PDA

View Full Version : my cue is stuck together :(

rootb33r
03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
it's a cuetec two-piece and it's stuck together... it's actually been stuck together since last semester lol, but i haven't really played pool in a long time, and i'm kinda embarrassed to walk around with a full-piece cue sticking out of my case lol...
i tried rubbing some vaseline on it and trying to get it in the crack but it's not getting in there.

does anyone have any tricks or should i go try to get some lubricating oil of some sort?

UWPoolGod
03-30-2004, 06:38 PM
Didn't this get answered before? Or maybe that was someone else. Not sure if it would work, but I'd get a piece of rubber on each side of the joint, use some vice grips and wrench if free. Or somehow use a vice. Strong hands. Maybe buy one of those hand-strengtheners/forearm squeezer things and get your grip stronger.

rootb33r
03-30-2004, 06:58 PM
good idea... i dunno where i'm gonna find a vice on campus though lol

my grip is really strong, and my forearms are huge. i actually had one of my friends here at school whom is 240+ lb. state champion wrestler with huuuuuge arms try it, and he couldn't get it to come undone.

i put this sticky putty stuff (used to hang things up on the wall) on each piece for better grip. i have to stop because of pain before i can get it unscrewed :\

oh and i apologize, i may have asked this before but forgot to check back for the answer or something... i just have a night off from lacrosse and out of nowhere got the urge to play pool so...

Sid_Vicious
03-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Someone posted here a while back that you could pop the joint with the heel of your hand sharply and rattle it to a break down able condition. I wouldn't want to vice up a cue but that might work too. I'd also try taking a hair drier and heating up the joint area for added help...sid

KGeeED
03-31-2004, 08:45 AM
Try some WD40 or Break Away. If this don't work get into a pool game for some money. If you lose protend that you don't have any money and give the stick> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick B
03-31-2004, 09:08 AM
Give it to your Mother. She can use it in her garden to keep up he tomatoes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick

UWPoolGod
03-31-2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah I guess it is a Cuetec...I changed my mind, my advise is go buy a good cue.

SpiderMan
03-31-2004, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rootb33r:</font><hr> i tried rubbing some vaseline on it and trying to get it in the crack but it's not getting in there.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hmmm, too bad we can't move this to the NPR board, bet you'd get some comments on that line /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpiderMan

Perk
03-31-2004, 12:04 PM
LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
03-31-2004, 12:18 PM
Throw a bucket of cold water on it...used to work for the "mismatched" dogs in the neighborhood.