PDA

View Full Version : Mickelson Wins!

PQQLK9
04-11-2004, 03:51 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Finally!
http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/homepage/hp4-11-04e.jpg

cheesemouse
04-11-2004, 04:24 PM
That was the best final 18 I've ever seen at the Masters...just great to watch....talk about holding it together at crunch time.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
04-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Fabulous stuff. Best final 9 ever, IMO. Even better than '98, IMO. Perfect ending, and nice way to knock the "no heart" baloney off his back.

Fred

wolfdancer
04-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Nick, not just "finally"..he won under extreme pressure, 3 shots down at one point, on the back nine.I've never seen Phil drive the ball better...great match,,,too bad Ernie came up one short

Predator314
04-12-2004, 07:44 AM
I was having a hard time pulling for one person at the beginning of round 4. I really was wanting Tiger to make a surge and make it interesting. I was pulling for Phil to win his first. I love Els' easy swing and the similar ease that Fred Couples has in his swing.

After hole #12, there was no questioning who I was rooting for. I was actually shooting pool at the Moose Lodge and watching the tournament at the same time. I quit shooting when Phil teed off 16 and watched the end of the tournament. When that last putt trickled in, the few people that were in the lodge went wild.

That's the best masters I've ever watched.

Keith Talent
04-12-2004, 03:06 PM
I walked in and flipped it on, and Phil was walking onto the 18th. I had no idea what the situation was. From the way he was smiling after the other guy blasted out of the bunker into his line, I figured all he needed to do was three-putt for the win.

I don't really follow golf much, but I really enjoyed seeing the reaction when that putt went in. That smile tells me he was feeling loose and confident, which is probably why that ball fell. Great to see him get some redemption.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-16-2004, 12:19 PM
I culled this from a commentary on Jim Rome's website:
========================================

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rome:</font><hr>Phil Mickelson told USA Today that he hasnít given much thought to his championís dinner next year at Augusta. The winner of the previous yearís tournament gets to select the menu for the following yearís dinner of former champions. <font color="red">ďI hadnít really thought about it, but I love a little lobster ravioli and a creamy tomato sauce, a little garlic bread and a Caesarís salad. But whoís thinking about it?Ē</font color> Hefty. Whoís thinking about it? You, thatís who, who else rattles off a full menu off the top of their head, ĎIf they havenít been thinking about ití? You, thatís who, and maybe Craig Stadler, but thatís it.
<hr /></blockquote>

Rome cracks me up /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif