PDA

View Full Version : Centennial cue cases

TommyT
04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know anything about these cases. Are they custom made and where are they made. Are they any good??.And where could they be purchased. I just bought a cue and it came with a centennial case and I want to know more about it.
Thanx..................TommyT /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pizza Bob
04-06-2004, 01:48 PM
TommyT:

Consider yourself a lucky man. Centennial cases are no longer made and, like Fellini's, have fallen into the collector realm. They were a high quality tube-type case with a unique closure system that employed no hardware. There is a teflon bead around the top of the case that formed a seal when the cap is forced over it. These were all real leather and some were embossed with various patterns such as lizard or ostrich. I think they were last made around 1990. What people say they are worth and what you can actually sell them for are usually two different things. The exotic prints definitely bring premium prices, over the more mundane leathers. I had 15 of them several years ago and sold them for anywhere from $115 to $220, but they were bargains, even then. Realistically, I'd expect from $200 to $450 dependent on leather. I really like them - nice clean, uncluttered look. I have three that I kept for myself - an ostrich, an elephant and a bullhide.

Was this with your new Gina Cue?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Scott Lee
04-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Bob...You're right about those Centennial cases. They were excellent...just like the old Fellinis. Fred Agnir had mentioned another casemaker, Thomas Cue Cases, last year. I happen to see his booth this year at VF, and was VERY impressed with his workmanship! His tube-style leather cases are excellent! I had a very tough time finding seams at all! Beautiful work, and a fair price (around $200).

Scott Lee

TommyT
04-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Hey Bob,
Thanks for the response. That their not being made anymore explains why I couldn't find any info on them. The case comes with a Mottey I just bought. By the way the Ginacue hits really nice. Better than the Hercek I traded it for. I love cues.
TommyT

tateuts
04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
I have one too in my collection - gray embossed leather. I think I paid $200 or $250 for it. My end caps are mahogony - but they are made of laminated wood - kind of interesting. Centennial Cases were hand made by Michael Bergman in Houston Texas and were discontinued as Bob said.

I think it's kind of interesting that Fellini, Ann Gore, and Centennial were all out of Texas. They must have used the same supplier for the PVC shell, because the lids on these all fit each other! So do the It's George cases as a matter of fact.

Chris