PDA

View Full Version : best cue for under $225

JonM
04-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Hi, I've been playing pool seriously for about 7 months now and I'm tired of using the house cues. So, now I am looking to purchase a cue for under $225. I'm not sure to what brand I want to get, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

buddha162
04-12-2004, 04:16 AM
Joss.

Best deals are on Ebay.

-Roger

dmgwalsh
04-12-2004, 05:23 AM
If you are just interested in the hit and not the frills, You might be able to get a Blackheart sneaky pete for somewhere around that price.Maybe $25 more than you've budgeted. you can sometimes get a Bludworth Sneaky Pete off ebay for a little over $200. They are both good cues.

Leviathan
04-12-2004, 05:51 AM
I'd consider a Huebler AS-H1 sneaky pete (about $150) with an extra factory-fitted shaft (another $75). Very good cue for the money, and an extra shaft can come in handy.--AS

Chris Cass
04-12-2004, 06:14 AM
Szamboti, South West, Samsara, Pfd, the list goes on.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

Predator314
04-12-2004, 06:24 AM
I would look at Lucasi, Joss, Viking, and Fury cues in that price range. They all are good cues and there are a lot of different models that will fit your budget.

Chris Cass
04-12-2004, 06:35 AM
Ok,

I was being a smart guy. Try, Viking, Lucasi and most of the billiard sites like Billiardswarehouse.com Most of these sites have something in your range.

Good Luck,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-12-2004, 06:53 AM
You can get a good American made McDermott for that.

Fred Agnir
04-12-2004, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JonM:</font><hr> Hi, I've been playing pool seriously for about 7 months now and I'm tired of using the house cues. So, now I am looking to purchase a cue for under $225. I'm not sure to what brand I want to get, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you <hr /></blockquote>
JOSS.

Fred

SpiderMan
04-12-2004, 10:00 AM
You can get a good production cue for that money, in many of the brands already mentioned. Keep in mind that the quality of these cues will vary considerably from sample to sample. If possible, buy it from a place that has dozens of cues in your price range, so that you can look at each one and pick a winner. In particular, look for fit, finish, straightness, and good wood in the shaft.

SpiderMan

justbrake
04-12-2004, 12:52 PM
you could never go wrong with this (but $275.00) mike stacy
http://www.cueaddicts.com/newcues.htm

ryushen21
04-12-2004, 04:25 PM
My vote goes to Lucasi. good cues and very good prices. Here's one well below your budget so you could have money for a case and accessories etc. etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=21212&amp;item=3671054 486&amp;rd=1

woody_968
04-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Contact Madison Bob custom cues, I think you can get a hustler for around that figure. These are some of the best hitting cues I have ever played with! You wont be sorry if you go with a custom from a good builder. If you cant get one at the price you want from Bob directly I may know someone that would have a used one for sale. If your interested send me a PM.

http://www.madisonbobs.com/

sledhamrbrk
04-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Pat Diveney Custom Cues (http://www.diveneycues.com) You may consider one of Pat's custom made butterfly point hustlers. Should be close to your price range. They hit good,you will be pleased.

The Stacy Adams cue is a good recomendation.

For production cues. These 2 lines are best bang for your buck.

Nick Varners line of cues hit real good for a low end cue,in fact it's hard to call a low end cue.The hit rivals that of many of the other cues I have owned. Chris Cass would be sick,if he played with thier replica S.W. 3/8 x 11.5 pin

Lucasi
For appearance it rates high,for play they dont hit bad,I just dont care for the balance.(Forward balanced)The models with the radial pin have a nice hit.

ceebee
04-14-2004, 12:17 PM
John Parker, proprietor of Auerbach Custom Cues makes a very nice Cue for $225. His cues generally have the checked or solid DecoRings at A,B,C,D &amp; E locations. His cues are made of super nice woods &amp; his shafts are as fine as can be had. You get to choose your wrap &amp; tip too. Most of his cues are wood to wood with a 3/8-10 Screw.
www.auerbachcustomcues.com (http://www.auerbachcustomcues.com)

Tiabin
04-14-2004, 02:43 PM
There was a thread like this on insidepool... I'll give the same response I gave on there:
Meucci Demo Cue... A Meucci without the inlays.
http://www.budgetcues.com/meucci_demo_cue.htm

bigalerickson
04-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Lucasi sneaky pete. Picked it up with a case for 105! Played very well for my first year of playing.

Now I'm just lying in weight for my blackhearts!! Only seven more months!!!

-Alex

Big_Jon
04-14-2004, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JonM:</font><hr> Hi, I've been playing pool seriously for about 7 months now and I'm tired of using the house cues. So, now I am looking to purchase a cue for under $225. I'm not sure to what brand I want to get, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you <hr /></blockquote>

My best advise is as follows... by a $25 cue, get into a game, lose $200 to a guy with a nice cue. Wait until he leaves, jump him in the parking lot, and take his cue... Problem solved...

Thanks,

Jon

Wally_in_Cincy
04-15-2004, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tiabin:</font><hr> There was a thread like this on insidepool... I'll give the same response I gave on there:
Meucci Demo Cue... A Meucci without the inlays.
http://www.budgetcues.com/meucci_demo_cue.htm <hr /></blockquote>

You came to the wrong place to tout the virtues of Meucci's

Nightstalker
04-18-2004, 09:25 PM
I have played a Fury NR-1 for over a year and like it very much. I changed the LePro tip to a Moori M and it performs quite well and there are many Furys within your budget.

superstroke
04-19-2004, 03:55 AM
I would recommend that you see your local custome cue maker and ask him what the best he could do for you with that amount.

buddha162
04-19-2004, 01:54 PM
The guy's been playing pool for 7 months, and you want him to order a custom cue? For under $225?

He'll end up with a sneaky pete, or a very questionable cue. Either way, be it a SP or a bonafide buttsleeve/handle/forearm cue, I'll put my money behind Dan Janes any day of the week, for a cue that costs under $225.

Joss cues hit great, better than many custom cues out there.

-Roger

Tiabin
04-19-2004, 04:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
You came to the wrong place to tout the virtues of Meucci's <hr /></blockquote>
Oops... I forgot that at the mere mentioning of the Meucci name causes terror in the hearts of men... Women and children cry and the whole world seems to quake. I'll try to watch my language more carefully. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know if that'd count as "touting the virtue of Meucci."

highsea
04-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Joss.

-CM

BrakenRun
12-22-2006, 11:37 AM
I would give a Joss sneaky pete a try. I have been shooting with one for about 15 years now and love them. Very solid cue, nice wood, great hit and usually can get one on Ebay for about $200, sometimes a little less. I bought a brand new one a few months back for $160. Kevin /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <font color="blue"> </font color>

GKH
12-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Hi Guys! I'm new here. But; I just recently started playing pool again after getting a new 8ft. table for our house. And; I too, am considering a nicer cue. Currently; we have only the cues that came with the table. I was looking around and noticed McDermott. I really like the Arizona model. Any thoughts on this cue?

Thanks!

- Greg