PDA

View Full Version : The Hustler on Dvd

04-27-2002, 01:26 PM
i know The Hustler is coming out on DVD June 4th but does anyuone know if it will be in color? And how bout the Color Of Money, is that available on DVD? Thanks Guys.

john bastian in pa

04-27-2002, 01:38 PM
I've seen The Color of Money DVD at Blockbuster. Comes with some pretty bad special features, if I remember correctly. Case in point - The Color of Money... in French!

- Steve

04-27-2002, 01:47 PM
I searched for the Hustler on DVD and had to settle for VHS. The only copy I could find on DVD was on E-Bay and it was an overseas copy. Everything that I could find made me believe that it is not yet available on DVD in the US.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-27-2002, 04:51 PM
If its an option to purchase the DVD in color.. I hope you get it.

Personally, I like the black and white version.. JUST LIKE I REMEMBER IT..

All the special lighting for the players around the table..

Heaven.. just heaven..

rackmup
04-27-2002, 05:00 PM
This info can be found at www.foxstore.com (http://www.foxstore.com):

The Hustler
Paul Newman / DVD / Not Rated / 1962

Expected Release Date: June 4, 2002
Order this item now and we will ship it to you as soon as it is available.

Your Price:
$15.95

It will be in black and white.

Regards,

Ken (while you're at it, order one for me)

bigalerickson
04-27-2002, 07:47 PM
I have color of money on dvd, it has zero special feature just to clear up the confusion... other than what was mentioned, it does have a french language selection.

Biggie

Rich R.
04-28-2002, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Personally, I like the black and white version.. JUST LIKE I REMEMBER IT..

All the special lighting for the players around the table..

Heaven.. just heaven..

<hr></blockquote>
I agree Tom. Black and white films should never be colorized. It ruins the artistry of black and white filming. Rich R.

04-29-2002, 09:48 AM
The first time I saw The Hustler was in the local pool room, Naponiello's attached to the bowling alley. That had to be between 65 &amp; 69. I seem to remember it started out in black &amp; white. But then most of it was in color. I don't ever remember seeing the whole movie in black &amp; white.

Cueless Joey
04-29-2002, 09:55 AM
The Hustler was in black in white. I rented the laserdisk one time and taped it. Widescreen format is the only way to watch it. If you watch it in "boxed" version, you might not see Willie Mosconi racking in the background.
If they "colorize" The Hustler, I buy it. The Hustler is a black and white classic. Ted Turner should be shot for colorizing the classic movies. Nah, he married and divorced Hanoi Jane. That's his karma. LOL

04-29-2002, 01:35 PM
Color of Money has been available for some time.
The Hustler will undoubtedly be in black and white and letterboxed. One of the extra features is supposed to be Mike Massey re-creating all the shots from the film.

Also look for Mike in "Pool Hall Junkies" - expected for end of August release. And he tells me he just finished an upcoming National geographic TV special on the physics of pool. Watch for it.