PDA

View Full Version : A blast from the past!

haywood
03-29-2004, 01:54 PM
I was sitting here reading a few posts on the CCB and had CMT playing in the background. The song "Redneck Woman" came on and I about fell out of the chair! Seems as if a singer from this area that I used to listen to all of the time when I was workinng in the bar has finally hit the big time! Gretchen Wilson used to sing in a local bar here in town 2 or 3 times a month. As a matter of fact, I even got on stage with her one night and TRIED to sing. (this was back before the karaoke craze really took hold). I'm glad to see someone I know make it big in the music business. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-29-2004, 02:01 PM
is she as hot in person as she looks on tv? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

haywood
03-29-2004, 02:56 PM
She used to be blonde and married to her guitar player back when I saw her all the time. I assume she is back to being single now since she's using her maiden name. She is definately EASY ON THE EYES!!!! You might want to check out her stuff at www.gretchenwilson.com (http://www.gretchenwilson.com) On the fact sheet there's some stories about Big O's. That wasn't the bar that I worked at, but I have been there a few times when she sang there. It was definitely a good time sorta place!