PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Is this a bad sign?

Wally_in_Cincy
03-31-2004, 02:48 PM
I checked tvguide.com looking for the AF match from 1995 that's supposed to be on Friday Apr. 2. It's not listed.

I hope ESPN does not renege on "Billiards Month". They list matches that day from last year's Oregon Tourney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cueless Joey
03-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Not looking good at all.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-31-2004, 03:18 PM
unfortunately tvguide.com only shows listings for 1 week so i don't know about later in the month.

Ken
03-31-2004, 03:33 PM
The TVGuide web site has cheerleading or hockey in the April 4 time slot. I might watch anyway.
Ken in CT

9 Ball Girl
03-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Hmmm. All I have are 2 Sudden Death 7 ball matches from 11AM - 1PM on ESPN2. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ken
03-31-2004, 07:07 PM
Wendy,

The main concern probably is the classic footage starting on the 26th with Lassiter, Balsis, Cranfield, Mosconi and others for 4 hours each day. The fear is that if they renege on the repeats scheduled for the early part of the month maybe they won't show those.

Actually they might have decided on the extra 100 hours of pool too late to provide the updated schedule to TV Guide. The shows you see scheduled are not part of this special broadcast but we may not know until the time periods arrive and pool does or does not appear unless someone wants to call them.

If anyone doesn't have the schedule it was posted by Wally here:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=122394&page=&vi ew=&sb=&o=&vc=1

Ken in CT

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2004, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> ....Actually they might have decided on the extra 100 hours of pool too late to provide the updated schedule to TV Guide.....<hr /></blockquote>

I don't know. I received that schedule on Feb. 5

The latest issue of BD (IIRC) has a sidebar about the classic matches in April, so I shall remain optimistic.

The AF match was to be on ESPN and it seems ESPN shows are more subject to pre-emption than ESPN2 shows so maybe that explains it.

hondo
04-01-2004, 07:34 AM
I think we should NOT watch the cheerleading
as a protest.

Ken
04-01-2004, 12:56 PM
The ESPN program listings for ESPN and ESPN2 have all the classic matches and most of the other matches as on the original schedule. There were a couple minor changes early in the month.

A few times are blank where the pool was supposed to go so it may still appear. Davis Cup quarterfinals are in one of the times when pool was scheduled.
Ken in CT

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2004, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> The ESPN program listings for ESPN and ESPN2 have all the classic matches and most of the other matches as on the original schedule. There were a couple minor changes early in the month.

A few times are blank where the pool was supposed to go so it may still appear. Davis Cup quarterfinals are in one of the times when pool was scheduled.
Ken in CT <hr /></blockquote>

Ken,

Thanks. I feel better now /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I finally figured out how to get the listings for future dates by using the calendar on the right.

Man that is one cluttered website. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2004, 10:58 PM
So here I am setting up the VCR for April 2's matches and on ESPN they're supposed to have Fisher/Jones at 3PM and Fisher/Lee at 4PM. Not listed.

On ESPN2, only 2 of the 4 matches that are on that schedule are shown for 11AM - 1PM. Sigh... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif