PDA

View Full Version : 2004 DCC Ring Game-

daviddjmp
03-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Accu-Stats just released a DVD of this game with Johnny Archer winning against six top opponents including Efren Reyes and Ralf Soquet. I am not a huge 9-ball fan (14.1 is my game) but those players have such good fundamentals I am considering purchasing the 4 hour DVD. Were any of you lucky enough to see any of these matches in person? I would be interested in any feedback you could provide.

Thanks a lot-

Tom_In_Cincy
03-30-2004, 10:40 AM
daviddjmp,

If you have a chance, read the InsidePOOL article about the DCC Ring Games. I would guess that if you are a pool player and like to be entertained by watching matchups, you couldn't go wrong getting the DVD.

I wasn't there, but I did see the WEB-Cast for BOTH Ring games. If the DVD is going to be from the recorded WEB-Cast, it will be worth the purchase.

Some may even say that the banter between Danny DeLiberto and Jimmy Mataya is worth the DVD.

UWPoolGod
03-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Yeah I watched the first one but didn't get any of the banter because my speakers at work do not work. So that woul dbe good to hear. I will probably pick them up.

piglit
03-30-2004, 02:35 PM
You were better off w/out the sound. Mataya's played-out trash talking got lame really fast. Seemed like he thought he needed to talk the whole time.

Just to argue with myself...Mataya is a knowledgeable pool player and it was nice to hear someone who actually can read a table...

Mitch Lawrence- wanna play some (no, I don't wanna play your wife /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)?!

-pigy

Predator314
03-30-2004, 02:55 PM
I can't find it on DVD on their site. All I see is the VHS version.

daviddjmp
03-30-2004, 03:48 PM
I just got a flyer with my latest straight pool videos, so they may not be on theri site yet.

There are two DVDs, Corey Deuel defeats Pagulayan, Morris, Strickland, Wetch and Williams, the Item is D6-R1*

The other is Archer defeats Parica, Pagulayan, Schmidt, Reyes and Souquet. The number on that is D6-R2*

UWPoolGod
03-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Yeah I checked the website too and they are not there yet. The hefty $60 price tag is though.

daviddjmp
04-01-2004, 01:51 PM
I just talked to Jim over at Accu-Stats in New Jersey and he said Pat Fleming is still working on getting the DVDs ready. Said as soon as they were they would be posted on the site. Jim said a couple of weeks. I'll pay $60 for over four hours of pro pool. Call me crazy-

UWPoolGod
04-01-2004, 02:21 PM
I know I would too. And maybe both, since I only caught about an hour of the other one in the middle of the session. Maybe my friend will go halvsies with me on them.