PDA

View Full Version : Stern Aprlil Fool's Joke

UWPoolGod
04-01-2004, 10:56 AM
So I was on my way to work this morning and I turn on the radio when I get into the car to the Howard Stern show, the first thing I hear is an Eminem song. So I checked the dial and sure enough it was on the right rock station. So..hmm...maybe Eminem is his guest and playing one of his songs off of the 8Mile soundtrack. After it is through and a round of commercials, No Doubt's new song comes on the radio, so I was like WTF. Then the new DJ's Cross & Lopez come on the air saying Howard was booted by Infinity. I almost got a fit of roadrage when they declared their new program was "Fun without the filth". A 12 year old calls in "I love this new format"..followed by a Stern fan "What is this $#!+, turn Stern on". Without missing a beat the DJ's went into a Brittney Spears song. AHRRRRGHHH!!! I thought I'd never see the day when Brittney was played ona hard rock station.
All the other morning shows blow, so I had to listen to CDs the rest of the way. i got to work and wrote the day-shift Dj's bashing Infinity before I surfed the net and found a site saying it was all an April Fools Joke. After 40 minutes of the new morning show a long round of farting ensued. LOL. Damn I was pissed. What a morning.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2004, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr>
...All the other morning shows blow...<hr /></blockquote>

I like Bob and Tom better than Stern

I was trying to think up a good CCB april fool joke such as "I ran 3 friggin' balls last night". Oh well, the day is young.

ChrisW
04-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Thats too funny.
I would be pissed also!

I don't get stern on this side of the state so I listen to Bob and Tom.

When I lived near Boston a radio station would have the annual fools day parade.
They would broadcast about which bands or floats were passing by and comment on them.
Then they encourage people to dress up in their wildest costumes and come watch.
Only there was no parade. I do remember them sounding very convincing. WBCN-Boston

Chris

UWPoolGod
04-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Yeah he was just showing what would happen if the FCC gets their way and gets him off the air. The FCC/ClearChannel/Infinity all of em. We'll seee what happens with all of that.

nAz
04-01-2004, 02:08 PM
They also caught the idiots at the pseudo news channel fox morning,i think they actually sent out a news van to his station in NYC. lol

Not sure who to blame for all this Bush or Janet, maybe both.

dg-in-centralpa
04-01-2004, 03:08 PM
I knew right away it was a joke. Where I live, I can't pick up his NY station, so if he had been pulled from the air, our local station would have had their regular programming on which is rock and modern rock. Fox news was running tickers saying Stern had been fired, then had to put out a retraction.

DG - still was a good prank

bigshooter
04-01-2004, 03:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> They also caught the idiots at the pseudo news channel fox morning,i think they actually sent out a news van to his station in NYC. lol

Not sure who to blame for all this Bush or Janet, maybe both. <hr /></blockquote>

How would you know this if unless you were watching FOX News?
Maybe there is hope for you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Sean Hannity says he's voting for Kerry and the gov't needs to do more to help the poor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
04-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Stern played a clip of them talking about it this morning around 9:15 am EST.
hmm if you listen to Stern then maybe there is hope for you too /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif