PDA

View Full Version : Tour Cloth

ryushen21
03-31-2004, 01:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone here has played on Tour Edition cloth made by Championship. I can get a really good deal on it but i wanted to get some opionion of other players. i am going to a local pool room next week to check it out for myself. But what do you guys think of it. How does it play in comparison to Simonis and which would you prefer out of the two?

mworkman
04-01-2004, 01:36 PM
I have Tour Edition 3030 on my 7' bar box. I think it is very good. You will be happy with it, especially if you can get it for a good price. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It is fast and durable. I've just bought an Oversize 8' and am putting Simonis on it because I wanted to see the difference for myself. I could of probably bought the 3030 a little cheaper. I like it better then the Simonis I've played on, but those tables have all been recovered 2-3 years ago. I'm interested in comparing to the new Simonis. My guess is it is just as good and maybe better.

UTAddb
04-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Matt- have you looked into gorina cloth? Apparently it's the same as simonis but cheaper. Also I think billiards express sells simonis for our tables for like $150.

ryushen21
04-01-2004, 11:49 PM
I was able to find the tour cloth for $210 with installation inclided. That seems like the best deal out there. I can get Simonis for $245 but it comes down to life a cost effectiveness with my boss. So it looks like the tour cloth is going to be it. We are going out to Hawley's to check it out for ourselves on monday.

ryushen21
04-02-2004, 12:02 AM
A quick add on here. If any of the CCBers wanna join us at Hawley's on monday come on out. I'd like to meet up with some of you and see how you guys shoot and what you shoot with. We should get around 6 or 7pm. Hope some of you can make it.

woody_968
04-02-2004, 09:17 AM
I have the tour cloth on my table at home and I am really happy with it. My installer was able to get a good stretch on it and the table plays very fast. I have had no regrets of going with this cloth. My local pool rooms use Simonis so I have a good comparison, I would get which ever one was cheaper.

Harold Acosta
04-03-2004, 07:53 PM
In the December 2003 BD Magazine, Championship cloths offers a Risk Free Trial of the 3030 Tour Edition Tournament Cloth. The Ad indicates that their cloth outlasts Simonis 860 by 30 percent, comes in 9 colors and sells for less.

The risk free trial invites you to install the Tour Edition 3030 and Simonis 860 on your commercial tables at the same time. If after 2,000 hours of comparable play, Tour Edition doesn't have fewer divots and an overall superior appearance, Chmapionship will refund the full price of the Tour Edition cloth.

I believe you should go with the Championship cloth and give it a try.

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

mworkman
04-05-2004, 05:49 PM
I just finished my oversize 8' with Simonis Cloth. I've played a couple of hours on it. The table seems much slower then my old 7' with Tour edition 3030. There could be other factors like the rails and size of table, but all in all I wish I would of stayed with the Tour Edition cloth.