PDA

View Full Version : My Valley Forge Awards

9 Ball Girl
03-30-2004, 10:42 AM
So lets see. I got to VF at about 6ish PM on Friday. We stayed at the McIntosh Inn. As soon as we walked into the hotel, there were 3 people coming out with the cuecases slung across their shoulders. Seeing that just makes me feel like I'm in my element and will be for the next 3 nights. Anyways...

We drove over to the Convention Center and bought tickets. (We bought tickets everyday instead of getting the weekend pass which would've saved us some $$$!) It was my BF's first time in VF so naturally I took charge. We walked over to Dr. D's booth, checked in with her and continued on. I stocked up on supplies from Runout Sportswear. Fascination set upon my BF on seeing everything billiard. I told him, "wait 'til we get downstairs."

Ah, the ring tables. The breaker, the racker, and yes, the rack was back again. I think in total, I made about $300. So our food and tickets and whatnot were paid off by our winnings!

We went to Rack 'Em Up Billiards in Downington. They had about 15 tables and 1 Snooker table. We were there for about 2 hours. The room was ok. On Sunday night after the expo, everyone headed out to Mika's new room, Planet Pool in Limerick (sp?). I liked this room a whole lot better. They had 32 tables, other activities towards the back (I think air hockey tables) and classic rock coming out of the speakers. I was in the zone. There was plenty of action going on, Frankie Hernandez playing a guy I recognized from the ring tables, Keith McCready playing a young'un, Rob Saez playing another young'un, with the likes of Parica, Archer, Morris, Immonen, Alvarez, Williams, and Souquet watching and walking around. It reminded me of a mini Q-Master Billiards in Virginia during the Open. We played there for several hours, resulting in our getting back home at 4:30 AM on Monday.

"Best Greeting Award" to Barry Szamboti
"Best Hug" to CarolNYC
"Best Hospitality" to Dr. D
"Best Finger Wiggles" to Cathy and Rich
"Best Heeeeyyyyyy Wendy" to Tommy Kennedy
"Best Nudge" to Cueball1950
"Best Catch Me If You Can" to Scott Lee
"Best You Snuck Up On Me" to Ken in CT
"Best Line" Preacherman - when the most beautiful girl walks up to my booth, I knew it had to be 9 Ball Girl
"Best My Wife's Back In The Car and I Hope Your BF Is Not Jealous" to PQQLK9
"Best Twosome" to Jimmy B and Fred Agnir
"Best Father and Son Team" to Chris Cass and Spike (missed you Heide!)
"Best Ricky Winkler" to Eric
"Best Nuts I've Yet To Taste" to Barbara

PQQLK9
03-30-2004, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> "Best My Wife's Back In The Car and I Hope Your BF Is Not Jealous"[/b] to PQQLK9<hr /></blockquote>

She forgot her camera and when she returned with it I could not find you.
It was a pleasure meeting you /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
03-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol