PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Fisher Sighting at Valley Forge

Chris in NC
03-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Kelly Fisher, the latest in the line of former snooker world champions (5-time world champ) to try to crash the WPBA tour was at Valley Forge on Saturday learning a little bit about bar table pool on the challenge tables. I don't think there were many there who had any idea who she was, but my son spotted her immediately.

I'd say she seemed to be winning more than her share, but as anyone who has played the challenge tables at Valley Forge knows, there is no easy money - everyone there can play! It's extremely hard to keep the table more than 3-4 games before losing and getting back in line again.

She says she's been here (in the US) playing 9-ball for only 3 weeks, and has won one of the two WPBA tour qualifiers she's played in. Kelly has classic snooker form, but clearly has much to learn about the strategies of 9-ball, playing with a much thicker shaft & tip, the bigger balls, having to use more english for positioning, etc. There is no question though that she will learn it quickly.

We look forward to keeping up with her progress.

- Chris in NC

Pizza Bob
03-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Chris:

Yes, and she was also making the rounds at the various vendor booths. I was "minding the store" for Mike Capone and she came up to the booth looking for Mike. She never returned, at least not while I was there. She did go from Mike's booth to Dan Dishaw's. Wonder if she was looking for a cue sponsor? We'll be seeing more of her, I'm sure.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Chris in NC
03-29-2004, 01:24 PM
She was playing with a Meucci with a standard 314 shaft downstairs, and she told me that Predator was providing her some shafts. It seems like she would be a perfect candidate for the new Predator tapered Z shaft with the 11-1/2mm shaft/tip. That would figure to be a much easier transition for her than going to a 12 or 13 mm shaft/tip. - Chris in NC

cuechick
03-29-2004, 09:14 PM
I got to meet Kelly at the Atlanta Open, where I watched her play a few matches, she beat Gerda, and pulled out ahead of Allison, before Allison, came to life and stomped out that fire. She is a very nice woman and loves the show, Six Feet Under, I brought her up to date, as they are a season behind. She is staying with Kim Shaw for now, and will be a real force once she gets it! Which, hanging with that crew, should not take too long!