PDA

View Full Version : Why are we warning the French???

eg8r
04-09-2004, 07:04 AM
This article (http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/04/08/france.rail.threat/index.html) bothers me. Why is the US still looking out for the French? They did not believe our Intelligence community prior to the Iraq war, why are they believing them now? Let these people fend for themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
PARIS, France (CNN) -- Police in Paris halted traffic on a commuter train line for about an hour Thursday evening after the United States warned French officials of a possible bomb attack, police said. <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

Chris Cass
04-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Hi Ed,

There's two main reasons. One being that we Americans are human and the other is we love those crissonts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~putting a smile on Ed' face for the day.

SPetty
04-09-2004, 07:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ...and the other is we love those crissonts.<hr /></blockquote>Not to mention french toast and french fries! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Hoping to add to CC's smile this morning...)

Rich R.
04-09-2004, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> They did not believe our Intelligence community prior to the Iraq war, why are they believing them now? <hr /></blockquote>
Prior to the war, we were told, by our Intelligence community, Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. We are still looking for them.
Should we have believed our Intelligence community? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mickey2
04-09-2004, 08:00 AM
&gt;&gt;Let these people fend for themselves.&lt;&lt;

Just to give you something to think about:
French military troops are in Afghanistan, both as part of ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) and operation Enduring Freedom.

eg8r
04-09-2004, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to give you something to think about:
French military troops are in Afghanistan, both as part of ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) and operation Enduring Freedom. <hr /></blockquote> OK, so what is your point. They get to pick and choose when they want to be supportive of our efforts, however expect us to watch their back forever, unconditionally? Think about that.

eg8r

eg8r
04-09-2004, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Prior to the war, we were told, by our Intelligence community, Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. We are still looking for them.
Should we have believed our Intelligence community? <hr /></blockquote> OK, but what is your point? The subject is not whether we should be believing it or not, the subject is about why are we ever bothering to give them any info. Let them find it out themselves.

eg8r

eg8r
04-09-2004, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's two main reasons. One being that we Americans are human and the other is we love those crissonts. <hr /></blockquote> I completely understand your reasoning, and it is definitely not the citizens fault their government acts the way it does, however I think there should be some line in the sand. If the French are not going to be by our side always, why should be be expected to get them out of trouble everytime they need it? When is it alright for us to turn out backs on them the way they do it to us all the time.

As far as putting a smile on my face, you have done it again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif You to Susan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

woody_968
04-09-2004, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ...and the other is we love those crissonts.<hr /></blockquote>Not to mention french toast and french fries! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Hoping to add to CC's smile this morning...) <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, but these items dont even come close to the French kiss /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r
04-09-2004, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but these items dont even come close to the French kiss <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r

Rich R.
04-09-2004, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>OK, but what is your point? The subject is not whether we should be believing it or not, the subject is about why are we ever bothering to give them any info. Let them find it out themselves.<hr /></blockquote>
My point is, that in this particular circumstance, maybe they had better intelligence than we had.
On another point, as average citizens, we have no idea how much intelligence is being shared, with us, by the French. Maybe they give us more than you know about and this is just a point of sharing information.

eg8r
04-09-2004, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My point is, that in this particular circumstance, maybe they had better intelligence than we had. <hr /></blockquote> Then why didn't they act prior to receiving ours?

[ QUOTE ]
On another point, as average citizens, we have no idea how much intelligence is being shared, with us, by the French. Maybe they give us more than you know about and this is just a point of sharing information. <hr /></blockquote> This could be true. I guess I just don't really care, if they are so smart and have such excellent intelligence, then why can't they police/secure themselves? Maybe they can, why won't our admin just enforce it?

eg8r

Rich R.
04-09-2004, 11:58 AM
These are all good questions, which we will never know the answers to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

highsea
04-09-2004, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> This article (http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/04/08/france.rail.threat/index.html) bothers me. Why is the US still looking out for the French? They did not believe our Intelligence community prior to the Iraq war, why are they believing them now? Let these people fend for themselves.
<hr /></blockquote>
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I would be disturbed if we did not warn ANY country if we had intelligence about a terrorist attack. This applies to friend and foe alike, simply because it is the civilians that would suffer the attack.

The US must lead the war on terrorism by example.

-CM

Kato
04-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Plus I guess we still owe them for French Kissing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~shoulda read all the posts before posting this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chris Cass
04-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Hi Rich,

I'm not sure if we did have that information. It could have been all a move? Either way, what ever we get we have to take for real. Regardsless who it's from. If that stuff was mobile than, we'll never find it. Imho

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
04-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Hi Ed,

It's our reputation. We as a country have always been known to get in everyones business. Take Veitnam for instance. We also needed to erase the look of that war. Leaving are boys to get shot up when our government could have untied their hands and let our boys do their job. We got our asses kicked for nothing. They didn't want us there no way.

Anyway, our gov looked like a bunch of pi$$ants. Guess, they needed to make a point or two showing we could finish a job we start. The French will get theirs too. Then they'll see why we do the things we do. Imho

Regards,

C.C.

KevinT
04-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Because it's the right thing to do. Just because they have disagreed with the the United States does not make them the enemy. Anyway, I don't think extra efforts were made to root out threats to France. It was probably just uncovered in routine intelligence operations.

mickey2
04-11-2004, 04:48 AM
&gt;&gt;What is your Point.&lt;&lt;

Itís rather simple. France is still an important and active partner for the USA.

&gt;&gt; They get to pick and choose when they want to be supportive of our efforts &lt;&lt;
Do you really expect that countries go for war because the USA wants it?
France, like many other countries, decided that the given reasons are not sufficient to attack another country. Itís not only their right, but their responsibility to make their own decisions in a case like this.

eg8r
04-12-2004, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I don't think extra efforts were made to root out threats to France. It was probably just uncovered in routine intelligence operations. <hr /></blockquote> You are probably correct.

eg8r

PQQLK9
04-12-2004, 11:23 AM
It's a no-brainer...Dubya likes those LePro tips /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

#### leonard
04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Here is my take we elect a Texas Gov and VP from Texas who move to Montana so he could be on the Ticket. Most of the bases are located in Texas and then these idiots lead us to War benefiting the companies that supply the war products etc.

They might have spent 200,000 to bring down the WT towers and we spend 500 billion to show them how tough we are and then they show us we are pretty stupid by killing 4 times as many men as we lost winning the so called war.

Now our country can be attacked by anyone because we have Weapons of Mass destruction. ####

HOWARD
04-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Ed,

I usually do not bother with your diatribes.

However our relationship with the French goes a little
beyond the two years that seem to offend you.

But in a word why warn the French the word is Decency.

Howard

eg8r
04-13-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually do not bother with your diatribes.
<hr /></blockquote> Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
But in a word why warn the French the word is Decency.
<hr /></blockquote> You are probably right.

eg8r &lt;~~~Thinks it is funny when they start out with the jab