PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Table need help.

lonzo1
04-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Looking to buy a table, got a line on an Imperial brand, Cape Town model for 1200. Looking at brunswick and Olhausen too. Is Imperial a good brand? Please advise

kyhogan
04-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Well I know you can't buy a new brunswick or olhausen for 1200. Are you looking for new or used.

Ken
04-09-2004, 07:37 PM
The Cape Town looks like a good table. K Mart has them with Queen Anne legs in mahogany for $2300. No lights, cues or balls. 8 foot home size, but with a 1 inch slate. A bit on the small side for serious play and will feel somewhat like a bar table. The price at Online Sports is $1684 plus shipping.

The Cape Town seems to be about the top of their line. Several of the other tables I would pretty much consider junk compared to what you can get used. Also, one piece slate is a bit unusual and not easy to deal with.

I would look at other tables preferably used from Brunswick and Olhausen to see if the $1200 can come close to buying one of those. Some of their cheaper models should be around that price.

Hard to say if the top Imperial model would be equivalent to the bottom model of a commercial brand. You should be able to find many used tables for around $1200.
Ken in CT

kyhogan
04-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Shoppers we have a blue light special in the pool table isle.