10 to go in and play til morning. So, I'm playing at a table with a couple of friends waiting to find some action. Another friend eventually walks by an sez "Got some action on the table in the corner, stop by." Looks like he wasn't playing but decided to be a backer to one Bobby Pickle. In case you don't know Bobby Pickle, heres a something about him, written by Fred-

http://www.playpool.com/article.php?sid=145&amp;mode=thread&amp;order=0&amp;thold=0

I mentioned that story because it's relevant to this story. So anyway, my buddy is backing Pickle for 1G, race to 9, even, on a Diamond Barbox. My buddy knows Pickle's fish, but doesn't see it as easy money like Pickle does but sez WTF because it's gonna be played on a barbox and anything can happen. Oh, did I mention that Pickle made the game with Troy Frank?! O.k., stay with me.

So the first set goes off a little quiet with both player getting out when they are supposed to and nobody putting together any big runs. Pickle is stroking well and has his usual confident/cocky attitude on. At one point, Troy is racking(they were playing rack your own) and fiddling with the balls. Eventually, Bobby sez "Troy, just break the balls", Troy mentions in a quiet voice "I just want to get a good rack. See? these 2 balls won't stay put." Troy finally gets the rack right and the match goes on.

Everything went neck n neck with neither person getting more that 1 game ahead. Bobby is talking at Troy, although nothing too crazy as there wasn't a crowd around. Finally, at 7-7, Pickle puts on a small charge and in the last rack, capitalized on a mistake by Troy to close out the set.

Pickle 1, Troy-0.

I can see Troy is slightly pissed and turning slightly red. He sez nothing and steps up with a quarter, then flips. Pickle loses the toss, Troy breaking. This is where things pick up. Troy being the barbox champion that he is, racks the balls and breaks. He makes 1-2 balls and runs out. Troy racks, he makes a ball or two and runs out. Now his break is really clicking. So much so that he breaks and runs out the next 3 racks too. By this time, Troy ran off a 5 pack and Pickle hasn't been to the table yet. Troy breaks the sixth rack, makes a ball. He runs 1 or 2 and plays a jam up safe. Pickle goes 3 rails and make as a nice hit, but leaves a shot. Troy runs out. Then breaks and runs another. Now it's 7-0 Troy and Bobby has taken 1 shot(a kick). in rack 8, Troy breaks, makes a ball and runs 1-2 before playing safe. Both players trade safes a couple of times before Troy makes a table length 2 rail kick, kicks the 3 into the corner pocket and runs out. Troy racks, breaks 2 in, runs out rack 9. Game and set. I think the set lasted about 20 minutes. In the last game, Pickle sez to his backer, "I think we should go out(to the ring game tables) and find some easier action."

You can say that again.

Eric

Fred Agnir
03-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Okay, here's what I did::

Saw the usual CCBoard suspects, but unfortunately really couldn't make it to the predesignated meeting place. Prior commitments and such.

Played the Amateur Event and lost in the third round, reminding myself of how amateur an amateur can be. Unlike everyone else in the universe who got run over by a semi-pro player when they got knocked out, I just plain sucked in my third match, losing 5-4, 5-4. Ugh. I hate this game.

I bought only a few things:
A Brianna rack which I've been longing to buy for 6 years.
Some phenolic ferrules.
A micro-fiber Quick Clean Cloth.
A 300 clay chip set w/oak case from Muellers.

IMO, there wasn't the "have to buy item" that I normally find at VF.

I hung out with several vendors into the late morning hours at the InsidePool parties. Thanks JR, Sally, and Jeeves.

Schmoozed with Barbara's cueman.

Hugged and kissed CarolNYC and Gayle about a million times each.

Spent the last morning hours at Allen &amp; Dawn's wrap-up party.

Played Scotch doubles with JR and Sally vs. me and Allen Jr.

Screwed up a version of FreeBird, Belted out a duet with Dawn (Leather &amp; Lace), and finished a rendition of Pearl Jam's Black. Barbara and Carol, I think you missed it (my rare live performance). It might not ever happen again.

Fred

dg-in-centralpa
03-29-2004, 05:02 PM
I got to Valley Forge about 9:30 Thursday morning, checked to see what time I had to play. Since I only played at 3pm, I stopped by Dr. D's stand and chatted with her a few minutes. Then I went to find Barbara to pay off my debt. Chocolate is always good to pay to a woman. I threw a few extra special small bottles in to make the payoff better. Don't know how to describe it, but it warms you up going down and can't be bought here in the states. Powerful stuff and good!
I played my match and lost. I didn't play up to my best. I just had my taxes done the day before and I was bummed out. I did meet Chris Cass and Scott Lee and had a nice chat with them. Spike was playing so I didn't get to officially meet him. I met a few others as well throughout the weekend. Friday I went back home(an hour and a quarter away) to pick up Mrs. DG and my daughter and come back down.
Saturday we browsed the stands and watched the trick shot competition. Mrs. DG wanted to meet Stefano Pelinga for awhile. He signed autographs after the afternoon session. She was thrilled as was my daughter. I will be back again next year.

DG - drinking a bottle like I gave Barbara

Barbara
03-29-2004, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Okay, here's what I did::

Saw the usual CCBoard suspects, but unfortunately really couldn't make it to the predesignated meeting place. Prior commitments and such.

<font color="blue">This is why God created the beverage vendors in the Expo center. Chumley's is just a walk too far.</font color>

Played the Amateur Event and lost in the third round, reminding myself of how amateur an amateur can be. Unlike everyone else in the universe who got run over by a semi-pro player when they got knocked out, I just plain sucked in my third match, losing 5-4, 5-4. Ugh. I hate this game.

<font color="blue">Fred, you're a great player. Don't forget that.</font color>

I bought only a few things:
A Brianna rack which I've been longing to buy for 6 years.

<font color="blue">Already got that.</font color>

Some phenolic ferrules.
A micro-fiber Quick Clean Cloth.

<font color="blue">Jerry gave me a can of Quick Clean. I'm going to try it soon.</font color>

A 300 clay chip set w/oak case from Muellers.

<font color="blue">Should we be looking for you on TV at the next WSP????</font color>

IMO, there wasn't the "have to buy item" that I normally find at VF.

<font color="blue">But thanks for informing me, you Googan. Next year I will get a "real" cue case for my "real cue".</font color>

I hung out with several vendors into the late morning hours at the InsidePool parties. Thanks JR, Sally, and Jeeves.

Schmoozed with Barbara's cueman.

<font color="blue">That's "Mr. Cueman" to you, Fred /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. And I wish I could have been talking to youse guys AND Richard Black instead of watching youse guys yakking and joking from across the amateur arena. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif</font color>

Hugged and kissed CarolNYC and Gayle about a million times each.

<font color="blue">Hugging is always good with Carol. Kinda like that liquor that dg gave me - always warms you up!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Unfortunately, I was too busy to get a hug from Gayle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif</font color>

Spent the last morning hours at Allen &amp; Dawn's wrap-up party.

<font color="blue">Carol and I would've kick yours and Jimbo's at the party. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif And great band, too!!!</font color>

Played Scotch doubles with JR and Sally vs. me and Allen Jr.

<font color="blue">That's Allen Paul to everyone. We never call Allen JR Junior, just "Allen Paul". And we finally got Hoppy to work the Expo, too. If you saw a younger version of Allen Hopkins Sr working, it was his younger brother. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Screwed up a version of FreeBird, Belted out a duet with Dawn (Leather &amp; Lace), and finished a rendition of Pearl Jam's Black. Barbara and Carol, I think you missed it (my rare live performance). It might not ever happen again.

<font color="blue">Ooooooo, maybe it was a good thing I went to bed when I did...</font color>

Fred
<hr /></blockquote>

And I still love ya, Fred!! But I think Jimbo loves me, wants to marry me, and wants to have my children for the special order...

Barbara

Barbara
03-29-2004, 07:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I threw a few extra special small bottles in to make the payoff better. Don't know how to describe it, but it warms you up going down and can't be bought here in the states. Powerful stuff and good!

DG - drinking a bottle like I gave Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Great stuff once you get over the medicine-y type flavor!! Helped me relax aaaallllllllllll that much more in the jacuzzi Sunday night after the staff party /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

Barbara~~~smaller tub at home, but still jacuzzin'.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jimmy B
03-30-2004, 12:45 AM
OK I guess since I was laying low I can give my recap.

Barbara rocks (she knows why)

That being said I'm way to young and cute for her;-)

CC and Spike were stalking me, I couldn't turn around without seeing one or the other (never together)
Don't worry I won't tell Mom.

Rich &amp; Mrs. R were stalking me also, even when I turned on my TV in the room they were there.

I also lost in the rookie open, I'm blaming a large diner and the fact that I suck.

