PDA

View Full Version : POOL SPENDING SPREE

recoveryjones
04-05-2004, 03:55 PM
OK folks I admit it, I'm bored, don't have much of a life and lately I've been fantasizing and daydreaming.A few minutes ago I just bought a lottery ticket with a potential 21 million dollar first prize.

Here's the scenario:

Suppose you had earlier won the lottery.You've traveled the world, partied and now have a beautiful lover( or two,1/2 your age...LOL) and a mansion.

Now it's time to design your home pool room.You get to fill it with any two tables (a 7'and a 9') of your choice.You get to put up a cue display case with the cues you've allways dreamed of owning.You get the sound system and the big screen TV to watch and learn from instructional videos of your choice. You get to fly in any two,three or more instructors of your choice to teach you.Since you can afford to lose a few bucks,you can even invite some great players to come down and gamble with you, just for the experience.

This is your pool fantasy spending spree and you can go nuts!!!Money is no object. "Have fun and spend it baby!!!"
If money were no object how would you spend it using some of the suggestions I mentioned above, or what are some of your own.RJ
ps. You never know....I just might win.

Barbara
04-05-2004, 04:16 PM
I want SPetty's setup!!! That's one sweet room with great equipment!!

But I'd have to sub the Valley bar table for a Diamond Smart table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or, I could go with what's behind door number two - retire to the Caribbean with a Jeanneau 43DS sailboat. Pete can do jumping jacks in the cabin below deck. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~size of boat subject to change depending on size of lottery winngs...

Predator314
04-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Diamond Pro 9'
Diamond Smart Table 7'

Both with the Diamond light system.

Cues would be custom cues that I made myself with my new cue making equipment.

Jukebox, Big Screen TV, Bar, Card Table, swimming pool out back.

JPB
04-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Just a Verhoeven billiard and a 9' brunswick of some sort. Sorry, can't stay in the 7' parameter. I wouldn't hit a ball on a 7' table if I had this set up I don't think. Best cloth. Best balls. A lot of flat panel screens with all the channels. A very large humidor. A very well stocked bar, all top shelf. Mostly malts and good bourbons. I don't know how I'd work out the audio system, but it would sound good. I would have a lot of cues, why not. Southwest, Tad, Josswest, Gina the priority acquisitons. I'd have a bunch of butterfly splice 3C cues around. Green leather furniture BTW.

NFL games in my room would be very good. Fire up a big heater about 8.5x52, pour a large glass of something, idly bat a few balls around while watching all the games. It would be sweet. Tell me again why I'd invite pool players over to gamble? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheap9Ball
04-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Simple for me... A 9' premium table (maybe a Diamond or a GCIV), a plush room with a few spectator chairs, soft music piped in and (here's what I really want)... a light that puts a lot of light on the table with a sharp line to dark at the outside of the rails (with that much money, somebody could make that happen). I like the atmosphere of a brightly lit table that is all you can see in pitch dark.

recoveryjones
04-05-2004, 10:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote :</font><hr> Tell me again why I'd invite pool players over to gamble? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Being that filthy rich and having the pool room of your dreams would be great.Playing some of the greats like Reyes, Archer, Bustamante etc.etc.etc would be a blast and an experience to remember. Of course they're not going to come over for free, so maybe if they heard some rich guy was throwing his money around , they'd stop by and give you the 6,7,8,9 or whatever for a thousand or two a game.

It could go something like this:
Cost of a new pool table: $10,000
Cost of a new cue: $5000
Cost of playing Efren Reyes in person: PRICELESS!!!

Also how would you like to receive instructions from some of the great teachers. Money can buy that as well and the experience would also be priceless.RJ

JPB
04-05-2004, 10:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote :</font><hr> Tell me again why I'd invite pool players over to gamble? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Being that filthy rich and having the pool room of your dreams would be great.Playing some of the greats like Reyes, Archer, Bustamante etc.etc.etc would be a blast and an experience to remember. Of course they're not going to come over for free, so maybe if they heard some rich guy was throwing his money around , they'd stop by and give you the 6,7,8,9 or whatever for a thousand or two a game.

It could go something like this:
Cost of a new pool table: $10,000
Cost of a new cue: $5000
Cost of playing Efren Reyes in person: PRICELESS!!!

Also how would you like to receive instructions from some of the great teachers. Money can buy that as well and the experience would also be priceless.RJ <hr /></blockquote>

I understood.

But why play them for a thousand a game when I could either pay them for lessons or get a big spot for cheap. Me showing up at a touranment with a hundred dollar bill would get everybody who can lift a cue interested. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-06-2004, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cheap9Ball:</font><hr> ....(here's what I really want)... a light that puts a lot of light on the table with a sharp line to dark at the outside of the rails (with that much money, somebody could make that happen)......<hr /></blockquote>

The Diamond light is almost exactly as you describe.

http://www.diamondbilliard.com/accessories/light.aspx

rukiddingme
04-06-2004, 07:10 AM
Lets see... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
a Verhoeven billiard table and an antique 9ft Brunswick in my new home in the States as well as in my villa in southern France. The properties would be large enough to accomodate my pool playing friends who would come over to visit
an extensive high end cue collection...
a live in pool/billiards instructor - some people want maids and cooks but I'd take a pool instructor who can cook and clean...
top of the line light and sound system...
and a new tip pick... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
ruk

Chris Cass
04-06-2004, 07:48 AM
This is easy. I'd buy a crap Valley 7ft. Get the Aramith cb the heavy one that stays dirty. Install smoke makers to flood the room with smoke. Buy a 9ft GC and have the tables really close togather. Then, I'd buy two sets of cheap balls from two different manufacturers, mix the two sets up. Then, I'd hire some airhead to refelt the table. You know the guy that, stretches one side tighter than the other and pulls the rail cloth so tight that he bends the rail rubber.

Then, I'd be ready to go to any tourney in my area and win,

Regards,

C.C.~~forgot the lighting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

#### leonard
04-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Chris this is Masters Week on the Golf Channel. Now you can see what money can buy you. I don't think you could find anyone willing to part with their tickets unless they were on their death bed.####

highsea
04-06-2004, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> C.C.~~forgot the lighting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

May I suggest the ultra classy 3 bulb light with the green shades, only one bulb that works, it is the headstring end. The light would be hung real low and at an angle so that it interferes with the breakshot and doesn't put too much light on the table. The (25W) bulb would flicker and go out in an unpredictable manner, and the whole thing is hooked up with speaker wire which has hand twisted, taped-over connections going directly to the smoke maker.

Also, the bathroom door would be directly adjacent to a side pocket, about 2' away. A big chalkboard on the other side with no chalk.

-CM

Wally_in_Cincy
04-06-2004, 09:18 AM
LOL

There's a joint we play at sometimes that has an old-time wooden phone booth near the table. If your cue ball lands just right you can open the door to the phone booth to allow room for your cue. If somebody's on the phone they have a fine selection of shorty sticks /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
04-06-2004, 09:21 AM
C.C.
Might I suggest hiring a couple of drunks to be loud, obnoxious, spill beer on the table, and bump into you when you are just about to pull the trigger?

Oh, yea...add a couple of goth typy teens to keep the head banger music turned up to max volume!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dooziexx
04-06-2004, 09:49 AM
First of all, I would get rid of the lover unless she is in to pool. If not, off she goes!! When Im that rich, I can get myself some high class hoes when I need them.

I'd probably get a GC4 and Diamond Pro tables, each in its own room. The walls of each room will be decorated with cues that I'd purchase from cue collectors all over the
world. TVs everywhere, at least 16, when NFL Season starts. I will also have a hot Rack Girl. All she does is rack for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I would invite 1 world class player per day to play against.. race to 11 for $10 Million.

Also need a world class chef too....

Iowashark
04-06-2004, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> a beautiful lover( or two,1/2 your age...LOL) <hr /></blockquote>

Let's see, that would make her/them 12 1/2. Not so sure that's legal here in Iowa.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-06-2004, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Iowashark:</font><hr> Let's see, that would make her/them 12 1/2. Not so sure that's legal here in Iowa. <hr /></blockquote>

You'll have to move to Kentucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
04-06-2004, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Iowashark:</font><hr> Let's see, that would make her/them 12 1/2. Not so sure that's legal here in Iowa. <hr /></blockquote>

You'll have to move to Kentucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
ROTFLMAO! (Been there...know just how true that is!!!)

cycopath
04-06-2004, 01:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> C.C.
Might I suggest hiring a couple of drunks to be loud, obnoxious, spill beer on the table, and bump into you when you are just about to pull the trigger?
<hr /></blockquote>

Where do I sign up?

I cheap work *hic*

Kato
04-06-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm thinking something simple.

New Gold Crown
New Diamond Smart Table

I'm thinking about a very nicely stocked bar. I'm thinking Lazy Boy chairs and leather couches. I'm thinking flat screen TV's and all the sports I can handle.

I'm thinking about my own personal Hooters girl, man she's pretty.

What was the question?

Kato

PQQLK9
04-07-2004, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Iowashark:</font><hr> Let's see, that would make her/them 12 1/2. Not so sure that's legal here in Iowa. <hr /></blockquote>

You'll have to move to Kentucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wally I laughed so hard I spilled my coffee. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
04-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Have we met? I know we play at the same places. LOL

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheap9Ball
04-07-2004, 07:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> C.C.~~forgot the lighting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

May I suggest the ultra classy 3 bulb light with the green shades, only one bulb that works, it is the headstring end. The light would be hung real low and at an angle so that it interferes with the breakshot and doesn't put too much light on the table. The (25W) bulb would flicker and go out in an unpredictable manner, and the whole thing is hooked up with speaker wire which has hand twisted, taped-over connections going directly to the smoke maker.

Also, the bathroom door would be directly adjacent to a side pocket, about 2' away. A big chalkboard on the other side with no chalk.

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

Don't forget that the shades on this light absolutely MUST NOT have a round, beaded edge, but rather the sharp edge of molded plastic that not only nicks but actually cuts the wood fibers on your shaft should you accidentally get up into it with your cue... Also make sure that the tables are missing some of the skirting, so that it looks like they never got finished being assembled. Loose sides on the rubber pockets (so that they stick into the opening) are also nice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif