PDA

View Full Version : A New Look for the 04' U.S.Open !

Brady_Behrman
03-30-2004, 10:30 PM
New exciting news about the 2004 U S Open 9-Ball Championship, scheduled for September 6-12, 2004. The tournament arena and seating arrangements for the event are being modified to create a more intimate atmosphere, better viewing positions for you the spectator, and better playing condiitons for the players.

The new seating configuration is more fan friendly and will bring you closer to the action. Also, to eliminate the interference of other spectators walking between you and the tournament arena, all stairways will be accessed from behind the risers to allow you to watch all the world's greatest players without anyone walking in front of your VIP seats.

The tournament tables have also been adjusted to provide you with more concentrated viewable action. More importantly, the players will appreciate the enhanced playing conditions with fewer distraction.

Be sure to book your VIP seats early because we are sure to sellout quickly.

All VIP seats will be processed via the Internet through the new online reservation system set to begin April 8th, 2004. This new online seat reservation system will allow you to purchase your desired seats within minutes and then automatically show those seats as sold for the tournament.

The new layout is viewable here, at http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/Seating/04SeatingA.php, so make sure you join the mailing list at http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com to stay tuned for all the updates and news for this year's U S Open 9-Ball Championship.

Thank you for your support and See You Soon!

Sincerely,
Barry Behrman
Promoter

On a Personal note, It was great seeing and meeting many of you at Valley Forge. Your Kind words and ecouragement were very kind. I am looking forward to the Biggest and Best U.S.Open Ever. Next Year makes for the 30th Annual U.S.Open, Watch Out!

Brady_Behrman
03-31-2004, 03:57 PM
What section are you CCB'ers gonna try and get in?

9 Ball Girl
03-31-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm going to try to get the same section that I was in last year which was near the Accustat Booth.

SPetty
03-31-2004, 05:03 PM
From the seating chart, it looks like if you get "front and center" for the main table, you can't see much of anything else. If you get "front and center" for one of the other sections, you can't see much of anything on the main table.

For those that have been there before, notice that it looks like the seating is different this year.

Any recommendations?

SPetty<~~still thinking about making it over there this year...

Tom_In_Cincy
03-31-2004, 05:13 PM
Monday thru Thursday, CCB'ers all sit pretty much anywhere. All depends on where Wendy and Hiede tell us to.

Friday and Saturday... same... but with the massive crowds expected this year.. better plan early..

Sunday.. you'd better have a seat or it will be standing room only.. and if Jeremy is playing again.. you will be standing for a long time.

Can't wait to get my order in..

SPetty
03-31-2004, 05:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Can't wait to get my order in.. <hr /></blockquote>So, the question remains --- where are you going to put your order in for?

(love that grammar!)

Barbara
03-31-2004, 06:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Can't wait to get my order in.. <hr /></blockquote>So, the question remains --- where are you going to put your order in for?

(love that grammar!) <hr /></blockquote>

Is that what you'd call a "dangling participle"?

Barbara~~~still deciding, too... Louise?

poolplayer1988
03-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Excellent job on the new US Open website Brady. And PoolSites.com is pretty awesome too. I plan on not only attending the Open this year, but hopefully if things work out correctly within the next few months I should be playing. I hope to do well, but it has always been a dream of mine to play in it, regardless of how I do. Hope to be seeing all the great players and fans in Chesapeake in September!

Brady_Behrman
03-31-2004, 07:19 PM
When you look at the layout you will notice white areas not only around the main table but white rows around the perimiter ( CLICK HERE TO SEE (http://usopen9ballchampionships.com/Seating/04SeatingA.php)) . VIP Pass Holders will be able to have ONE assiged seat and will ultimatly be able to float to wherever seats are not reserved typically between the 30yd line and goal. All the MAJOR matches will be on Center Stage so getting a seat in that area will be breathtaking with this layout. The Grey areas are General Admission. People coming for different amount of days will be able to pick seats just like the people coming ALL week long. First Come first Serve, ALL LIVE all on the WEB, No Call ins, No Busy Phone Lines, Just click and pay!

First time EVER for this type of dynamic seating chart and hopefully more will come in the future. Stay Tuned

New For 2004

Monday-Sunday (Sept 6-12) = $200
Tuesday-Sunday (Sept 7-12) = $180
Wednesday - Sunday (Sept 8-12) = $160
Thursday - Sunday (Sept 9-12) = $140
Friday - Sunday (Sept 10-12) = $120

http://usopen9ballchampionships.com/images/AAA.jpg

Rich R.
04-01-2004, 05:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm going to try to get the same section that I was in last year which was near the Accustat Booth. <hr /></blockquote>
Wendy, check the seating chart. They have changed the arrangement quite a bit. The isles and the seats are not arranged the same way. Assuming the chart is accurate, we will all have to rethink seating arrangements.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2004, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> From the seating chart, it looks like if you get "front and center" for the main table, you can't see much of anything else. If you get "front and center" for one of the other sections, you can't see much of anything on the main table..... <hr /></blockquote>

My thoughts exactly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm not sure I would want to sit under those hot tv lights for very long.

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Hmmm. I guess I'm a little confused (so what else is new). When I look at the seating chart, it looks the same as it did any other time, no? The only thing that I see different is that there are now seats at the far end of the arena right below where the big screen is usually located. That and the fact that we now have to walk behind the bleachers to get to our seats. Now, by looking at this "new" layout ("new" because like I said, it looks the same to me unless I'm missing something), if we sat up on the 4th row behind the TV table, wouldn't we still be able to see everything as we did last year?

Wendy&lt;---clueless

Tom_In_Cincy
04-01-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't ever remember the convention center being anything but chilly.. GREAT a/c for the tournament.

The only place it really gets warm is AT the TV table. The seating around the table is just BRIGHT. Not warm.

Rich R.
04-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Wendy, if you remember, in the section where we were sitting, there was in isle (steps) in line with the TV boom, straight up the middle of the convention center, to the Accustat booth, at the top. That isle (steps) is no longer there.

Because I get up often, to move and take pictures, it will make it more difficult for me to get around. For my purposes, I like to sit at the end of a row, so I can move around easier. With the new arrangement, I will no longer be able to sit in the middle of the seating area.

It also appears there will be no isle along the sides of the table area, so I will have to walk through seating areas to get to different sections, to take pictures at different tables.

I know these are small problems for most, but these are the things I see, which will affect me.
After all, it is all about me, isn't it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Ah yes! You're right, there were stairs there! I mean, I fell down going up them my first time there 2 years ago when I saw Earl Strickland at the Accustat Booth! LOL What a klutz.

But I do see your point where you would need to move around and all and I can see where you would have to make an adjustment to where you would want to sit for better maneuvering purposes. As for me, though, I'll still pick the same area. I hope Kato does too because he knows I have to sit near him. I won't have it any other way.

Kato
04-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Wendy, you're gonna get sick of me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll let you know what we decide. I'm gonna have a meeting with the South Florida Crew in the next couple of weeks to hammer out our ticket purchases.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2004, 10:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Wendy, you're gonna get sick of me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Kato <hr /></blockquote>Bite your tongue! That will never happen. teehee