Jack Justis Rocks more then Barbara, but don't tell her.

Eric is bad luck (not for some I guess)

I got 15 hours of sleep and drank a whole bottle of Ultimate Black Cherry in 4 days.

Picked up a Sledge Hammer, Stealth jumper,Justis Case, and some of those crazy tips.

Jeeves is the man.

On an unrelated anti love fest note Scott Lee should be happy and do the right thing in his situation JMHO.

Best cues of the show honors go to : Jerry McWorter on his 15th year anniversary box set.

I donít know how I forgot this one butÖ I got to meet and sit and chat with Mrs. Willy Mosconi and his son and daughter for a good 45 min. She is a real nice person with a great personality and she didnít mind talking with me and sharing some old time stories.

Meeting many old friends and spending time with people I see a few times a year is always a pleasure, I'm sorry I didn't have more time for some of the people from here, next stop BCA in MAY.

Any Questions????

JB

Jimmy B
03-30-2004, 01:07 AM
I need to go sleep for 3 hours now so I can watch the Yanks kick some ass in the land of the rising sun.

JB

CarolNYC
03-30-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Barbara and Carol, I think you missed it (my rare live performance <hr /></blockquote>

OMG-FRED CAN SING-I heard the freebird-blew me and everyone else away!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-30-2004, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Carol and I hooked up as partners and whipped up on Allen Hopkins <hr /></blockquote>

And wasn't Allen playing with "such a pretty cue?"

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
03-30-2004, 04:26 AM
Arrrived late Saturday evening-found my family,then made my rounds to say hello to the rest of the staff-met Jim preacherman,Frank Glenn -SEARCHED hi and lo for CC, to no avail, then FINALLY ran into him on Sunday,didnt want to let him go, thank-you God! Was standing at Dr. D's booth when I heard a voice call my name and turned to see SPIKE- what a cutey-Spike and I walked to the predator booth and challenged Charlie -too funny- Spike starts putting his cues together and Charlie tells him he has to use the predator, well, Spike takes a few shots, but Charlie winds up winning and Spike says "I can't shoot with that predator". The whole crowd cracks up laughing-sorry Charlie, you dont get Spikes vote on the predator- LMAO!
Kept my promise to help Harold-oh, wait till Harold sees what I got for him,ha ha ha ha
Me and Wendy searched in the artistic pool arena for Scott Lee-I told Wendy we should be holding a sign like the limo drivers at the airport, but we just asked everyone "have you seen Scott Lee?"-so, sorry Scott-maybe we'll meet next time,hopefully!
Oh, Mike, (cueball1950), ha ha ha, didnt even recognize him , but was so very happy to see him-he looked so well-definite hug city!
Ken in Ct-God, always a pleasure-laughed all the time and I loved his pants!
Rich and Kathy-found them in the mens pro arena and my cell phone went off-yeah, real smart of me! ha ha ha ha
Nick and his wife-wonderful people! What a blessing!
Played pool at the staff party-partnered up with Barbara-Allen broke the 9ball in ~5 times in a row-played with my new slegehammer break/jump cue, so hammered down on the breaks dropping 3-4 balls-but then again, thats a bar table-the real test is on my table-laughed so hard with Barbara, I almost peed my pants! ha ha ha ha
Anyways, whoever I missed, HELLO and hope to see you next time!
Stay well all!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
03-30-2004, 05:56 AM
As usual, my wife and I spent most of our time in the pro arena. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I did play in the seniors tournament, or should I say I watched the other guy shoot, while I sat, in the my match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Needless to say, I didn't have to worry about a second round.

I got to say "Hi" to a lot of old friends, but I won't mention names, because I would probably forget someone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
It is always nice to see everyone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also got to meet some CCB'ers, who I had not met before. It was my pleasure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Again, I'm not listing names, for the fear of leaving someone out.

Unfortunately, from reading others posts, I missed a lot of people too. I am very sorry about that. Some I looked for, but must have missed. Others, I didn't know you where there.
Maybe next time.

I did a little shopping; very little; and a lot of browsing.

