PDA

View Full Version : For those going to Vegas...

rackmup
04-28-2002, 04:49 PM
Do me a favor while you are there; I moved from Summerlin (a suburb in the NW Vegas Valley) almost two years ago. I will not be in Vegas so try these few things (the stuff that I miss) for me, then tell me all about it upon your return. I will live vicariously through your stories:

<ul type="square"> Eat at the seafood buffet at the Rio.
Order the "Andouille Crusted Catfish" at "Emeril's New Orleans Fish House."
Do some shopping at the NIKE store at the outlet mall.
Eat a "Fatburger" with onion rings at any of the "Fatburger" locations.
Tell my best friend, Eddie, hello.
Catch a "Danny Gans" show. You won't regret it.
Ride the "Big Shot" at the "Stratosphere."
Ride the roller coster at the "New York, New York."
Eat a steak at "The All American Grille."
Catch 2-for-1 "Happy Hour" at the "OutBack" in Summerlin.
Hit a "Mega-Bucks" jackpot for a few million.
Play well and bring home a little pocket change from the side action.
Be safe.
[/list]

Have fun Vegas-bound CCB'ers!

Regards,

Ken

Barbara
04-28-2002, 05:00 PM
The seafood buffett at the Rio is THE BEST!!!

I start with the crabs legs, throw a couple oysters in, more crab legs, a brewski or two, more crab legs, and for dessert, guess what?! Clams!!! Ha! Fooled y'all!!

Barbara~~~Rio, here I come!!!

Rip
04-28-2002, 05:35 PM
The GC's at the Cue Club all have fresh 860 waiting for the CCBrs to enjoy. Last year, Ernesto was not able to take care of them prior to the BCA &amp; APA annual migration and the tables were in poor condition. There will surely be lots of action this year at the Cue Club so I'm glad the tables were recovered last week. Maybe I'll run into some of you upstairs at the Riv or at the Cue Club. You'll be able to pick me out of the crowd...I'll be the one that needs the last two! Viva Las Vegas, Rip

Rod
04-28-2002, 05:41 PM
Ken, if I took a ride on the Big Shot, I wouldn't have to worry about anything. I'd be a dead duck!! or toss my Fatburger on, well you get the idea!

cuechick
04-28-2002, 09:34 PM
I'll skip Fatburger and head to In &amp; Out instead...can't wait, just 11 more days!

rackmup
04-29-2002, 05:57 AM
Cuechick,

I used to be an In-and-Out advocate...until I discovered FatBurger! If you have never had one, you owe it to yourself to try one. The burgers are fresher, the fries make the others look pathetic and the hand-battered onion rings will make you weak in the knees.

Think of the greatest moment in your lifetime, that one relationship that made your heart flutter, that one instance when you said to yourself "This could be the ONE."

Now, multiply that by 10 when you eat a FatBurger and Onion Rings.

I'm not kidding...the pleasures of the FatBurger are NOT for the weak of heart! And yes...a FatBurger WILL make you play better.

Regards,

Ken (don't forget the CHEESE!)

cuechick
04-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Sorry Ken, I grew up in L.A., so I know Fatburgers well, and Tommy's; but In &amp; Out is MY favorite! The double double ANIMAL style is what makes me drool. I think is the purity of the idea and faithfullness to the pledge...I don't know, but I love it!
Though, the one that just might surpass it, and you can only get it in Pasadena, is the Wolf Burger and they have the best onion rings. Though the peppermill can fill that void in Vegas!

Eric.
04-29-2002, 08:24 AM
I'm thinking about going the 16-19th and was wondering which CCB'ers are gonna be there? If anyone is into it, I wouldn't mind getting together.

Eric &gt;no strangers, just friends I haven't met

Rod
04-29-2002, 01:00 PM
Cuechick, I lived in the LA area four years. I never knew about Tommy's until several years later, when we went to the Winternationals. It was the one at the Rampart exit downtown. I remember a Big burger, thick slice of onion, thick slice of tomato, and a cup of chili. Whew, I could hardly walk! We went there every year afterwards.