PDA

View Full Version : Harold's payoff and CarolNYC

Barbara
04-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Okay, so Harold Acosta couldn't make it to the Expo and needed to update his business cards for the players down there that might need supplies and whatnot. I couldn't be the runner to do this so I put up a 2 lb bag of nuts to the person who could. Harold, in return, offered a bag of Puerto Rican expresso to the person who would do this, too.

Carol comes in Saturday night and like the Tasmanian Devil she is, proceeds to get over 70 cards, a Billiards Workbook coffee mug, and an Expo shirt. So then she sends me this package. I should've taken a pic of it because I know I won't be doing this justice. This package was about the size of a shoe box and wrapped with what had to have been a roll of duct tape. Yep, good ole duct tape. Pete took it in off the steps last Saturday and didn't stop laughing for an hour. I swear, if I didn't know it was from Carol, I'd be calling the bomb squad.

So I take it to the PO and they won't accept the damn thing as it is and I have to re-package it. Well, I couldn't let Harold miss out on the beauty of Carol's work, so I found a bigger box to put it in. Harold, you'll have it by next Friday. Good luck in opening it!! I want to know how many knives it took to cut through all that duct tape!.

In the meantime, Harold sends me and Carol his expresso. Carol emails me and tells me it's good, but a little strong. Heck, it's expresso, it's supposed to be strong, but since this is Carol talking and she makes coffee nervous, I'm paying attention. So I get my expresso and I'm reading the directions in espanol and I can't figure out the spanish word for the measurement - cucharaditas. I pm Harold to translate this word and he says the directions call for 2 TEASPOONS and don't confuse it for 2 TABLESPOONS. Got it!

I email Carol and she tells me she was using 2 SCOOPS!! I am sitting here LMAO with tears in my eyes imagining Carol bouncing off the walls like a superball on this expresso.

Sorry Carol, I just had to share!! Love ya!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

PQQLK9
04-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Nice story Barbara, sorry I missed you at VF but Carol has enough energy to make up for all I missed. She is Marvelooouusss /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-10-2004, 08:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
...Good luck in opening it!! I want to know how many knives it took to cut through all that duct tape!....<hr /></blockquote>

Barbara,

Years ago I would mail to my buddy in Texas some small amounts of....ahem....green vegetation which was unavailable to him in his area. I taped those containers up real good and he would always call me and holler at me because it took him 20 minutes to open and he would be jonesing the whole time /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally~~thinks maybe Carol doesn't need 2 scoops from what I have heard.

CarolNYC
04-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Yep, it was the size of a wide shoebox and only 3/4 of a roll of duct-tape,ha ha ha! (there was alot of things in it and I didnt want it to open)I had to make sure!:)
Its so funny ,because ,when I was on line at the P.O., a woman in front of me said "they arent going to take that with duct tape on it" Apparently, she had to go home because she had wrapped her package with a few pieces of duct tape and they wouldnt take it-why on earth did they let me send it?
Sorry you had to hassle,Barb!
As for the contents, every vendor was wonderful-I knew many of them, so, if they didnt have any business cards, they gave me what they had and I thought that was pretty cool!:)
Now for the coffee, I thought it said two scoops, NOT two tsp. ha ha ha ha-and I could go on and on and on and on........................ but , I gotta go ,gotta go, gotta go,the windows need washing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~playing pool after I do the windows!

Barbara
04-10-2004, 02:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Barbara,

Years ago I would mail to my buddy in Texas some small amounts of....ahem....green vegetation which was unavailable to him in his area. I taped those containers up real good and he would always call me and holler at me because it took him 20 minutes to open and he would be jonesing the whole time /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally~~thinks maybe Carol doesn't need 2 scoops from what I have heard. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally,

Carol doesn't even need coffee - she has that much energy! Expresso? It's like adding more octane to jet fuel! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm glad I found another box to put it in. I was sure going to dread trying to get through all that tape for fear of accidentally cutting something - like me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I'm proud of you sending veggies to Texas! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Barbara

Barbara
04-10-2004, 02:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Now for the coffee, I thought it said two scoops, NOT two tsp. ha ha ha ha-and I could go on and on and on and on........................ but , I gotta go ,gotta go, gotta go,the windows need washing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~playing pool after I do the windows!
<hr /></blockquote>

And there you have it! Pool's own Energizer Bunny!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~LMAO... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
04-10-2004, 02:57 PM
You go that right, Dawg!

