PDA

View Full Version : Hello to All...

poolplayer1988
04-09-2004, 08:35 AM
I just wanted to formally introduce myself to everyone. My name is Doug Talbot, and I'm from Martinsville, VA. Currently, I play on the KBP Carolina Amateur Tour, and, if all goes as planned, will be playing in the US Open this year. Not only is this a lifelong dream of mine, but it's also a step in my recovery from Panic Disorder (Panic Attacks). Only a few years ago, I was home- and bedridden because of severe Panic Attacks and Agoraphobia. I have come a LONG way back since then, and have actually accomplished more since my PA's than before I ever had them. Traveling is a big deal to me, and simply traveling to the US Open for me will be a feat. Once I'm there, though, along with the support of my wife, I will be playing with the "big boys", so to speak. This is just a simple hello to all, and I would appreciate your support and friendship.
Thanks
Doug /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PQQLK9
04-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Welcome aboard Doug...go easy on the continue button. You could become the fastest Carpal Tunnel in CCB history /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

poolplayer1988
04-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Yeah, my computer froze up and the mouse wouldn't move, so of course I do what most do. Click, click, click repeatedly on the button. Then, all of a sudden, it decides to work and voila!, almost a dozen repeats of the same post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Crap! Sorry, you guys!

Ken
04-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Hope you make it to the Open. I may be there and will look for you if you make it to the final 32.

This software has a feature that will delete posts.
Ken in CT

Wally_in_Cincy
04-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Good luck in the Open. See you there.

woody_968
04-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Welcome, and good luck on the open!

Rich R.
04-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Welcome Doug and good luck in the Open.
Many of us will be there for your support.
When things are getting tough, just look in the crowd for someone from the CCB.
We're easy to find. We all look like this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
04-09-2004, 09:51 AM
BTW Doug, you can go back in and delete those extra posts, if you care to.

poolplayer1988
04-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Rich, how do you delete the extra posts? Thanks for the help.

PQQLK9
04-09-2004, 10:26 AM
open your original post and click on EDIT

poolplayer1988
04-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Rich,

It gave me a message that said it could not find the original, and would not let me edit. Crap!

PQQLK9
04-09-2004, 10:56 AM
you need to go to each post that you want to delete

poolplayer1988
04-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Did that. It says:

There was a problem looking up the post in our database.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

PQQLK9
04-09-2004, 11:06 AM
mailto:webmaster@billiardsdigest.com
send a msg. to CCB Admin. and they will do it.
Actually its no big deal /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stickman
04-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Good luck to you, Doug. We'll root for you! I have a similar disorder. I have irritable bowel symptom. Too much physical exertion or nerves can cause me to become terribly sick. I've gotten sick playing a match when I got too excited, and had to forfeit. I've been laid out for an hour or more at times. I've gotten better, but it's always a possibility for me. The more I play, I seem to control the nerves better. I don't know what there is too be nervous about. I never saw anyone die or sustain bodily harm in a pool match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best of luck again, Jim

Rich R.
04-09-2004, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolplayer1988:</font><hr> Did that. It says:

There was a problem looking up the post in our database.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.
<hr /></blockquote>
The web master may be in the process of deleting them for you. It is really no big deal. If it happens again, as these computers have a mind of their own at times, you know how to get rid of them.

See you at the Open.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-09-2004, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr>
....I never saw anyone die or sustain bodily harm in a pool match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You've never been to Hamiltucky.

One of our league members just got out of prison. He did 8 months for whacking a guy in the head with a Valley house cue for shooting air barrels.

The guy died but it was 4 days later and he did not go to the hospital so the whacker was able to plead to manslaughter.

stickman
04-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Yipes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-09-2004, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Yipes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

true story.

happened at barney's bar, known for high stakes action years ago, not so much anymore.

same place 6 years ago 2 old guys beat 2 young ne'er-do-wells out of $500. the youths followed the old guys out and the young toughs used one old man's head as a football.

he died.

the youths now reside at Lebanon correctional institution for a 30-year stint.

we play at barney's a few times a year. beer is cheap there.

PQQLK9
04-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Almost sounds like the Dennis Hatch story...shhhh...hope his girlfriend is not lurking /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Popcorn
04-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Welcome, you can't have enough friends. You never know when you may be somewhere and need someone to free load off of. I hope you have an extra bedroom.

Pelican
04-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Mighty welcome to ya Doug. Now go to the Open and kick some butt.

Oh, I hope that extra bedroom has a bunkbed (Popcorn - I get the top).

Good luck, Pel

Pelican
04-09-2004, 04:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr>I never saw anyone die or sustain bodily harm in a pool match.<hr /></blockquote>

In 1986 when I stood up and stepped back from the table I tore the cartlidge in my knee. Had to have orthoscopic surgery.

Bob
04-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Welcome Poolplayer 1998!
Welcome Poolplayer 1998!
Welcome Poolplayer 1998!
Welcome Poolplayer 1998!
Welcome Poolplayer 1998!
Welcome Poolplayer 1998!
Welcome aboard!

Bob and Eydie Romano

stickman
04-09-2004, 04:39 PM
I often hear those in dangerous sports counter by saying you can die by just crossing the street. Death and injury chances are greater by participating in dangerous sports. Maybe pool is more dangerous than I realize. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some of the league locations could be thought of as being dangerous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

poolplayer1988
04-09-2004, 06:07 PM
I highly appreciate all of you guys' support. Year before last I tried to go to the Open just to watch, but couldn't make it because of my Panic Attacks. I'm ready now, though. I've been to Myrtle Beach and traveled alot since then, so hopefully no problems.

I hope that when I get down there, I will be privileged enough to meet you guys. I think I read that you guys have a tournament at Q-Masters? If so, fill me in and maybe I can play and meet alot of you guys.

Doug

cueball1950
04-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey. I know where martinsville is. Went thru there twice last year while going back and forth from Va beach to Sky line Drive and the Blue ridge parkway. Pretty country there. You have entered the one arena where you will get alot of support. So grab a drink, A bag of chips, sit down and enjoy the ride.. See you at the Open/////////mike

Wally_in_Cincy
04-10-2004, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolplayer1988:</font><hr>
...I think I read that you guys have a tournament at Q-Masters? If so, fill me in and maybe I can play and meet alot of you guys.

Doug <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah. This year will be the third annual. If there's no hurricane.

It will be discussed extensively later on this summer. Keep your eyes open for threads with "CCB OPEN" in the title.

Rich R.
04-10-2004, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> This year will be the third annual. If there's no hurricane. <hr /></blockquote>
We had the second annual, with a hurricane.
Why would we let a little hurricane interfere with the third annual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
04-10-2004, 10:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> When things are getting tough, just look in the crowd for someone from the CCB.
We're easy to find. We all look like this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Actually Rich, alot of us look like this /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gifat the Open.

See ya there Doug. Welcome.

Kato

CarolNYC
04-11-2004, 04:10 AM
HELLO!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
04-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi there Doug
Welcome to the CCB. Best of luck with your plans for the open, and good luck on the Fury tour as well. Hope you like the new cue!
See ya in Charlotte in two weeks, I hope.
Steve