PDA

View Full Version : Kerry to reduce gas prices....

eg8r
03-30-2004, 09:55 AM
I am sure the environmentalists are not real excited about Kerry's proposal... [ QUOTE ]
Blaming the spike on the "failed policies" of Republican President Bush -- a former Texas oilman -- Kerry would pressure oil-producing nations to increase production and temporarily suspend filling the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve, campaign aides said. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, he is saying it is Bush's fault we have such high gas prices. I would love to see him prove that.

Here is another quote... [ QUOTE ]
Kerry, a Massachusetts Democrat who has been under fire from Republicans for advocating higher gasoline taxes in the Senate, would "arm twist" members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries to increase production.

"A Kerry administration would act immediately to exert pressure on OPEC to abandon its cut in output quotas and instead increase oil supplies," the aides said.

<hr /></blockquote> Like I said, the environmentalists should be scared...Kerry is advocating more production to keep up with usage, instead of promoting any sort of conservation. Is he moving to the right a little???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyways, I purposely added the first paragraph to point out that Kerry is not worried about the poor consumers who pay too much for gas because he is trying to increase the tax on the gas. He is worried about having extra money to spend while he is the President. The more tax he adds the more money he can spend. He is not preaching about conservation, rather he is asking to increase production without wanting to fill up our reserves. His goal is for the price of oil to come down due to increase production so that his gas tax hike will not be so severe. HIS NUMBER ONE GOAL IS TO INCREASE TAXES!!!!!!!

This quote is an example of what's to come if Kerry gets in office (and you can bet it is not putting more money in your pocket)... [ QUOTE ]
Bush campaign spokesman Steve Schmidt blasted Kerry's record of backing hikes in the gas tax and urged consumers to "check the prices at your neighborhood gas stations and add 50 cents -- that's what John Kerry said he supported." <hr /></blockquote> Here is the link to the article (http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/381249|top|03-30-2004::03:05|reuters.html) so that you can read the rest.

[ QUOTE ]
Republicans as well as Democrats have urged the Bush administration to stop filling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve -- America's emergency crude oil stockpile -- to keep more oil in the market.

The White House has refused, saying that the scheduled crude oil deliveries to the stockpile have a "negligible" impact on market prices. Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham said last week the United States was not going "to beg for oil."

"The Bush administration has put the SPR fill program on automatic pilot without regard to the short-term effect on the US market," the Kerry campaign said. "The program needs better management."

Kerry would temporarily suspend filling SPR until oil prices return to normal levels. <hr /></blockquote> I wonder if Kerry would be so kind as to define the word "temporary".

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
03-30-2004, 10:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
....the scheduled crude oil deliveries to the stockpile have a "negligible" impact on market prices. Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham said last week the United States was not going "to beg for oil.".....
<hr /></blockquote>

This is known as leadership, as opposed to Clinton-Gore pandering.

Someday we're gonna be real happy that SPR is there