PDA

View Full Version : Predator BK

UWPoolGod
03-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Anyone have a Predator BK? How do you like it? I may look into getting one but haven't decided yet.

Jay
03-29-2004, 11:36 AM
IMHO i didnt like it and I dont think that it is worth the money. This guy I know let me borrow his for a week and I let him borrow my sledgehammer. At first it was ok but the more and more I used it, the more and more I didnt like it. It is really skinny compared to my sledgehammer like the butt and the shaft taper. It seemed really weak to me. I had a little better cb control but it doesnt smash them like the sledghammer. I would recommend the Sledgehammer or Pete Ohmans Grey ghost. Cant go wrong with them

Eric.
03-30-2004, 09:30 AM
I have a BK. IMO, I like the way it breaks. It seems like I get more control with it.

From what I've seen, the 2 popular break cues are the BK and Gulyassy's Sledgehammer. I've tried both and I'm not crazy about the phenolic break tips. I don't need my break cue to help me hit harder/faster, I get plenty of speed now. I prefer to have my rock park better...

Eric

dooziexx
03-30-2004, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Anyone have a Predator BK? How do you like it? I may look into getting one but haven't decided yet. <hr /></blockquote>

UWPoolGod,
Check you pm.. I sent you a message.

tateuts
03-30-2004, 11:14 AM
I've experimented with different break cues and I'm finally happy with the results I'm getting from this set-up. A 19 ounce 60" cue made of a high quality sneaky pete with a Predator shaft and a Moori hard tip. I definitely recommend the Predator shaft for a break cue, whether it's on a BK or something else. It gives you better, more consistent cue ball control. Trust me on this one.

The longer cue is great too. I'm bridging about 14" from the cue ball and taking a very relaxed, smooth stroke. By taking a longer, smoother stroke, I get all the power I need without giving up the cue ball control.

I do not recommend a phenolic tip - it's too hard to control the cue ball with them unless your break stroke is perfect.

Chris

Cueless Joey
03-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Tate,
Predator 314's ferrules are not suited for breaking.
They will break or come loose. They are thin-walled and not threaded.
I highly recommend a melamine ferrule with a brown buffalo or triangle tip.
Different break cues work for different people.
I prefer a little shorter one with some weight in the forearm. It breaks well when a breakers wrists the cue.

tateuts
03-30-2004, 04:12 PM
I was concerned about the same thing but I haven't had one come apart yet.

Chris