PDA

View Full Version : The best thing that happened to me at Valley Forge

Paul_Mon
03-29-2004, 07:49 AM
VF was great again. The action in the basement was unreal. Some of these kids have no fear at all. I got to meet a few more CCBer's, Steve Ellis, Dr. D, Rich, Pizza Bob. But missed too many others that I know were there.

Mika's new room is awesome, about 20 minutes from VF. We (Tommy T, Pizza Bob) went there and played on the brand new GCIV's.

But the highlight of my weekend was getting a phone call from home. My son returned Saturday from his tour of duty in Iraq and was back at his barracks at Fort Drum. I'd always thought that my wedding day and the day my children were born were the happiest days of my life. I didn't expect to ever feel that happy again but this experience was the same.

Other threads can debate the rationale of our deployment of troops around the world, I won't get involved.

Let's remember that these brave women and men still need our thanks and prayers.

Paul Mon

eg8r
03-29-2004, 07:50 AM
I am happy you had a great time in VF and that your son returned home safe.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
03-29-2004, 08:05 AM
Paul,

That is excellent.

I pray for those guys...and gals.

CarolNYC
03-30-2004, 04:32 AM
I'm very, very happy for you!

[ QUOTE ]
Let's remember that these brave women and men still need our thanks and prayers.

<hr /></blockquote>
Tap! Tap! Tap!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
03-30-2004, 06:05 AM
It was very nice to meet you Paul. Unfortunately, at VF, everyone is busy going in different directions and people don't get the time to sit and talk a little. Maybe another time.

I am extremely happy, that your son returned home, safe and sound. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith Talent
03-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Paul,

Good news about your son getting back OK. Had to be an anxious time.

And thanks for another reminder that I missed out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe next year.

Barry
03-30-2004, 08:29 AM
That's one more prayer answered.

GREAT news Paul
Thank him for me

A humble supporter of all our troop,
Barry

Chris Cass
03-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Oh I'm so glad for you. I wanted to meet you Paul but couldn't get away from the action very much. I bet he's glad to get out of there alive. He done us proud and deserves to know it.

Regards,

C.C.~~hopes my son doesn't have to go to war.

Paul_Mon
03-30-2004, 07:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Oh I'm so glad for you. I wanted to meet you Paul but couldn't get away from the action very much. I bet he's glad to get out of there alive. He done us proud and deserves to know it.

Chris,
Sorry that we didn't hook up. I wanted to meet with you and your family and made a few inquires about you. Maybe DCC or the US Open

Best regards......Paul

Regards,

C.C.~~hopes my son doesn't have to go to war. <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara
03-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Paul,

Congrats to your son and your family!

The US Open could be a happening thing for me and my "Evil Sister". But we'll see. It's still early.

Barbara