PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Talk Radio is here.....

eg8r
03-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Tomorrow is the big day. All the liberals of the world can rejoice and stand by "their man". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess all the other talk radio hosts are just sweating in the boots.

I wonder just how long it will last.

To start things off, Al Franken will be on air. He is already showing that he is completly un-imaginative with the name of his show..."The O'Franken Factor". Since he cannot come up with anything original he has chosen a name as a parody of Bill O'Reilly (whom I also do not like).

Now for the content of the show...Franken has already accepted the fact that his show will have trouble gaining listeners so he has decided to try and show off his ingenuity. You want to know what he thinks will help him out (since his actual subject matter will not be good enough)... [ QUOTE ]
"My first priority is to get sued by a right-wing jerk in order to generate interest in my new show," Mr. Franken said in a statement earlier this year.
<hr /></blockquote>

He is already admitting that his subject matter will generate little to no interest, so he needs to spark controversy. This is the only way anyone will listen to him. Here is the article (http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040329-104730-6731r.htm) . Since most of the listeners on XM will probably not be listening to liberal talk radio, we are depending on New York, Chicago and LA to keep these people going. I hope they have a large listener base so they will continue to be funded. It should be hilarious to see what they start doing when the phone calls come in and these guys have to actually answer to their far-out, nonsense.

I would like make a prediction of sorts...The liberals will be complaining about non-liberals flooding their phone lines with liberal hate speech. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I also cannot wait to see who will be the first Conservative invited as a guest. I love the one-on-one confrontations with Sean Hannity and his liberal guests, so hopefully the excitement will be on liberal radio also.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
03-30-2004, 10:05 AM
It will fail for 2 reasons:

1. They can not buttress their arguments with logic, only emotion.

2. They will not be able to tear the liberals away from FM rock and NPR

eg8r
03-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, I just hope if stays a little while. It would be interesting to see how the libs handle it if the radio gig does not take hold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

bigshooter
03-30-2004, 12:47 PM
I remember back when Al Franken was actually funny without being such a politically driven jerk.
Why do so many comedians/actors think that their opinion should be heard?
Why cant they just stick to being funny or entertainment?

A few others off the top off my head.

Rosie O'Donell - comedian turned anti gun advocate and lesbian rights advocate, Of course it was O.K. that her family's bodyguards are armed to the hilt but not for the rest of us "commoners".

Ellen - lesbian advocate (ruined her sit com because of it)
which was a hilarious show.

I put much more stock in what my average friends and neighbors have to say than these entainers that think the world needs to listen to them.

eg8r
04-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Well, I wonder what happened? Here is a quote from Matt Drudge.... [ QUOTE ]
After just two weeks on the air, Air America Radio, the fledgling liberal talk-radio network featuring Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo, appears to have encountered serious cash-flow problems.

The CHICAGO TRIBUNE is developing a story, insiders tell DRUDGE, on how the network was pulled off the air this morning in Chicago and Los Angeles, the network's second- and third-largest markets, because, the owner of both stations said, the network bounced a check and owes him more than $1 million! A charge the network strongly denies...

A Chicago source familiar with the situation said a Multicultural representative showed up at WNTD's offices Wednesday morning, kicked out Air America's lone staffer overseeing the network's feed to the station from New York, switched over to a Spanish-language feed, and changed the locks on the doors...

Air America filed a complaint Wednesday in New York state Supreme Court charging Multicultural with breaching their contract and seeking an injunction to force Multicultural to restore the Air America broadcast on both stations, the TRIBUNE has learned... Developing...
<hr /></blockquote> Since I am not in those areas to see if this really happened, I guess we will have to wait it out and see. I would be really surprised if the liberals could not drum up enough money from their loyals to make it longer than 2 weeks.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2004, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
...I would be really surprised if the liberals could not drum up enough money from their loyals to make it longer than 2 weeks.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Liberals prefer to spend other people's money i.e. tax money.

NPR is still on the air after all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
04-14-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Liberals prefer to spend other people's money i.e. tax money. <hr /></blockquote> I can hear it now..."Those greedy conservative radio shows should be taxed and that money should be given to Air America (or whatever the liberal radio is called) so that both can stay on air".

So, I wonder how Gore is doing with the Cable channel. Last I heard, he was shot down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe if he cannot get his cable channel off the ground he will share some of his money to help out his fellow libs.

eg8r

nAz
04-14-2004, 01:31 PM
na walley other peoples money just yours /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
no i think they like myself like to see corporations pay their full share of taxes.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2004, 01:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> na walley other peoples money just yours /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
no i think they like myself like to see corporations pay their full share of taxes.

