PDA

View Full Version : Pool hall in southwest Chicago??

irunrax
04-09-2004, 05:01 PM
I will be in southwest chicago next weekend and am looking for a nice poolhall to shoot in. I usually shoot a Cue-Time in Lyons Il. Maybe someone would like to shoot some?? Thanks, David

dmgwalsh
04-11-2004, 06:29 AM
I'm not available to shoot next weekend because I'm taking care of my Dad. However, if you wanted to know the names of some joints, there's a new place at about 133rd and Cicero called Pockets that looks nice. Red Shoes is at 119th and Pulaski in Alsip and it's a good place. There's Viking tournament next weekend at Palce in Villa Park (Not southwest). There's another place at about 151st and LaGrange. Lots of kids play there. Dennis

BLACKHEART
04-11-2004, 08:30 AM
How's your new Q play???...JER

dmgwalsh
04-12-2004, 05:29 AM
It's got a nice feel to it and a nice look. I'm missing my long shots a little bit with it, but that's probably just me. I had picked up a Bludworth sp off ebay for $200 and his cue got to me before yours. His is a little heavier and I was using it for a few weeks and on the long shots the cue didn't waver as much.
I guess I have a tendency not to keep my stroke steady all the way through. I shot some straight with yours last night and it felt very nice. Dennis

Scott Lee
04-12-2004, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> there's a new place at about 133rd and Cicero called Pockets that looks nice. <hr /></blockquote>

Pockets is without a doubt, the nicest room on the south side of Chicago. 30 brand new GCIV's, and lots of room around them. I played there 3 times last month, before I left the area.

Scott Lee