Barbara

Troy
04-10-2004, 03:11 PM
PRICELESS /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-10-2004, 03:24 PM
"....ahem....green vegetation which was unavailable to him in his area."

Is Sid reading between the "conservative lines" correctly Wally? Hell Man, I'm proud of ya', but "What happened to you later in your life???sid

CarolNYC
04-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Washed the windows,played 5 racks,mowed the lawn, polished the bike,washed the car, walked the dog and still going.....................!ha ha ha ha ha
THANKS Harold!:)
Carol~all in just an hour,ha ha ha ha!

cueball1950
04-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Carol... i had better send you a bag of Pure Kona coffee from Hawaii to calm you down girl. Bouncung off the walls will only put dents in them................mike

Rod
04-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Barbara, that is just too funny. The Bunny doesn't stand a chance. Too Scoops, Ha Ha Ha! Although I have never met Carol in person I'd better get in shape just to meet her! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

CarolNYC
04-11-2004, 04:08 AM
Hiya Mike,
Yep, Kona would calm me down compared to Harolds coffee-ha ha ha ha,I'll save Harolds for an emergency!
Hey Mike, to you and EVERYONE else, Have a Nice Easter!
Carol~going to my brothers as the Easter "energizer"
bunny!ha ha ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rich R.
04-11-2004, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Carol doesn't even need coffee - she has that much energy! Expresso? It's like adding more octane to jet fuel! HAHAHAHAHA!!!<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> this is Carol talking and she makes coffee nervous <hr /></blockquote>
For those few, who do not know Carol, don't think that Barbara's descriptions of Carol are exaggerations. These are perfect descriptions of Carol.

Carol is all energy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wish she could sell me some. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheesemouse
04-11-2004, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "....ahem....green vegetation which was unavailable to him in his area."

Is Sid reading between the "conservative lines" correctly Wally? Hell Man, I'm proud of ya', but "What happened to you later in your life???sid <hr /></blockquote>

Sid,

I think Wally still eats his VEGGIES but now he does soooo in order to appreciate the humor in talk radio and FOX news...

cheesemouse
04-11-2004, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Washed the windows,played 5 racks,mowed the lawn, polished the bike,washed the car, walked the dog and still going.....................!ha ha ha ha ha
THANKS Harold!:)
Carol~all in just an hour,ha ha ha ha! <hr /></blockquote>

Carol,

Have you ever darned a hole in your husbands sock while it was still on his foot???......if you have did you ever go by the name of Mary Sunflower back in the mid 70's.....we may have lived together.....LOL...

stickman
04-11-2004, 09:28 PM
I've never met Carol, but I've always imagined that she didn't need a cafeine high. She always sounds like a ball of fire anyway. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

eg8r
04-12-2004, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Sid reading between the "conservative lines" correctly Wally? <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I think you are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally and Bush are very middle of the road when it comes to politics. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r

eg8r
04-12-2004, 08:00 AM
You guys are too funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Two scoops you say?

eg8r

CarolNYC
04-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Hey there Cheesemouse,
No, my husband doesnt have holes in his socks, I do!And if he sees it, he rips it apart,ha ha ha ha-so, never" darned " a sock!
Hmmmm, Mary Sunflower........doesnt ring a bell, but maybe we lived together in another life! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
You stay well,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Jim,
Im sure one day we will meet-our paths have to cross somewhere!
Take care,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
04-12-2004, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish she could sell me some <hr /></blockquote>

Oh, like you need energy!
For those of you who have not met Rich and Kathy yet, they are what I call the "places to go, people to see, money to spend" couple!
Almost every weekend, they are somewhere,maybe Manhatten at a play, maybe a baseball game,etc.
Talk about energy-you guys rock!
love ya,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Hi Eg8r,
We got it under control,ha ha ha ha-my nephew was over (his family is from Puerto Rico) and he goofed on me too-we're doing the 2 tsp. deal now-much better!
Carol~was able to sleep last night,ha ha ha!

CarolNYC
04-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi Rod,
Dont believe EVERYTHING they say-I "do" have some calm moments,I think! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Now, if I could convert the physical energy to mental energy and apply it on the damn table, I'd be in great shape! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
04-12-2004, 08:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> You guys are too funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Two scoops you say?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Pete and I made some of the expresso after dinner Saturday night. We put 2 teaspoons in the coffee filter and brewed it. Well, it was pretty weak so we did the "Carol two scoop". It was great!! Absolutely delicious!

So I pm'd Harold about what gives with the measurement and how does he make his. Well, he uses an "expresso kettle" that pushes the water through the expresso a lot of times instead of a coffee maker that pushes the water through once. That's the difference!!

Barbara~~~looking for an expresso kettle today...

SPetty
04-12-2004, 09:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> ...looking for an expresso kettle today...<hr /></blockquote>If you have a bit of difficulty finding what you're looking for, try changing the spelling to espresso...

Barbara
04-12-2004, 09:18 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Okay, you and Carol should get together!! With her talent with duct tape and yours for creating airline carrying cases, you two could take the world!!

Barbara

SPetty
04-12-2004, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> With her talent with duct tape and yours for creating airline carrying cases, you two could take the world!!<hr /></blockquote>Just in case you've forgotten, the case is wrapped with duct tape!
http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/case.jpg

Barbara
04-12-2004, 09:33 AM
We are going to see that Bad Boy at the Open, aren't we?

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
04-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Barbara - you should buy an espresso machine, similar to a coffee pot but smaller. I drink my espresso black but with a shot of Amaretto. What a high!

DG - loves espresso and the Amaretto's not bad either

Barbara
04-12-2004, 03:07 PM
dg,

Just give me an excuse to buy a kitchen gadget!! I'm looking for a stove top model. I definitely don't want another counter top appliance. The stove top models are ranging from $14 to $30, depending on size.

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Barbara - the counter top version can be stored in a cabinet. It makes an excellent small pot of espresso. Unfortunately I can't drink it as much as I'd like to(doctor's orders, high blood pressure). Otherwise I'd have it several times a week and I would have gotten all the business cards instead of CarolNYC. HAHAHA!

DG - still drinks it once in awhile

CarolNYC
04-13-2004, 03:40 AM
Barb,
I have a "Krups" espresso machine:

http://www.wholelattelove.com/Krups/novoplus.cfm

I drink cappuccino every once in awhile-I put the "two scoops through this machine-big mistake,ha ha ha-thats why I said it was so strong!
While your shopping for an espresso maker, take a coffee filter, put in the two tsp. and tie the top with string-throw it in the pot and boil it-you'll be amazed to see how strong the coffee gets-my nephews Mom has a reusable cotton pullstring bag she uses and boils milk on the side!
Carol~can make angels and butterflies out of coffee filters! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara
04-13-2004, 07:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Barb,
I have a "Krups" espresso machine:

http://www.wholelattelove.com/Krups/novoplus.cfm

I drink cappuccino every once in awhile-I put the "two scoops through this machine-big mistake,ha ha ha-thats why I said it was so strong!
Carol~can make angels and butterflies out of coffee filters! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

So how many days was it before you could go to sleep?!!

Barbara~~~two scoops! two scoops! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-13-2004, 07:57 AM
WHATS TODAY?
LMAO

9 Ball Girl
04-13-2004, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> my nephews Mom has a reusable cotton pullstring bag she uses and boils milk on the side! <hr /></blockquote>Do you mean one of these:

http://www.cubanfoodmarket.com/Merchant2/col40401l.jpg
That's what my Mom uses to make coffee at home. The very old fashioned way. LOL

CarolNYC
04-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Same cone-shape,Wendy, only she could pull the top tight /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif-just like you said "the old-fashioned" way!
Carol

9 Ball Girl
04-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Ah so the pulling of the string is for squeezing out the coffee, eh? That's the upgraded version I guess. LOL My mom has to press a spoon against the bottom of the sieve to squeeze out the coffee.

CarolNYC
04-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Wendy,
Thats too funny-"upgraded version" ha ha ha ha!

Barbara
04-13-2004, 10:13 PM
And you know I put tracking on it and this afternoon it said it was still in Jersey. Geez!!

But Harold got it!! Woohoo!!!

Barbara~~~getting a stovetop espresso maker by this weekend... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
04-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Got the package today. Barbara had told me about the duct tape but !@#$%^ I just couldn't believe it! Nonetheless, Carol had the great idea of not wanting anyone at the post office to "accidently" open that baby!

Contents included:

Predator T-shirt, Fury T-shirt, Super-billiard-expo sweatshirt, Fury patch, O-zone billiard (beer) holders, Run-out key chain, Sarah Rousey signed foto, Professor Q-Balls newspaper, Super-Expo program book, Inside Pool magazine with Ewa on the cover!, Pool and Billiard Magazine, Billiards Workbook Mug, JAB Cues catalog, Mueller's catalog, Joe Porper's catalog, Corey Deuel poster jumping a ball over a brick wall on a table, Ozone Billiards Catolog, and a zillion business cards, too many to type up!. Nonetheless, one that stands out is from Christian Pool-players Association with Jim Mazzulla's picture on it. Great presentation card.