I watched some of the amateur tournaments, when I had the time.
I also stopped in and watched a session of the Artistic tournament. I have a friend, who was competing in his first Artistic tournament. Although he finished several places from the bottom, I thought that was a very good showing for his first tournament. He has not been into Artistic pool too long. Congratulations to him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We were also invited to the InsidePool party. It was amazing. Thank you J.R. and Sally. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. Hopefully, we will meet some time in the future. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-30-2004, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> The only people I missed seeing, were Carol and Wendy. Sorry to have missed you both!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>Hahahahahaha! We're sorry we missed you too. Carol and I walked into the Artistic arena, walked around the whole room while Carol asked whomever, "Do you know Scott Lee?" What a hoot! Then when I did have the chance to go and meet you on that last day (Chris told me that you were disassembling the Stealth booth), I got whisked away by the BF. There's always a next time...

Barbara
03-30-2004, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
We were also invited to the InsidePool party. It was amazing. Thank you J.R. and Sally. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

One of these Expos I'm gonna make it to that party...

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
03-30-2004, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
We were also invited to the InsidePool party. It was amazing. Thank you J.R. and Sally. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

One of these Expos I'm gonna make it to that party...

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

How do you get invited? I might make the trip next year just to hear Fred sing "Freebird"

Barbara
03-30-2004, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> How do you get invited? I might make the trip next year just to hear Fred sing "Freebird" <hr /></blockquote>

Wally,

The "Freebird" song was at the Staff party Sunday night. And as for getting invited to the IP parties, just show up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~recharging at home...

CarolNYC
03-30-2004, 02:13 PM
I went Saturday evening-very nice!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
03-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi Wally,
Hope you are well-all kidding aside, Fred CAN sing!
You were missed!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CarolNYC
03-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Forgot to mention Eydie and Bob Romano,Brady Behrman (what a sweetie) and Joe Tucker! Hi guys!

Vagabond
03-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Is Allen Paul still living in Wilmington,NC?Cheers
Vagabond

Harold Acosta
03-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Rich, I was told that Archer was making balls on the break while Jose was coming up empty. Needless to say, with a player like Archer, you cannot let this happen.

Anyway, Jose was in very good company, with the last 4 being Parica, Archer, Souquet and Jose. Any could have won the tournament but Archer was hungry for the repeat, and for "consistency." Archer has been playing a heck of a game these past couple of months.

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Barbara
03-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Carol got you every cuemaker's card and then some!! Carol wins the contest and the Puerto Rican expresso.

Like Carol needs it. Carol makes coffee nervous.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

As soon as I get the cards, you've got them!!!/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take care,

Barbara

Bob
03-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey All,

I spent my time meeting ton's of new friends. It was awesome meeting Carol, Dr. D, Ken and all the others. Barbara informed me that I should start using my name instead of Bob's but I have used it for the past 2 years I am sure most of you have figured out it was me and not Bob (who can't even turn on the computer)

I watched a lot of Bob's matches, BTW he placed 9th in the open division.

I spent several nights going to Chumley's trying to meet CCB posters. Problem being was that I had no clue on what most of you all looked like, so Dave (the bartender) and I had plenty of drinks together..lol
Bob and I did get a chance to have a few drinks with Dr. D and Ken, that was a good time.

I spent the rest of my time during the expo passing out business cards for the upcoming Midwest Open/expo. All info at www.pooltournaments.net (http://www.pooltournaments.net) More info added daily. I managed to sell the majority of the booth spaces which have been reduced to a total of 51 booths this year so that we can make more room for pool tables and more events.

Ended the evening at Sally and JR's party.

Really enjoyed meeting many of you all and I am looking forward to the next super billiards expo.

Eydie Romano

Rich R.
03-31-2004, 05:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Rich, I was told that Archer was making balls on the break while Jose was coming up empty. Needless to say, with a player like Archer, you cannot let this happen. <hr /></blockquote>
Harold, you heard correctly. It seemed like Jose could not get a lucky break at all. He fought hard to get what ever games he could get, but Archer was just doing everything right and getting some rolls along the way.

CarolNYC
03-31-2004, 07:30 AM
UGHHHHHHHHH!
Barry,Barry,Barry!
Sorry!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

CarolNYC
03-31-2004, 07:31 AM
Yep!
It'll be out to you today or tomorrow!
Carol~feel lousy,think I have jet-lag! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
03-31-2004, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> UGHHHHHHHHH!
Barry,Barry,Barry!
Sorry!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Carol,

Barry is the father and Brady is the son. Both are sweeties. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
03-31-2004, 10:28 AM
LMAO-Thanks Rich! Now I know Im whacked!
Carol~going to the rest home! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Doctor_D
03-31-2004, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> LMAO-Thanks Rich! Now I know Im whacked!
Carol~going to the rest home! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Carol:

Not until after you have had a successful Pro Billiards career.

Dr. D.

Gayle in MD
03-31-2004, 02:50 PM
Well, I am really sorry that I missed seeing Carol, /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gifand meeting Wendy /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I was happy to meet up with Fred, finally, lol. It was great to meet Eric, both really nice folks, and Chris Cass and Spike, fell for Spike, he was the highlight of the trip, and became famous in the Expo, everywhere I went people were talking about Spike, and what a great shooter he is. He is such a nice boy, and a real pleasure to be around and handsome as can be. Chris is just as great a guy as I knew he would be, and I sure hope I get to meet Heidi next time. Their terrific parenting is evident when you meet Spike.

I got to meet Barbara, finally! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif She is a buzz saw, and working like a busy bee the whole time. Everytime I went back to try to visit some with her, she was tied up. This gal puts her heart in her work!

Dr. D. had a nice booth set up, and seemed to have much interest in her Workbook.

I was able to meet the Precherman, and gee, who else, hate to leave anyone out. Scott introduced me to so many people, they got all smeared up together in my mind, LOL.

Mark from Stealth Cues is a riot, (I hope that's the right name) Thanks to me he and Scott barely escaped getting broken down in the elevator, you owe me guys!
I bought a cue, some instructional tapes, pool gloves, and jumped my first ball, thanks to Robin Dodson, she is a great teacher, jumped the ball on my second try. I had a coupon to put toward buying her jump cue, but when I had to leave early, I didn't get to get it. I was very impressed with her. She is a very nice lady, and also, very good at teaching folks how to jump the ball.

I did spend a good deal of time watching the pro shooters. Saw all of them shoot, and kept thinking how much more comfortable it is watching them from my sofa, LOL.

Scott looked after me while I was there, helped me find my way around, and included me in all his parties, LOL. It is always a pleasure to see Scott. He's got me hyped up about doing my drills, LOL.

It was all in all a fun trip, met and talked with several of the pro shooters, enjoyed seeing all the venders products, and also ran into quite a few friends from my area who were shooting in the TAP Rally in the Valley tournament.

Also, CC is one hellova shooter.

I am really sorry that I missed so many people though. It was unfortunate that I had an alergic reaction to /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifsomething, and had to leave early, but I will look forward to the open in the Fall.

I am working on a shoulder pin idea for CCBers. It is just too hard for us to find one another. Chumleys didn't turn out to be such a good idea, for one thing it was too far to walk, we should have met at The Blue Grotto, and every time I went in there (Chumleys) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.giflooking for CCBers, I missed them or they missed me, or we were there at the same time and didn't realized it. Also, wlking into a bar alone and asking, "Is anyone here from the CCB," only to have a bar full of men yell out "YEAH!" well, not such a good idea, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Looking forward to next time...
Gayle in MD
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-31-2004, 02:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I am working on a shoulder pin idea for CCBers. <hr /></blockquote>

maybe heide has some t-shirts left. they would stand out real good.

SPetty
03-31-2004, 03:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Their terrific parenting is evident when you meet Spike.<hr /></blockquote>That's exactly what I noticed and commented on when I met them. You can't have a kid that delightful without terrific parenting.

SPetty&lt;~~wasn't a delightful child...

Barbara
03-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Gayle,

It was great finally meeting you, too!! Sorry that we couldn't chat, but that's what happens when you're running a 900+ player field.

Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction and I'm glad it cleared up.

Barbara

Harold Acosta
03-31-2004, 09:35 PM
The Expresso's have been purchased and packed in boxes. Have to put your name and Carol's and visit the Post Office. Hope to do that before Friday. Will be shipped Priority Mail.

Thanks for everything!

CarolNYC
04-01-2004, 04:02 AM
From your mouth to Gods ears,Dr. D!

CarolNYC
04-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Harold,
Thank you for the offer of the coffee, but thats really unnecessary-I did it cause I WANTED to do it for you-you and Barb decide what you want to do with that /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Just to give you an idea what to expect:
90 business cards-(some vendors had no more)
Fury T-shirt
Billiards workbook Mug
EVERY magazine
Mug wrappers (keeps the can cold)
Autographed Sarah (Rousey) picture-really nice!
Keychain
Thanks for everything!
Take care!
Carol

Harold Acosta
04-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Sorry, the coffee is already packed and waiting shipping. The mobile post office was not at the Mall today, so it goes out tomorrow morning.

Harold ~ can't wait for the goodies! Thanks a bunch Carol!