PDA

View Full Version : Break cue weight distribution

04-28-2002, 10:37 AM
I just purchased a new break cue and it's a Dufferin sneaky pete. I have noticed and was surprised that I break much better with it with less effort than my previously own Dufferin SP(same cue but gave it away and butt heavy).

Now I realized that I purchased a front heavy Dufferin SP! It's more front heavy than my previous one about 19 - 19 1/4" balance point from the bumper, unlike the old Dufferin SP w/c is around 17 1/2" BL.

Could it be that the front heavy new cue I got breaks better with the butt heavy? BTW, both have the same weight w/c is 19 ounces, same hard tip (Talisman X hard). I really liked this new sneaky pete for breaking and was wondering if any have the same experienced like I did.

And oh BTW, sometimes I use a soft break and the damn balls spread up so easilly, breaking hard w/ it is also very easy than before I used to w/ my old butt heavy Dufferin SP. One last thing I noticed is that I pocket more balls every rack and don't scratch very often or at least never scratch a set game.

I think I like the this new break cue I got. Thought I'd like to share my experienced. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

04-29-2002, 05:53 PM

05-02-2002, 12:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I just purchased a new break cue and it's a Dufferin sneaky pete. I have noticed and was surprised that I break much better with it with less effort than my previously own Dufferin SP(same cue but gave it away and butt heavy).

Now I realized that I purchased a front heavy Dufferin SP! It's more front heavy than my previous one about 19 - 19 1/4" balance point from the bumper, unlike the old Dufferin SP w/c is around 17 1/2" BL.

Could it be that the front heavy new cue I got breaks better with the butt heavy? BTW, both have the same weight w/c is 19 ounces, same hard tip (Talisman X hard). I really liked this new sneaky pete for breaking and was wondering if any have the same experienced like I did.

And oh BTW, sometimes I use a soft break and the damn balls spread up so easilly, breaking hard w/ it is also very easy than before I used to w/ my old butt heavy Dufferin SP. One last thing I noticed is that I pocket more balls every rack and don't scratch very often or at least never scratch a set game.

I think I like the this new break cue I got. Thought I'd like to share my experienced. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

I have a break cue that is also forward balanced and it breaks NICE! Balls spread and scattered all over and I love it. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif