PDA

View Full Version : Pool Cue Butt Extender

recoveryjones
04-12-2004, 10:49 AM
For those hard to reach shots I've seen some people unscrew the back of there cue and extend it to make the shot.I also have seen someone add an extension piece that just slips over top of the cue butt and that subsequently lengthens the cue.Does anyone know where one can purchase this extension piece?(I think one of the pros, maybe Steve Mizerak endorses it) I've heard doing the actual cut on the cue for a built in extension is around $150 and I'm also concerned about cutting into my cue because of cosmetic and possible performance differences. Any comments on this matter is much appreciated. RJ

Pizza Bob
04-12-2004, 12:15 PM
I think Karen Corr has the right idea - borrowed from her snooker background. Rather than anything "gimmicky" like the internal rod between the butt sleeve and the grip area, or anything cheap, like the slip-over polyethylene sleeves, she had a QD joint installed where the bumper would be and then had an extension made that has the male half of this fastener on it. If you were a real stickler for detail, and couldn't live without a bumper, I suppose a bumper could be fashioned with the same male half of the QD - then you could interchange bumper or extension, and it wouldn't affect the playing characteristics of the cue. Just a thought.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

pooltchr
04-12-2004, 12:38 PM
The poly extenders are called the Cue-Reach and I would imagine you can find them most anywhere online. They sell for around $20 and are quite handy, particularly if you don't like using a bridge.

recoveryjones
04-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks for your reply Bob, much appreciated. I just seen what you are talking about at the Inside Pool store.They sell that option that you are talking about which involves interchanging the butt rubber with an extension piece. They also sell that cheap plastic slip on piece.I'll talk to my custom cue maker about the possibility of him making that extension piece. I rarely come across stretch shots as I am fairly tall and I'm not bad with the rest, however, I don't feel comfortable doing anything fancy with the rest either.I may just buy the plastic slip over piece.

These extra piece won't fit in my 3x6 case, however, so I can see why people end up cutting their cue and getting the screw out option installed. RJ

PQQLK9
04-12-2004, 01:15 PM
The Longoni folks were showing this at Valley Forge. It was appealing to me and a lot of others but kind of pricey at $49.00. Heck I still may buy it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
http://www.longonicues.com/download/cases%20e%20accessories/prolunga%20universale%20longoni%20-%20inglese.pdf

SPetty
04-12-2004, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> The Longoni folks ...<hr /></blockquote>Yeah, that does look neat, but I'd be careful with this warning: "Warning: never turn the cue inside the extension". They don't tell you what the consequences would be if you did that.

Predator314
04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
There are two different types of extenders. There is a cue reach cue extender that slips over the butt of your cue and gives you some extra cue at the bottom to hold onto (kind of like what Karen Corr uses). There is also another product that slips over your shaft and it has its own ferrule and tip.

I can get you either one for $17.95 plus shipping. If intersted, just PM me.