It was just great receiving that package and I thank Barbara and Carol for such a great gesture and to anyone else who helped collecting those items!

I haven't been to the Expo since 2000 but I will certainly have to do something next year!

Good to know that that Carol and Barbara are having a blast with the Puerto Rican coffee!

CarolNYC
04-14-2004, 03:22 AM
Ha Ha HA,Harold,
I worked in Brooklyn GPO for two years,so they couldve thrown that baby a mile, it wasnt gonna open /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It was my pleasure,ENJOY and believe me when I say "it was the vendors"who gave what they had-the only thing from me ,was the SuperExpo sweatshirt-hope it all fit!
I really enjoyed doing this, because, it also gave me a chance to talk to all the vendors and especially to 'THANK" J.Pechauer for sponsoring our NEWT tour,which may I add, is wonderfully run by Barbara!
Take care Harold!
Carol~have to go buy more duct tape! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara
04-14-2004, 09:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Got the package today. Barbara had told me about the duct tape but !@#$%^ I just couldn't believe it! Nonetheless, Carol had the great idea of not wanting anyone at the post office to "accidently" open that baby!

<font color="blue">I should've taken a picture! Come to think of it, if there could have been a bomb inside of that package and it exploded, I doubt it would have done any damage.</font color>

Contents included:

Predator T-shirt, Fury T-shirt, Super-billiard-expo sweatshirt, Fury patch, O-zone billiard (beer) holders, Run-out key chain, Sarah Rousey signed foto, Professor Q-Balls newspaper, Super-Expo program book, Inside Pool magazine with Ewa on the cover!, Pool and Billiard Magazine, Billiards Workbook Mug, JAB Cues catalog, Mueller's catalog, Joe Porper's catalog, Corey Deuel poster jumping a ball over a brick wall on a table, Ozone Billiards Catolog, and a zillion business cards, too many to type up!. Nonetheless, one that stands out is from Christian Pool-players Association with Jim Mazzulla's picture on it. Great presentation card.

<font color="blue">All of THAT was in there? Damn Girl! It was a freaking SHOEBOX!!</font color>

It was just great receiving that package and I thank Barbara and Carol for such a great gesture and to anyone else who helped collecting those items!

I haven't been to the Expo since 2000 but I will certainly have to do something next year!

Good to know that that Carol and Barbara are having a blast with the Puerto Rican coffee!

<font color="blue">Two scoops!! Two scoops!!</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

You're very welcome Harold!

Barbara

CarolNYC
04-15-2004, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All of THAT was in there? Damn Girl! It was a freaking SHOEBOX!! <hr /></blockquote>

Ha Ha HA-SEE! Never judge a book by its cover!LMAO!

Thanks again,Barb!

See ya!
Carol
Oh, I bought a container of CHOCOLATE-COVERED Vodka shots on Easter!I'll bring you some at our next event! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Harold Acosta
04-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks for everything Carol. The sweatshirt was great but confiscated by my wife since I'm a big fella (3X). She goes everywhere with me, so I know she'll use it for one of our tournaments in P.R.

Barbara
04-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Harold,

Today I went out at lunch and bought a "stovetop" espresso maker, espresso cups and saucers, and demitasse spoons.

I'll do the espresso right this time!

Barbara~~~new toys! new toys!

Stretch
05-14-2005, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> my nephews Mom has a reusable cotton pullstring bag she uses and boils milk on the side! <hr /></blockquote>Do you mean one of these:

http://www.cubanfoodmarket.com/Merchant2/col40401l.jpg
That's what my Mom uses to make coffee at home. The very old fashioned way. LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Old fahioned? Did you ever have Camp Coffee?. Boil water pour in grounds, stir. Then swing container at arms length all the way around, and keep doing the round the world with it for a while. Syntrifical force keeps the water in the containor (hopefully) and drives the grounds to the bottom. Carefully pour coffee out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I LMAO when i heard Barbara's story. Carol "two scoops" Clark. I LIKE IT!! lol for a min. there i thought it was something else.

PS. Atlantic Canadians have the dubvious honour of haveing the highest per capita consumption of coffee than anywhere in the world.....thanks to Tim Horton's and a score of other drive through windows on every corner 24/7.