PDA

View Full Version : Linen Base Aegis

04-27-2002, 11:34 PM
Hello all,

I own an el cheapo Excalibur Cuetec for breaking but I don't like the stock ferrule that it has. Now I'm planning on having the old stock ferrule change to "Linen Base Aegis" Ferrule and was wondering if it will stand the abuse from breaking. Any advise on what type of ferrule I should use?

Thanks!

Chris Cass
04-28-2002, 09:15 AM
Hey Riv,

If your going to break with the cue only? I personally would get the regular fiber ferrule. It can withstand any break with less tip. You could go with the Aegis but once the tip gets a little low they will crack.

I myself like the tip low on the break cue. You'll be surprized what the Cuetech can do. They're great to break without a tip. Yes, this happened to me at the ph. I grab'd a cue off the wall and smashed. Then, looked at the tip and it wasn't there. Someone left it on the wall tipless. If you do decide to go with the Aegis. You shouldn't let the tip get below a dimes width on the side wall. Look, it's like I'm talking tires. LOLLOL

Regards,

C.C.

TonyM
04-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Using an Aegis ferrule on a Cuetec is an excellent solution and will certainly stand-up to break abuse. Use a capped ferrule for extra strength. A fiber pad wouldn't hurt also.

Tony