PDA

View Full Version : My best break

haywood
04-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I heard some years ago that George Breedlove made 7 balls on the break while playing 9 ball on a 9 foot table. As the story goes, he ended up hooked on the remaining 2 balls somehow and had to play a push. I had always assumed that I would never get close to doing anything like that. I assumed wrong.

While playing on the practice bar tables at league tonight, I broke and made 6 balls on the break. Even more amazing is that I just about made 8. I left a ball hanging in one pocket by a hair and another ball within 2 inches of falling (which was on it's way to falling but ran out of gas). Luckily, I didn't have to push out and I finished the running the rack with a total of 4 strokes, including 1 for the break.

My question is, has anyone ever made 8 balls on the break, either on a bar table or a big table? Also, has anyone ever broke and ran a rack in less than 4 strokes without combo'ing the 9? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
04-09-2004, 07:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote haywood:</font><hr>My question is, has anyone ever made 8 balls on the break, either on a bar table or a big table? Also, has anyone ever broke and ran a rack in less than 4 strokes without combo'ing the 9?<hr /></blockquote>No... and No. Sounds like you had fun!

Wally_in_Cincy
04-09-2004, 07:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote haywood:</font><hr>
...has anyone ever made 8 balls on the break...<hr /></blockquote>

Fast Larry made 9

Chris Cass
04-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Hi Wally,

Actually, #### Leonard knows someone that made the entire rack of 9 on the break.

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
04-09-2004, 07:53 AM
I'll settle for six. That will work for me on any size table. Good job! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I saw a trick shot where Scott Lee made nine balls, but not an actual break.

Jim

Sid_Vicious
04-09-2004, 08:05 AM
"Actually, #### Leonard knows someone that made the entire rack of 9 on the break."

That would have been a golden moment in time to have witnessed making an entire rack on the break! sid

haywood
04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
yeah, I had fun....four strokes is usually a great game of 3 ball for me : )

dg-in-centralpa
04-09-2004, 04:11 PM
I once made 5 balls in 9ball on a bar box and got hooked, and 5 balls in 8ball on a bar box. I felt lucky to do that. I never had that many again in 9ball. I've made 4 many times in 8ball.

DG - can't compete with FL