PDA

View Full Version : Stain Proof The Cloth ??

Regulator
04-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi,

I'm a bit concerned that my friends will spill drinks on my new Simonis 860 cloth. I'm resigned to the thought that my young niece and nephew will at some point.

Billiards Express (http://www.billiardsexpress.com), click on Table-Maintenance Needs, and then click on Pro-Tec, is a supposely a cloth sealer. I assume it is a similar concept to ScotchGuard.

Questions:
* Has anyone used it ?
* Does it work ?
* Will it hurt the playability of the cloth ?

Thanks,

Cueless Joey
04-04-2004, 11:34 AM
I know one person who put that cloth tragic, err magic, on his cloth. He's been regretting it ever since.
He said the table has not played the same since.

Barbara
04-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi,

Instead of resigning yourself to this fact, why don't you teach your niece and nephew proper etiquette while playing at the table? That food and drink stay away from the table at all times and they must wipe their hands after handling food and drinks and before they touch any equipment.

And enforce this! Tell them that they can't play until they behave properly at the table.

Barbara~~~JAT...

Troy
04-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Absolutely correct. Stainproof the PLAYERS rather than the cloth. No one is too young to learn that food and drink do NOT belong on the pool table.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Hi,

Instead of resigning yourself to this fact, why don't you teach your niece and nephew proper etiquette while playing at the table? That food and drink stay away from the table at all times and they must wipe their hands after handling food and drinks and before they touch any equipment.

And enforce this! Tell them that they can't play until they behave properly at the table.

Barbara~~~JAT... <hr /></blockquote>

Frank_Glenn
04-04-2004, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Absolutely correct. Stainproof the PLAYERS rather than the cloth. No one is too young to learn that food and drink do NOT belong on the pool table.<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, or have them put up a $350 deposit in the event the cloth is ruined. That should get the point across. The ProTec stuff works if properly applied. We tested it with the Quick-Clean product to see if they worked together. I can happily state that they play fine in the same sand box. YMMV

stickman
04-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Same goes for smokers. Teach them to put their butts in the ashtrays, rather than trying to fire retard the cloth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif One of my big pet peaves!!!

Regulator
04-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Hi Stick,

Living in California and not being a smoker, that never crosses my mind. Smoking pretty much isn't allowed in any public area or business, except outside. Not being a smoker, I wouldn't let anyone smoke in my house and because of the law, so many smokers are use to going outside without even asking them.

Interestingly, the bar/restaurant business improved after the law went into effect. Seems that the smokers still went out and the non-smokers who were avoiding bars starting going. I'd bet the law hurt bars close to the state line, though.

Think I'll take a chance and leave the Simonis bare.

stickman
04-05-2004, 09:27 AM
I clean the tables and balls at one of the poolhalls here. I'm fussy about this stuff. I'm a smoker, but I still get really erked when I see someone over the table with a smoke dangling out of their mouth. I don't hesitate to tell them to put it in an ashtray.

Jim