<hr /></blockquote>

what do you consider a full share?

nAz
04-14-2004, 01:47 PM
you know the money they hide in their over sea accounts, i know it is technically legal but damn it sure isn't patriotic especially during these coming hundred years of war. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
04-14-2004, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no i think they like myself like to see corporations pay their full share of taxes. <hr /></blockquote> How would someone, like yourself, fairly decide what their full share of taxes should be?

eg8r

nAz
04-14-2004, 01:51 PM
like i said above.

better question, do you think they pay their fare share?

eg8r
04-14-2004, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know it is technically legal but damn it sure isn't patriotic <hr /></blockquote> Is this another example of a lib questioning the patriotism of his fellow citizen?

Also, just how do you think you will be affected if the larger corporations did not have any tax breaks? Since you are so upset about them utilizing tax breaks, I am sure you have some sort of plan for the extra benefit you will be receiving if it was to happen. All I am asking is that you share this insight.

eg8r

eg8r
04-14-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

better question, do you think they pay their fare share? <hr /></blockquote> Since you answered a question with one, I will return the favor...How would someone, like yourself, decide what is the "fair share". Would you even know where to begin to defend your position of what is fair and what is not? Do you have any idea how much in tax money is avoided through legal tax breaks? If this money was suddenly taxable, how would that affect you?

eg8r

nAz
04-14-2004, 02:08 PM
dude you are loosing it.

Why i say it is not patriotic is simple bUsh cut taxes to what looks like the upper class who can afford to pay more but that is ok, he also cut taxes for corporations that way that would reinvest money and it can grow larger and we can all benefit from that then he starts a "preemptive war" so this country will be safe (i think that is a patriotic) where it will cost us around what $100 billion that has to come out of my and your pocket but these corps like Halliburton can hide a lot of their revenue in off shore account there by saving billions on taxes. to me that is not being patriotic.
typical over the top right wing to think that this is ok.

eg8r
04-14-2004, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude you are loosing it. <hr /></blockquote> Losing what?

Good job on completely ignoring my post. I would take this as an example of you not having anything relevant to say so you blow off with more rhetoric. Q has taught you well?

Would it be the same if a conservative questioned your patriotism because you expect them to pay more taxes than you for the simple fact they have a better paying job?

eg8r

highsea
04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> After just two weeks on the air..., the network bounced a check and owes him more than $1 million! A charge the network strongly denies...
Air America filed a complaint Wednesday in New York state Supreme Court charging Multicultural with breaching their contract and seeking an injunction to force Multicultural to restore the Air America broadcast on both stations.<hr /></blockquote>

I guess they would rather give the money to their lawyers than pay their bills.

What station owner would want to do business with them after this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-CM

highsea
04-14-2004, 03:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Now for the content of the show...Franken has already accepted the fact that his show will have trouble gaining listeners so he has decided to try and show off his ingenuity. You want to know what he thinks will help him out (since his actual subject matter will not be good enough)... [ QUOTE ]
"My first priority is to get sued by a right-wing jerk in order to generate interest in my new show," Mr. Franken said in a statement earlier this year.
<hr /></blockquote>
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

LOL I guess nobody wanted to sue them. Oh, well, as long as somebody sues somebody.

That must've been "Plan B".

-CM

nAz
04-14-2004, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
dude you are loosing it. <hr /></blockquote> Losing what?

what left of your brian... i think that FLA. weather is screwing with you, you better head back to TX. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good job on completely ignoring my post. I would take this as an example of you not having anything relevant to say so you blow off with more rhetoric. Q has taught you well?

I do have something relevant to say and i said it to Walley s question, the problem is that you are so blinded by your love for bush (and i do not mean the one between a girls legs /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) that you fail to see it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

"How would someone, like yourself, fairly decide what their full share of taxes should be?"

someone like myself?
i'll say it again technically its legal but damn it sure isn't patriotic to hide moneys in off shore accounts while a war is err raging. THAT MONEY THAT IS BEING SHELTERD SHOULD BE TAXED, i did not say anything about any other money, eg8r please stick to the subject matter. if yopu ask me a question about how i can decide how other peoplemoney should be handle i know nothing about that i'll leave that up to you.

cheesemouse
04-14-2004, 05:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> like i said above.

better question, do you think they pay their fare share? <hr /></blockquote>

Naz,

You are mostly correct...If you take the top 400 American Corporations and average their tax returns for the last five years a full 60% of them paid no income taxes....and further if you average all the top 400 they are paying an income tax rate of 7.5%.....It doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference if Bush gives them a tax break or not; they don't pay their fair share......how would you like to have a zero or less than 10% tax rate...that would be nice...don't let Wally/Ed blow any smoke up your ass..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
04-14-2004, 06:28 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&amp;cid=503&amp;e=2&amp;u=/ap/liberal_radio_dispute
Oh, they are in trouble. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nAz
04-14-2004, 07:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> like i said above.

better question, do you think they pay their fare share? <hr /></blockquote>

Naz,

You are mostly correct...If you take the top 400 American Corporations and average their tax returns for the last five years a full 60% of them paid no income taxes....and further if you average all the top 400 they are paying an income tax rate of 7.5%.....It doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference if Bush gives them a tax break or not; they don't pay their fair share......how would you like to have a zero or less than 10% tax rate...that would be nice...don't let Wally/Ed blow any smoke up your ass..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

They won't blow smoke at me that marijuana they smoke is too expensive to waste /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lol boy is Ed gonna tear into you about those totally wrong figures! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-15-2004, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>
Naz,

You are mostly correct...If you take the top 400 American Corporations and average their tax returns for the last five years a full 60% of them paid no income taxes....and further if you average all the top 400 they are paying an income tax rate of 7.5%.....It doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference if Bush gives them a tax break or not; they don't pay their fair share......how would you like to have a zero or less than 10% tax rate...that would be nice...don't let Wally/Ed blow any smoke up your ass..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If the corps pay more taxes they will raise their prices. The consumer ends up paying for everything in the long run.

Of course if they raise their prices too much they will be put out of business by a foreign or domestic competitor.

The US gov't really does a fine job of killing businesses, with the IRS, the EPA, and OSHA. There is a need for these agencies but they need to have their leashes shortened.

eg8r
04-15-2004, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The US gov't really does a fine job of killing businesses, with the IRS, the EPA, and OSHA. <hr /></blockquote> These two just want to tax everything, and they don't even bother to think they foot the bill when all is said and done. You don't think a business is going to skim from profits to pay extra taxes, do you? NOPE, they are going to charge more to make up the difference. Naz cannot even answer the questions as to what he thinks would be fair, but he is quick to say it is unfair.

California is a great example of over-taxing business.

eg8r

eg8r
04-15-2004, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"How would someone, like yourself, fairly decide what their full share of taxes should be?"

someone like myself? <hr /></blockquote> Yes, I said "like yourself". You have too much trouble answering questions directed at you, I could not even think it would be possible for you to answer for a group of people. Quit worrying about these little issues and answer the questions. You side step faster than Q.

[ QUOTE ]
i'll say it again technically its legal but damn it sure isn't patriotic to hide moneys in off shore accounts while a war is err raging. THAT MONEY THAT IS BEING SHELTERD SHOULD BE TAXED, i did not say anything about any other money, eg8r please stick to the subject matter. if yopu ask me a question about how i can decide how other peoplemoney should be handle i know nothing about that i'll leave that up to you. <hr /></blockquote> Saying it again, does not answer the question about what you said in the first place. This is similar to an American talking to a foreigner in English, when the foreigner does not understand the American just talks louder. As far as how other people handle their money, you have misunderstood the question...I was simply asking you if it was fair for a conservative to question a liberals partiotism. You obviously have taken it upon yourself (the lib) to question big business (majority lean right), so I switched it around. If you are confused, you just have to ask. I never branched from the subject matter. If that is what you would like to accuse me of doing, then take a quick look at your first reply to this branch of the thread and see how ridiculously far from the subject matter you were. I just continued to question if you even knew what you were talking about. You cannot even give a good definition of fair, yet you throw the word "unfair" around like you knew what it meant.

eg8r

nAz
04-15-2004, 09:32 AM
err ok can i ask you one thing? is it fair for large corps to hide money in off shore acounts just to save themself billions on taxes while this war is going on?

BTW i have no problem for a conservative to question a liberals partiotism, thats fine that what they been doing since veitnan.

eg8r
04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
err ok can i ask you one thing? <hr /></blockquote> No. Answer a few before you get sidetracked.

[ QUOTE ]
is it fair for large corps to hide money in off shore acounts just to save themself billions on taxes while this war is going on?
<hr /></blockquote>
Now to answer your question...Yes, I think it is fair. Would it be any different if there was no war going on? Libs were complaining about this during non-war times, so why do you feel the need to add "war" to the question when it has no relevance. Costs of war are not paid during the war anyways, so it is not like those taxes are impeding anything happening during the war. We live by the rules/laws of today. If it is not "fair" then someone will change them. However, without having any sort of baseline/definition of what is fair or not, how can you honestly ask the question?

eg8r

SpiderMan
04-16-2004, 11:16 AM
The Dallas Morning News ran an article a day or two back, quoting several networks that had dropped this programming because of bouncing checks.

SpiderMan

eg8r
04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Yup, I posted about this the other day after the Drudge Report broke the story. It is hilarious, I thought they would last at least a little longer. The dems love income redistribution, why can't they find a way to steal some of their listeners money. I can just hear their ads, "If you don't donate money to the station, then you are depriving the poor of good quality radio". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
04-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Quote,

Drug-Free Radio
Liars beware: Al Franken, co-host Katherine Lanpher and Team O'Franken invite you to spend three hours a day in the Zero Spin Zone.

HaHa.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif